TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 24, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #15,483 of 24,683
"... It is us that have been behind and trying to keep up with communication has been very tough due to the deluge of emails we have had over this past 7-10 days which has slowed us significantly with my inbox having 400+ emails to deal with.

Also Bob has refrained from posting on head-fi due to the amount of abuse even though he posted an update here http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/13170#post_1339521 but soon got lost in the speed that thread moved at. I think somewhere in that post or a following post or 2 it was going to take about a month to get through them and that was 2 weeks and 4 days ago.

So it is us that need to make amends and ..."

Don't know if its of any use to you guys.

This does not mean that Bob will never post here again. Once everyone gets their orders and these threads settle down from all the, ah, excitation they have been full of recently I hope he shall return. Wild speculation/conspiracy theories, libellous and unsubstantiated allegations of deceit/dishonesty, and other forms of unpleasantness hardly encourage it however.

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #15,485 of 24,683
  from that post : Everything else we had in build was pretty much done on time, Master, Vyrus V2, AD and Air.
where's the AD again...?

What about AD....

I regret my decision in general to buy from Trinity but specifically purchasing the ADs. They have a lot of time to update random small things on the website but no time to tell what's actually inside the ADs. What's the driver setup, what's the cable design, etc. etc. These things are still subject to change, let alone their designs which I see is the same as the Masters, so are the plates changeable?

I questioned Jake about all of this 7 days back. No reply.

I am just hoping I get them before I leave. No one is replying and showing up from TA's side and this is giving me a feeling that they haven't even shipped any ADs and I might have to go a dispute route now because they claimed they started shipping back in February, I have waited enough from November to almost May.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #15,487 of 24,683
  What about AD?

I regret my decision in general to buy from Trinity but specifically purchasing the ADs. They have a lot of time to update random small things on the website but no time to tell what's actually inside the ADs. What's the driver setup, what''s the cable design, etc. etc. These things are still subject to change, let alone there designs which I see is the same as the Masters, so are the plates changeable?

I questioned Jake about all of this 7 days back. No reply.

I am just hoping I get them before I leave. No one is replying and showing up from TA's side and this is giving me a feeling I might have to go a dispute route now, I have waited enough from November to almost May.

You are both right. The Atlas-Delta has gotten the worst treatment of them all. I told someone I recommended them to to cancel their order and purchase the Icarus III (at discount). I'm sure the Icarus III will get the attention it deserves given its appearance at camjam and how Bob speaks of it. I'm afraid the AD's will be obsolete by the time they even ship --- it's hard to see where they fit in the Trinity lineup, esp. with the new design that doesn't seem geared toward runners like the original Atlas. Bob responded to my original inquiries about the new design saying Trinity never claimed them to be for active use, but given the original design, sweatproofing, and previous model (not to mention the lack of a non-BT fitness IEM in their lineup) --- I have my doubts about that.

In other news, my Masters are current out for delivery. I imagine i'll be one of the first in the US to receive them. I'll post pics, impressions, etc. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #15,490 of 24,683
  You are both right. The Atlas-Delta has gotten the worst treatment of them all. I told someone I recommended them to to cancel their order and purchase the Icarus III (at discount). I'm sure the Icarus III will get the attention it deserves given its appearance at camjam and how Bob speaks of it. I'm afraid the AD's will be obsolete by the time they even ship --- it's hard to see where they fit in the Trinity lineup, esp. with the new design that doesn't seem geared toward runners like the original Atlas. Bob responded to my original inquiries about the new design saying Trinity never claimed them to be for active use, but given the original design, sweatproofing, and previous model (not to mention the lack of a non-BT fitness IEM in their lineup) --- I have my doubts about that.

In other news, my Masters are current out for order. I imagine i'll be one of the first in the US to receive them. I'll post pics, impressions, etc. 

