TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 8, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #20,986 of 24,683
haven't put them near the pono, just the iphone

Aug 9, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #20,987 of 24,683
Anybody get their PM6s lately? Haven't logged on in a while and fell 20+ pages behind. Did they forget about us already? Seems like people are receiving the Icarus III only. I feel like us PM6s backers were just guinea pigs for other IEMs Trinity wanted to work on.

They are waiting on another batch to come in, quoted as being around 21 days from around a week ago.

Aug 9, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #20,988 of 24,683
Since I have read that you have preordered them in late march, congrats, I'm really happy for you and happy that some of the people who preordered them are getting them.

Still, I agree with the previous comment of the @Midgetguy regarding the issue with preordering vs. ordering just days ago and getting them immediately, and that comment was spot on.
Very true indeed. I am happy for the stock order folks that got them for the great price, I always wish others great deals/bang for buck. But I do feel cheated. Preorder, but get no real reward: the great price is still available, and you don't get them sooner either. So why again did I preorder? And the customer service feels "get half an answer out asap". Bitter sweet...

I'm happy they sound very nice & I like the smaller size. Still hate the cable(system) though, hehe.

Aug 9, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #20,990 of 24,683
Does anybody know what the difference in SS between the Icarus III and IV is?
The IV has only a BA Driver more, right?

Aug 9, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #20,992 of 24,683
Does anybody know what the difference in SS between the Icarus III and IV is?
The IV has only a BA Driver more, right?

I3
  • Aluminium shells
  • 11mm dual coil electroacoustic transducer + second generation balanced armature
  • Huge accessory package inc our standard case, 6.3mm adapter, huge selection of eartips (S/M/M/L silicone, double flange, S/M Memory foam, Spinfit tips)
vs.

I4
  • Lightweight Alloy shells
  • 11mm dual coil electroacoustic transducer + Dual Balanced Armature
  • Impedance 22 Ω
  • Huge accessory package inc our standard case, 6.3mm adapter, huge selection of eartips (S/M/M/L silicone, double flange, S/M Memory foam,Kombi tips)
And the most significant point I think is: first Trinity IEM to feature a integrated crossover network.

Aug 9, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #20,993 of 24,683
TA cleanup their site removing hyperion, bt lanyard, spinfi and others, also no free shipping now...

Time to remoce parts of the aite.... Now if they can find time to reply to my email within "48 hours" that'd be nice.

Currently on 432 hours...

EDIT: Feel bad now. Literally 2 minutes after posting he replies and without any moaning or "unforunatly" or anything solves a 6 month issue in one email.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #20,994 of 24,683
I was told I was part of the next batch in two weeks about two months ago.

Yeah I know that feeling, I was told something similar.

I believe it was along the lines of "yours will be one of the first that ships" early July. I can only guess they sent some abroad instead of sending mine in the UK or that they simply never arrived at Trinity in the first place.

Given no more USA or other counties have reported receiving the PM6 since I was told the above I guess they didn't receive them back in July and have now been told they won't receive them until the end of August.

Their supplier needs to up their game.

Aug 9, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #20,998 of 24,683
What are you guys using to amp you Icarus III?

Any noticeable difference adding an amp to drive them?

So far and in order of (my) preference:

RSA Tomahawk
JDS Labs C421
Martin's Hybrid Valve Amp
Topping NX2
JDS Labs CMOY BB V.2
BlueBird U3 Mini
Xduoo XQ -10
Topping NX1

As been said by a few others the Icarus III as well as many other Trinity iem's benefit from some good amp'age:wink:

Aug 9, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #21,000 of 24,683
The fact is that I have been able to drive perfectly PM4 and Master with my DX50 in low gain. By perfectly I mean getting the best from them. No special scaling when adding the E12 to the combo through line out. But, strangely, The Icarus III (received yesterday) is a totally different experience as, directly from the HO, they sound totally lifeless, but adding the E12 make them come to life. Even without bass boost, the low end becomes full, but not overwhelming, and the rest of the spectrum gets a better sense of clarity, specially in the mids, as I assume they're not the most detailed IEMs in the market.

Most strangely, they pair well with a modest Cowon C2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back