TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 5, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #19,216 of 24,683
Putting my cynical hat on, I'm wondering if Bob showed an Instagram picture of the Can-Jam IcarusIII set to satisfy the people waiting for news...
I would have expected to see the Trinity logo on the faceplates for the IcarusIII, but of course I could be very wrong. The lack of anyone getting any shipping news or tracking numbers yet is mildly concerning.. something needs to happen fast for hope to remain positive.
I'm giving it another week, because that's all the time I have, but I need to get my tracking number by then.. and it was "guaranteed" in writing.....so....?

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #19,217 of 24,683
No, i was at desktop. Just not gave enough time to figure. I was able to compare them to MEE Audio Duo or something like that. I believe they're discounted for some time. It's not fair to compare to dual driver but price is low and they-re like 6-7mm. And i also remember how other cheap headphones and even mobile headsets sound. If there is burn-in with hyperion then i might be wrong. Or people just getting used to these dips and bumps and think that sound is alright for price.

Yes, response seems to be full range, up to 20khz. I meant that there is some unpleasant dips and general response is terrible just like any cheap in-ears around 10-15 bucks (i rule out any horrible and wrong examples), the very signature sound of cheap speakers + some uncommon decent bass level. I just started a little bit worried for their higher line-up and thinking that Trinity is just a marketing gimmick with their MSRP taken out of nowhere. Now i just hope that their mid line at least sounds for their pre-order prices.

I regged primally to ask people if they are ok with another lie from Trinity about Icarus 3 shipping as there is not a single email confirmation even from UK customers. Yes, it was aimed as offensive comment, cause i thought they would be better and our experiences with entry in-ears are different, perhaps i criticize things too strongly. But i am not the only one with negative opinion about hyperion, it means something is up with them even for an entry pair of iems. I am ok with rude, no worries.
So quick crash course, Reply puts the quote directly in the message box, +Quote sets up for multiquote, but you've probably already figured that out a few posts later.

Anyway, what you did was compare the Hyperion to an IEM that cost like $70 MSRP and even was still like $30-40 used, from a company that's well-regarded for sound quality no less. But I don't have your ears, who am I to tell you what you're hearing? If you don't like them, then you don't like them. I dunno if it's because they're defective or if they just aren't good for you, but whatever I say isn't likely going to change your mind. I don't find their prices to be totally taken out of nowhere, but they've been inflated as of late for sure. Still would bet you that more people than not are quite happy of with how the Hyperion sounds and it's not because they spent their previous days/years listening to Skullcandy Jibs or whatever they are. I'd suggest you refrain from comments that outright insult peoples' ability to judge good sound quality regardless of how experienced you may be.

And make no mistake, NO ONE is happy with how they're "delivering" products right now. It's a terrible way to do business.

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #19,219 of 24,683
well, i'm new to Trinity, so i hope Icarus 3 or 4 will satisfy my need in mid-fi pair of in-ears. I'm just a tiny little bit worried after my first impressions of hyperion and their respective price. We'll see.

I am open to Trinity products. Just don't want to fell victim to trivial marketing gimmicks. Maybe they need time to soothe their uneven character. They have to sound V-shaped, W-shaped, U-shaped, Slope-shaped whatever. But not \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/. Signature right now is too much filtered for me. I will give them some time but i have no need in them, frankly. They will be laying somewhere far among all the cheap sets from phones and older working iems.

Yes, this last update completely baffles me. Why another buying time through trickery. Isn't it enough? Just say and prove it that you will start to ship on 06 July or whatever the real date is. And how they set the date on Friday was really funny to me.

Lol. I guess you didn't really read the past 1000 pages. If you did, you probably wouldn't have ordered from Trinity at all. They never hit the "guaranteed" shipping dates. Even though the email said that it is currently shipping, your IEMs likely have not shipped. I wouldn't even be confident that the Icarus line is even built yet.

The PM6s were guaranteed late March 2017 to ship. That obviously didn't happen. Basically, what I'm trying to say is if you're disappointed right now, imagine how the rest of us who have been waiting almost a year feel. There's no point on complaining, I think we've all covered that already. Expect to be disappointed more because it'll take a while for Trinity to recover and catch up.

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #19,220 of 24,683
Yes, response seems to be full range, up to 20khz. I meant that there is some unpleasant dips and general response is terrible just like any cheap in-ears around 10-15 bucks (i rule out any horrible and wrong examples), the very signature sound of cheap speakers + some uncommon decent bass level. I just started a little bit worried for their higher line-up and thinking that Trinity is just a marketing gimmick with their MSRP taken out of nowhere. Now i just hope that their mid line at least sounds for their pre-order prices.

If they sound bad to you, you can't say it's a bad headphone. I don't like the way HD800s sound but it doesn't mean they're terrible. I have $90 headphones that sound better than HD800s TO ME.

Jul 6, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #19,221 of 24,683
Lol. I guess you didn't really read the past 1000 pages. If you did, you probably wouldn't have ordered from Trinity at all. They never hit the "guaranteed" shipping dates. Even though the email said that it is currently shipping, your IEMs likely have not shipped. I wouldn't even be confident that the Icarus line is even built yet.

