TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 18, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #17,086 of 24,683
Just had a quick look on the trinity web page at icarus iii and whilst similar, the design does appear to be a bit smaller but that may be an illusion. I can't remember where the impression is of the icarus iii by a member from canjam but I remember it being one of the main reasons for my purchase. I remember him saying something about the presentation and soundstage being very good or something, I could be wrong lol

May 18, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #17,087 of 24,683
It's very confusing. They said you can order them now or wait for the reveal in a few weeks. That reveal / becoming available never happened. Which is pretty much what I was waiting for tbh.
**** I hope all of this is gonna be worth it. If I waited a year to get a headphone that is barely worth it's discounted price I am gonna be very sad

May 18, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #17,088 of 24,683
icarus iii and whilst similar, the design does appear to be a bit smaller but that may be an illusion
If you look at the size of the cable entry and screw holes and compare with the pictures of the Master that have been shown, it is quite clear that the Icarus III shell is much smaller.
I'm starting to look obsessive now, so I'll stop :wink: but I'm sure I'm correct.

May 18, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #17,089 of 24,683
If you look at the size of the cable entry and screw holes and compare with the pictures of the Master that have been shown, it is quite clear that the Icarus III shell is much smaller.
I'm starting to look obsessive now, so I'll stop :wink: but I'm sure I'm correct.
You can see on the latest Instagram photo that they are all slightly different sizes / shapes.

May 18, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #17,090 of 24,683
I was just holding my Masters up to images of the Icarus III on their site and it's clear that they are 2 different shapes with the Masters being the larger of the two. Also, the Icarus III seems to have a deeper insertion.

May 18, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #17,091 of 24,683
Just got a mail back from Jake

'Unfortunately we have changed the decision of this' so no more Icarus I for shipping cost to apologize for the delay.

Very unfortunate, don't apologize and offer something to make up for it and then change your mind...

Unsure about this, do they mean going forward or ALL Icarus I orders?

May 18, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #17,092 of 24,683
:cold_sweat: wow what. They're like twice the size of my PM4s. The cable is unnecessarily thick and the Y-split is awkwardly big (and starts too early) but the size of the in ears themselves is the reason I'm trying to sell mine. They just look goofy protruding out of my ears.

The size of them on first glance (Inside the box) made them seem small. I took them out and they're thick. :wink: But the width is smaller than other IEM's I've owned back in the day. Can't tell you the brands, as it was a long time ago and I currently only own a Westone W3

May 18, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #17,094 of 24,683
It's very confusing. They said you can order them now or wait for the reveal in a few weeks. That reveal / becoming available never happened. Which is pretty much what I was waiting for tbh.
**** I hope all of this is gonna be worth it. If I waited a year to get a headphone that is barely worth it's discounted price I am gonna be very sad

Same here. I hope they don't go back on their word and still make it available at a later point.

May 18, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #17,096 of 24,683
download.jpg

Same. I have waited nearly a year at this point for my Red PM6. All I ever wanted was the truth and I can't seem to get it.

May 18, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #17,097 of 24,683
Quite sure that he is in the Uk.
Has anyone outside UK received tracking number for the PM6 or hunter? I added tracking to PM6 after my pm4 were lost for a month in the mail, but not sure if the change it's taken in account or not.
I did, yesterday, and I am located in Belgium.

May 18, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #17,099 of 24,683
So you're gonna immediately forward it to my address if you get it first because clearly it's actually mine that's supposed to show up first, right? Lol :laughing:. Anyway, I did order mine way back when it was released and they said they'd attempt to accommodate specific serial number requests as best as they could. But I can't for the life of me remember what I asked for haha.

I'm not sure if any of those details are true anymore about the Atlas-Delta. From the current site images, it pretty much looks like the Master to me. The difference is in the internals, but the shell does really look like the Master's shell to me.

Sorry for the late reply! I was glued to the Bragi NY event announcement. I am not sure you would want the number associated with my Hunter, if I am correct in the one I will get. You probably have a much better number!

May 18, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #17,100 of 24,683
Sorry for the late reply! I was glued to the Bragi NY event announcement. I am not sure you would want the number associated with my Hunter, if I am correct in the one I will get. You probably have a much better number!

I should be getting the last items in the 990 range, curious on which one they'll send out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back