TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 8, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #20,971 of 24,683
so i guess nobody received their airs yet? the 7-10 day windows mentioned in the last update should be up by now, shouldn't it?

The 10th day would be tomorrow (Wednesday), so conceivably shipping should begin within several days. I think since they will only receive the shipment from China tomorrow that shipping won't begin until Monday of next week.

Aug 8, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #20,973 of 24,683
Interesting... many of us preordered the Icarus III, long time ago, and received no shipping info, no updated status for the preorders made long time ago, no nothing, and waiting with some other
preorders as well.

I am going to contact Kiean again, since the first and only reply I have got from him was that all of the Icarus III are shipped to customers.

Or I am going to contact this new person - manager at Trinity, directly here on HeadFi.
I don't think they do shipping confirmation on preorder items but they do give them on in-stock orders.

Aug 8, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #20,974 of 24,683
The 10th day would be tomorrow (Wednesday), so conceivably shipping should begin within several days. I think since they will only receive the shipment from China tomorrow that shipping won't begin until Monday of next week.
I think we'll be lucky to see any Air deliveries in the next 2-3 weeks. Not expecting it to happen. Would really like to get them delivered though.

Can y'all believe it? Been just a bit over 9 months since the Airs were funded. In a normal KS campaign, couldn't bat an eye about that, but the reason this felt so long was because they had claimed that the funding was really only for production, not even for design and prototyping. And if you look at the frequency of updates, it's actually pretty much on-par with what you'd expect: about an update per month. That just seems really bad because we were so used to getting answers almost weekly here in the forums, but I feel like once a month updates are generally par for the course with KS campaigns.

Hopefully this wait is finally over.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #20,975 of 24,683
I think we'll be lucky to see any Air deliveries in the next 2-3 weeks. Not expecting it to happen. Would really like to get them delivered though.

For any backer in the US, I would say that is true as it will take 2-3 weeks to deliver. Still using my original Dash from the KS, so not in any hurry really.

Mostly enjoying listening to the Icarus III, but more importantly my Hunter. It just keeps sounding better every day!

Aug 8, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #20,976 of 24,683
I don't think they do shipping confirmation on preorder items but they do give them on in-stock orders.
I am sorry and I do not want to sound abrasive to the issue or any of the headfiers, but to order in stock Icarus III, receive it within days, while there are preordered (several monhts ago) Icarus III for the same price - does not make an ounce of sense to me, never heard about such customer policy.

There is one headfier who posted here during last few days, and clearly said that he preordered late march, still no package, no update status at the account at the Trinity, the answer from Kieran was that the Icarus should be on it's way, and since then nothing happened. Same here.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #20,977 of 24,683
This make things even more interesting.

Would like to hear from others who made preorders in march, aprli this year and so on, and have not received any hum in any way about Icarus III being sent to us.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm not complaining, I am just excited and wanted to know if anyone have received theirs yet from this last "batch".

But I do understand yours and many others frustrations. It doesn't make any sense for them to ship "in stock" orders before the preorders.

Aug 8, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #20,978 of 24,683
I am sorry and I do not want to sound abrasive to the issue or any of the headfiers, but to order in stock Icarus III, receive it within days, while there are preordered (sveral monhts ago) Icarus III for the same price does not make an ounce of sense to me, never heard about such customer policy.

There is one headfier who posted here during last few days, and clearly said that he preordered late march, still no package, no update status at the account at the Trinity, the answer from Kieran was that the Icarus should be on it's way, and since then nothing happened. Same here.
Oh I'm not justifying or rationalizing it. Just pointing out that this is how they seem to do things.

Aug 8, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #20,980 of 24,683
Yup. Which like I said before, is doing things the wrong way around.

This can have practical consequences for the Trinity sales as well. I have seen people ready to preorder the Phoenix, and simply giving up on it only due to the treatment of the preorders of the other items that many headfiers have preordered.

I would today, with this experience in mind, choose simply to wait and then order - for example - Phoenix when the time is in. Or simply not to order it for the time being.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #20,981 of 24,683
Next week, guaranteed. *scnr* :D
Well the Icarus III is in the house..with carrying case (got a ton of those now, lol) and spinfits as well! Looking great, will be trying out some filters but I guess I will end up with the usual recipe: as neutral as possible, hehe. Let's see if my ears can hear a difference between them & my Masters.

First thing I noticed is that some pairs of filters have uneven black rubber spacers/rings. It's visible when they're mounted on the metal plate, but also if screwed in on the iems. Not sure if it impacts sound or not, or is just a cosmetic issue. Do other Icarus III owners have these uneven filters as well? It's only a few of them, but looks very odd.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #20,982 of 24,683
@OldDude04 THX for posting up that filter chart for everyone:wink: I don't have a problem with a brighter SS and I've settled on the green filter with Auvio tips, been in this rig for the most part of the day and it sounds stellar. Mind you this is an old iPhone 4 with an inexpensive BlueBird U3 amp and the Icarus III's are just musical as can be:grin:
Icky BlueBird 4.JPG

Aug 8, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #20,984 of 24,683
Well the Icarus III is in the house..with carrying case (got a ton of those now, lol) and spinfits as well! Looking great, will be trying out some filters but I guess I will end up with the usual recipe: as neutral as possible, hehe. Let's see if my ears can hear a difference between them & my Masters.

First thing I noticed is that some pairs of filters have uneven black rubber spacers/rings. It's visible when they're mounted on the metal plate, but also if screwed in on the iems. Not sure if it impacts sound or not, or is just a cosmetic issue. Do other Icarus III owners have these uneven filters as well? It's only a few of them, but looks very odd.

Since I have read that you have preordered them in late march, congrats, I'm really happy for you and happy that some of the people who preordered them are getting them.

Still, I agree with the previous comment of the @Midgetguy regarding the issue with preordering vs. ordering just days ago and getting them immediately, and that comment was spot on.

Aug 8, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #20,985 of 24,683
@OldDude04 THX for posting up that filter chart for everyone:wink: I don't have a problem with a brighter SS and I've settled on the green filter with Auvio tips, been in this rig for the most part of the day and it sounds stellar. Mind you this is an old iPhone 4 with an inexpensive BlueBird U3 amp and the Icarus III's are just musical as can be:grin:

The greens are lovely, particularly amped. Smooth well bodied sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back