TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 4, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #19,186 of 24,683
Well my conversation wasn't that revealing , but i did feel they were trying to help and I can only comment on the hunter of which it is all im owed now as they refunded my delta.
Both Jake and Kieran emailed me and I actually spoke to Jake about my hunter of which after our conversation i felt for the moment satisfied.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #19,187 of 24,683
My Sabre shell popped apart this morning.
Any advice on gluing it back together? I'm not bothering with sending it back to Trinity.
Cant help you with how to fix your Sabre... but just contact Trinity, am sure they will help you out. Had a prob with my Delta's V2 and once I contacted them directly, they sorted it straight away. My advise would be to send them a picture and explain what happened. No hassle.

Jul 4, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #19,188 of 24,683
If it's anything other than the hunter shells, I can't say I feel for them... If you have preorders, goal is to plan ahead. The PM6 didn't suffer from the shell issue, so theoretically they should have inventory of everything required WAY ahead of delivery date. Trinity is clearly not fessing up to something...

Well my conversation wasn't that revealing , but i did feel they were trying to help and I can only comment on the hunter of which it is all im owed now as they refunded my delta.
Both Jake and Kieran emailed me and I actually spoke to Jake about my hunter of which after our conversation i felt for the moment satisfied.

I just think there a lot more behind in production of all products and the production delays on some products had knock on effects on others.
I don't think it's been great , I still think my frustration was justified i.e lack of communication but i do think that we will receive our products now where as before the update this weekend, my delta refund, and resulting conversation today i was sceptical from just not knowing.
Still understand your frustration karendar you have a lot of products outstanding and more to lose than most, but i hope it all starts to move forward for you, me and everyone very soon.

Jul 4, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #19,189 of 24,683
one of my Vyrus 2 shells fell open I just dabbed a little gorilla glue round the edge and clamped overnight. That sorted it and it has been fine since

Jul 4, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #19,195 of 24,683
it is under warranty but I just like to fix easy problems

You can do that.. but it is not your problem if the product you purchased is defective. Why not contact them via email. Am sure they would like to know any qc issues.

I think they have enough problems............ :)

Exactly. If they still had the Sabre in stock and could just swap out for a new one, or if they weren't so backed up with other stuff, I'd send mine in for repair. But, since it works and there is pretty much no chance of it getting fixed quickly, I'll do it myself. Just need some glue.

Jul 5, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #19,196 of 24,683
You can do that.. but it is not your problem if the product you purchased is defective. Why not contact them via email. Am sure they would like to know any qc issues.
I recently had my vyrus 1 crack in half because I was trying to get the 2 pin cable to stay in, which both cables never had. And the cost and time shipping back and forth is a pia so I glued it. Docent really help with the loose cable but it works. I had to ship my master back last week for an issue on the right side and it was $13 plus a week to get it there and hope it gets there and can be looked at in a reasonable amount of time, repaired and sent back to me will leave me without it for at least a month. Bottom line if you can fix it fix it.

Jul 5, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #19,197 of 24,683
I recently had my vyrus 1 crack in half because I was trying to get the 2 pin cable to stay in, which both cables never had. And the cost and time shipping back and forth is a pia so I glued it. Docent really help with the loose cable but it works. I had to ship my master back last week for an issue on the right side and it was $13 plus a week to get it there and hope it gets there and can be looked at in a reasonable amount of time, repaired and sent back to me will leave me without it for at least a month. Bottom line if you can fix it fix it.
I see it! there's a line at side of the Vyrus 1 that goes all around the IEM in a circle. Yikes, I can easily see how it can crack open like an egg!
Definitely got superglue ready just in case.

Jul 5, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #19,198 of 24,683
I just think there a lot more behind in production of all products and the production delays on some products had knock on effects on others.
I don't think it's been great , I still think my frustration was justified i.e lack of communication but i do think that we will receive our products now where as before the update this weekend, my delta refund, and resulting conversation today i was sceptical from just not knowing.
Still understand your frustration karendar you have a lot of products outstanding and more to lose than most, but i hope it all starts to move forward for you, me and everyone very soon.

Yeah, I'm just irritated at this point t that they didn't manage to get me an IEM in hand other than the hyperion before my trip. If they didn't have a hyperion overstock, I wouldn't have had anything.

I will get products... Will I be happy receiving them? Not really. Will I ever back trinity again? Not really. Will I make someone happy by selling these off at par or at loss? More than likely. As long as someone's happy...

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #19,199 of 24,683
Yeah, I'm just irritated at this point t that they didn't manage to get me an IEM in hand other than the hyperion before my trip. If they didn't have a hyperion overstock, I wouldn't have had anything.

I will get products... Will I be happy receiving them? Not really. Will I ever back trinity again? Not really. Will I make someone happy by selling these off at par or at loss? More than likely. As long as someone's happy...

Yeah i get you I realy do, someone that's owed that many products and invested quite a bit of money and patience should be a number one priority in my book , I don't get some of what they do from a business point of view.
I do still think in simple terms they bit of way more than they can chew resulting in a few products with production issues/ knock on effect to other products hence lots of delays across the board and other products being cancelled totally.
From a customer and business point of view it's not been great for anyone and I do feel sorry for them to a degree, they were and I think still would like to be a community based manufacturer which Is pretty unique and they were and still are offering great iems at great prices but in my opinion and yes it's only my opinion too many products at once for such a small company has been the root cause.
I genuinely do hope they find there feet again when they get the product right its usually pretty damn good.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #19,200 of 24,683
Speaking of repair jobs, can anyone tell me how the Hunter shells are fixed together?
Bob sent me a demo/prototype Hunter a while back. They only came with gunmetal filters.
I've tried using other filters from Master (and now some they sent me specially), but I've found there's something up with the hole/screw thread on the right hand side.

The original gunmetal filter (one of them) fits, but every other filter I can just push into the hole and pull out without any resistance.
The other one is fine.
So it's pretty clear that it just needs a replacement shell on the right hand side. And not even a whole shell, just the part with the hole for the filter.

So I'm wondering whether to send them back (then I might never receive them again, or it might take months), or just ask for the replacement shell half (gunmetal).
Because of this filter issue, I've never really had a chance to test them.
Also, I'm not sure whether the tuning is off too?
They are clear enough, but not quite as detailed as I remember, nor with the special indefineable quality I heard on a different demo unit at CanJam.
Finally, the soundstage seems a bit closed in.

But then, I have little basis for comparison other than a half-remembered listen to a prototype 1 year ago :p
And the only IEM I have to realistically compare them to costs 3-4 times the price, so it's not really fair or indicative.

All feedback welcome.

Am going to be at the London CanJam this month by the way.
I'll be manning the iBasso stall.
Feel free to drop by and say hi if you're there, and if anyone coming has a fully-working pair of Hunter, would love it if you could let me compare with mine! (I have many of my own tips) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back