The PM6s were guaranteed late March 2017 to ship. That obviously didn't happen. Basically, what I'm trying to say is if you're disappointed right now, imagine how the rest of us who have been waiting almost a year feel. There's no point on complaining, I think we've all covered that already. Expect to be disappointed more because it'll take a while for Trinity to recover and catch up.
Hey! You can't be so sure! They've probably produced and shipped at least 200 of them! They just happened to have all been orders to non Head-Fiers* :p

*For those newer to the thread, yes, that was sarcasm.

Jul 6, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #19,223 of 24,683
If they sound bad to you, you can't say it's a bad headphone. I don't like the way HD800s sound but it doesn't mean they're terrible. I have $90 headphones that sound better than HD800s TO ME.

I agree with this I didn't like dunu titan 3 too bright for me , I suffer with too high treble at times but extremely popular iem.

Jul 6, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #19,225 of 24,683

The PM6s were guaranteed late March 2017 to ship...

Actually the Hunter and PM6 were originally 'guaranteed' before the holidays 2016 which is why I ordered them for snowboarding lol.

Jul 6, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #19,226 of 24,683
I have been away from this forum for a long while, since I receoved my PM6. Anybody received anything in the last month or so?
This we are shipping thing sounds fake again, but I truly hope to get my hunter and icarus one day

Jul 6, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #19,227 of 24,683
I have been away from this forum for a long while, since I receoved my PM6. Anybody received anything in the last month or so?
This we are shipping thing sounds fake again, but I truly hope to get my hunter and icarus one day

Well I'm hoping it's not fake and to get my hunter very soon, I was told expecting delivery of stock this week that was on Monday.

Jul 6, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #19,229 of 24,683
I have not been listening to IEMs below $100 category. But if Trinity's products like Hyperion are super competitive still to $60 lineup of others companies like JVC, Sony, etc that says a lot good will for Hyperions.

I'm still using Vyrus V1 (improved Hyperion) since a whole year and still like it for a lot of genres.

For the music you have shared I think the Hyperions are quite good, If Vyrus are improved hyperion I think you are very happy with them, more If you bought them on pre-sale price. I will recieve the V2 on a pair of weeks and I can compare it with the hyperions if you are interested.

I regged primally to ask people if they are ok with another lie from Trinity about Icarus 3 shipping as there is not a single email confirmation even from UK customers. Yes, it was aimed as offensive comment, cause i thought they would be better and our experiences with entry in-ears are different, perhaps i criticize things too strongly. But i am not the only one with negative opinion about hyperion, it means something is u

It's for sure you are not the only one who don't like the Hyperions, but it doesn't means they are a $10 cheap earphones as maximum.

I'll give my thoughts about hyperions.

Bass: Sub-bass extention, quality and control is really good even my full size cans like the Fidelio X2 can't reach it ; the mid-bass is full bodied (more than I'd like it) and very present, but not as controled as its sub-bass.

Mids: Something strange happens here, the vocals are very clear and crisp (similar to Masters); but instruments like keyboard, piano and others on these frequencies are a bit receded.

Highs: The highs are full bodied and I don't percive silabance on them. IEMs like Ty hi-z G3 and vivo xe800 are better articulated and refined than the hyperions. Depending of the genre and the number of instruments it can be a little congested.

Soundstage: Not much to say, is just good and coherent to its sound signature.

Amping: Hyperions don't need an amp, they are the easiest earphones to drive that I owned.

I'm not an expert and I don't pretend to be one (not this year haha) , that's the reason why I self limited to compare hyperions with other stuff I have/had instead to describe how it sounds.
I just shared my opinión for fun :smile_phones:

Jul 6, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #19,230 of 24,683
Really appreciate the input from everyone who gave the attention to my Hyperion impressions, Trinity might not deserve such a caring public around them. I fully understand i'm in minority with my negative connotations so i retire after this post from talking bad words for now.
Alex3221, i agree mostly, they don't have extreme cases of bad sounding (sibilance, high-pass filtering, etc), but signature is just of a cheap headphones that i can buy even from nonamers for half less than supposed MSRP which was my general complain: is Trinity prices (even pre-order/discount) just a lure? I asked because i have no experience with their products other than Hyperion, ofc i could wait and after purchasing something else done my own conclusions by myself, but that's what a lot of today businesses is waiting, that's why they use astroturfers and damage-control.
I did check on the kickstarter hyperion campaign and it was 20 pounds for a pair. So the price is for convenience and accessories, not the sound. "Built to audiophile standards" ..ch, please.
I don't think Trinity has ever done shipping confirmations for preorder items and if they did then hugely delayed. And "shipping" means they started putting them into packages.

So while this is certainly poor practice this isn't really anything new.
Thanks for clarification. Then on this week is nothing to expect. Really want to believe that they're not going to take more than 2 weeks for preparation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back