TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 10, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #21,017 of 24,683
Time to remoce parts of the aite.... Now if they can find time to reply to my email within "48 hours" that'd be nice.
Currently on 432 hours...

EDIT: Feel bad now. Literally 2 minutes after posting he replies and without any moaning or "unforunatly" or anything solves a 6 month issue in one email.
I emailed Kieran on July 30th, August 1st, and August 6th asking to work out some issues (Atlas Delta Pre Order with BT Lanyard) that Jake emailed back and forth for weeks on...

Still NO RESPONSE from Kieran! That's a long time compared to "48 hours".
Maybe posting this will make a response magically appear ... he says hopefully.

Aug 10, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #21,018 of 24,683
The Icarus IV have 22Ohm, so an amp would be better to drive them? Have none, only my M1 dap. Some suggestions for an portable amp for this combi?

Going to depend on what you want to spend, tons of folks run the Mojo but even and Xduoo XQ-10 can drive them nice IMO. Toppings latest Gen NX1 would also be nice and less expensive:wink:

Aug 10, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #21,020 of 24,683
See, this is the good side of Head-Fi right here. Real decent of you UKMrT, hope he takes you up on that.

Indeed. Fortunately in my short stay in head fi I've came across some really genuine nice people.
Despite me being in Portugal I'm already in contact with the generous @UKMrT :)

Aug 10, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #21,022 of 24,683
I wonder if a dap, lets say AK Kann, would sound better with the same amp added outboard? In other words, if AK sold the Kann amp seperately and it was used with a Kann would it sound better? There are now 2 battery power supplies. One would be handling the low signal area and the other would be handling the brute force amp work. Is it possible a normal dap or phone is compromised because working the amp hard causes fluctuations in the single battery power supply, and that plays hell with the low level signal? Does any dap company sell the same amp seperately for others to use?

Aug 10, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #21,023 of 24,683
I wonder if a dap, lets say AK Kann, would sound better with the same amp added outboard? In other words, if AK sold the Kann amp seperately and it was used with a Kann would it sound better? There are now 2 battery power supplies. One would be handling the low signal area and the other would be handling the brute force amp work. Is it possible a normal dap or phone is compromised because working the amp hard causes fluctuations in the single battery power supply, and that plays hell with the low level signal? Does any dap company sell the same amp seperately for others to use?

That's a helluva question. I'd like to know the answer to that as well.

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #21,024 of 24,683
ahhhhhh.... I don't usually post but hey trinity it's been so long since you said that PM6 and phantom air will be shipping...

and it's really a phantom and ship into the air.

Can the new management do some thing? Or even reply here to reinstate confidence into the customers????

Aug 10, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #21,025 of 24,683
It also depends on their sensitivity. The lower the sensitivity the harder they are to drive.
Good point, forgot about the sensitivity. The Supra is a much more sensitive IEM than the Trinity models. That said, I just got in some MEE Audio M7 Pros and those are listed at 16Ohms and 96dB which means they should be harder to get to volume than the Hyperion, but there equal, if not even slightly easier to get to volume.

Aug 10, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #21,028 of 24,683
Well the new Trinity is not anything like the old Trinity (Post May 2016):rolling_eyes: That's about when Bob was fighting other demons than just suppliers!

Aug 10, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #21,029 of 24,683
Well the new Trinity is not anything like the old Trinity (Post May 2016):rolling_eyes: That's about when Bob was fighting other demons than just suppliers!

Yea...I miss the old Trinity, back when Bob used to be in here everyday just to chat even if it wasn't product related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back