TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 6, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #19,232 of 24,683
Lol. I guess you didn't really read the past 1000 pages....

I snickered when I read this. If I haven't been reading every day for the past year+, I certainly would not have waded through the leviathan that is this thread. Ha ha.

Actual picture of Trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem thread
upload_2017-7-6_11-12-16.png

Jul 6, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #19,233 of 24,683
I snickered when I read this. If I haven't been reading every day for the past year+, I certainly would not have waded through the leviathan that is this thread. Ha ha.

Actual picture of Trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem thread
Seriously though... I tried reading it once a week but then fell back like 80 pages sometimes

Jul 6, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #19,235 of 24,683
Jul 6, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #19,236 of 24,683
currently happy sitting here listening to Natalie Merchant's "Ophelia" album with a pair of QKZ DM6 iems costing $6.90 ordered June 28th and delivered in the UK today. They sound great too.

Jul 6, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #19,237 of 24,683
For the music you have shared I think the Hyperions are quite good, If Vyrus are improved hyperion I think you are very happy with them, more If you bought them on pre-sale price. I will recieve the V2 on a pair of weeks and I can compare it with the hyperions if you are interested.

It's for sure you are not the only one who don't like the Hyperions, but it doesn't means they are a $10 cheap earphones as maximum.

I'll give my thoughts about hyperions.

Bass: Sub-bass extention, quality and control is really good even my full size cans like the Fidelio X2 can't reach it ; the mid-bass is full bodied (more than I'd like it) and very present, but not as controled as its sub-bass.

Mids: Something strange happens here, the vocals are very clear and crisp (similar to Masters); but instruments like keyboard, piano and others on these frequencies are a bit receded.

Highs: The highs are full bodied and I don't percive silabance on them. IEMs like Ty hi-z G3 and vivo xe800 are better articulated and refined than the hyperions. Depending of the genre and the number of instruments it can be a little congested.

Soundstage: Not much to say, is just good and coherent to its sound signature.

Amping: Hyperions don't need an amp, they are the easiest earphones to drive that I owned.

I'm not an expert and I don't pretend to be one (not this year haha) , that's the reason why I self limited to compare hyperions with other stuff I have/had instead to describe how it sounds.
I just shared my opinión for fun :smile_phones:
Thank you so much! Yeah I would be happy if you did a comparison! Between V2 and hyperion.
20120619_71424.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #19,238 of 24,683
Well its 6.15pm in the uk and no shipping confirmation or news about a delivery so looks like nothing coming this week as I dont think they will be shipping out tomorrow being fri for a weekend delivery.
Wishful thinking eh.

Jul 6, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #19,241 of 24,683
Oh boy, ACTION!!! *Makes popcorn*
If only it were the right kind of action....you know, like people getting deliveries :p

I have been away from this forum for a long while, since I receoved my PM6. Anybody received anything in the last month or so?
This we are shipping thing sounds fake again, but I truly hope to get my hunter and icarus one day
You can refer to my post a few posts above yours :D

Really appreciate the input from everyone who gave the attention to my Hyperion impressions, Trinity might not deserve such a caring public around them. I fully understand i'm in minority with my negative connotations so i retire after this post from talking bad words for now.
Alex3221, i agree mostly, they don't have extreme cases of bad sounding (sibilance, high-pass filtering, etc), but signature is just of a cheap headphones that i can buy even from nonamers for half less than supposed MSRP which was my general complain: is Trinity prices (even pre-order/discount) just a lure? I asked because i have no experience with their products other than Hyperion, ofc i could wait and after purchasing something else done my own conclusions by myself, but that's what a lot of today businesses is waiting, that's why they use astroturfers and damage-control.
I did check on the kickstarter hyperion campaign and it was 20 pounds for a pair. So the price is for convenience and accessories, not the sound. "Built to audiophile standards" ..ch, please.

Thanks for clarification. Then on this week is nothing to expect. Really want to believe that they're not going to take more than 2 weeks for preparation.
Those Chinese nonamers are built like crap though and don't have the accessory package. Not everyone finds what they want when the IEM comes in terrible heat-sealed plastic packaging with 2 extra sets of silicone tips. When something is designed and built in China, it gets a lot cheaper. Just look at Apple products; built and produced in China, but designed in the US so their stuff is expensive as all hell with similar performance to a comparatively cheaper PC. Really the only Hyperion trait I'd even consider comparing to those low-rent IEMs is the mids, which are a bit recessed, but still more lively and less hollow and distorted than cheap sets. Ah yes, and here I am still trying to change your mind; stupid, stupid me, what's the point?

Trinity Audio used to deserve every bit of support they got, but these days, they've strayed far from that path. To be clear, in my defense of the Hyperion, I'm not defending Trinity Audio; one needs to learn to separate the two when appropriate. The product is good, but it doesn't necessarily need to be a reflection of how the company runs, which in its current state, you really wonder what in the heck they're doing. Like seriously, does their shipping line include passing through an incinerator or what? Reports of deliveries, if any, are few and far between. Communication is misleading at best when it isn't an outright lie. Requests for help or updates are inconsistently met with both useless replies and very helpful responses. Their company performance keeps fluctuating; sometimes, things seem to be looking up and it seems like they're on track to start clawing back some semblance of being a good company and other times, there's just complete silence when they could be helping both the consumers and themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back