I decided to purchase ADs because of the attention that was given to Delta II, the way people raved about them and it was mentioned by Jake to me that everything inside will be the same as that of Delta II and then Detachable Cables attracted me the most. The day they told that they have changed the cable system I wanted to cancel the order the same day but then a fellow friend suggested me to wait, because it's Trinity, they won't disappoint. He is a nice person. To this day all I have received from Trinity is : 0 IEM and e^(no. of updates) disappointments.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #15,491 of 24,683
  I decided to purchase ADs because of the attention that was given to Delta II, the way people raved about them and it was mentioned by Jake to me that everything inside will be the same as that of Delta II and then Detachable Cables attracted me the most. The day they told that they have changed the cable system I wanted to cancel the order the same day but then a fellow friend suggested me to wait, because it's Trinity, they won't disappoint. He is a nice person. To this day all I have received from Trinity is : 0 IEM and e^(no. of updates) disappointments.

Honestly, after what the AIR is getting as comments, Trinity has been the greatest regret buy of the last years for me. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #15,492 of 24,683

I'll get my first hands on the new cabling system today. In fact, these will be my first ever detachable IEMs. I'm actually pretty happy that they changed the cable. This allows them to experiment with new accessories, even if it means not having universal options and having to rely 
rolleyes.gif
 on Trinity. I imagine it will also lead to fewer failures, which were reported by quite a few folks. Wish there was news about your ADs! You'll just have to wait a few more weeks I'm afraid

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #15,493 of 24,683
"... It is us that have been behind and trying to keep up with communication has been very tough due to the deluge of emails we have had over this past 7-10 days which has slowed us significantly with my inbox having 400+ emails to deal with.

Also Bob has refrained from posting on head-fi due to the amount of abuse even though he posted an update here http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/13170#post_1339521 but soon got lost in the speed that thread moved at. I think somewhere in that post or a following post or 2 it was going to take about a month to get through them and that was 2 weeks and 4 days ago.

So it is us that need to make amends and ..."

Don't know if its of any use to you guys.

From Bob's post shortly after the update:

"Being realistic it will take me around 3-4 weeks to finish the final ones. It maybe less time than that but better to make it longer. Don't want to repeat the same mistake. PM6 and Hunter had shipped, just not all of them."

This was posted 3 weeks ago today... I guess it's the good old "next week" again.

Still very interesting, that the 3-4 weeks he's referring to is to finish the last 290 pieces of Hunters and PM6s. Where are the other ~1700? Sorry for beating that horse again...

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #15,494 of 24,683
  I'll get my first hands on the new cabling system today. In fact, these will be my first ever detachable IEMs. I'm actually pretty happy that they changed the cable. This allows them to experiment with new accessories, even if it means not having universal options and having to rely 
rolleyes.gif
 on Trinity. I imagine it will also lead to fewer failures, which were reported by quite a few folks. Wish there was news about your ADs! You'll just have to wait a few more weeks I'm afraid

Well, I won't be getting any IEMs from them if the wait is for more than a week. I told them in February, very clearly, I am leaving this place on 4th May without fail and if I don't get them by then then I won't be able to get them. Ever. I explained them the situation, Jake told me he understood and will get them shipped ASAP.... then all this drama that has happened was happening and Bam! Nothing has changed. He told me the IEMs have shipped on 7th April. Contrary to which Bob told me they shipped on 3rd April so either one or both have sever miscommunication or are blatantly spilling random numbers to retain customers, so they can't ask for refund. So as it is evident right now there is a serious communication crisis plus mistrust epidemic spreading so fast I might have to forget the dream of having the IEMs and better try to get my money back.

Apr 24, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #15,495 of 24,683
From Bob's post shortly after the update:

"Being realistic it will take me around 3-4 weeks to finish the final ones. It maybe less time than that but better to make it longer. Don't want to repeat the same mistake. PM6 and Hunter had shipped, just not all of them."

This was posted 3 weeks ago today... I guess it's the good old "next week" again.

Still very interesting, that the 3-4 weeks he's referring to is to finish the last 290 pieces of Hunters and PM6s. Where are the other ~1700? Sorry for beating that horse again...

don't be sorry - it's a valid question. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back