TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 24, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #15,512 of 24,683

EDIT: yeah, delivery hold-ups are scheduled here for maximum hell-frustration-ambiance. I think they actually pencil-in the delays...

My shipping notification was specific for the new Master, but I also have 2 Airs and a Hunter on order so it's anyone's guess what I may find in the mailbox

I ship to my office (30-floor bldg) so USPS wont let me sign up for address-based delivery notifications 
frown.gif

I see, that's why you got a shipping notification, Master, not the others. Maybe all of it in the package if you're lucky....how lucky do you feel? Cuz I'm hoping to get my Hunter and Air in at the same time, but I'm not feeling all that lucky
tongue.gif

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #15,519 of 24,683
Just got a little excited when I saw an email from Trinity. I thought it was a shipping update for my Master. Nope, just a promo. :frowning2:

You and me both. :frowning2: Am afraid that they may have used the untracked shipping option.

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #15,520 of 24,683

The sound will probably be very different. The most obvious difference is that the Icarusiii has a 12mm dynamic driver vs the Phantom line's 7mm dynamic drivers... How will that affect the sound? We don't know yet 
biggrin.gif

Couldn't multiquote, this answer was regarding the question about differences between Atlas-Delta and Icarus III .

Is there the phone nr. to Trinity available anywhere? I thought it might be faster to cancel the order for Atlas Deltas and order Icarus III by the phone... a naïve thought, really, but probably worth a shot,
since they must be bogged down by mails by now...

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #15,521 of 24,683
  You are both right. The Atlas-Delta has gotten the worst treatment of them all. I told someone I recommended them to to cancel their order and purchase the Icarus III (at discount). I'm sure the Icarus III will get the attention it deserves given its appearance at camjam and how Bob speaks of it. I'm afraid the AD's will be obsolete by the time they even ship --- it's hard to see where they fit in the Trinity lineup, esp. with the new design that doesn't seem geared toward runners like the original Atlas. Bob responded to my original inquiries about the new design saying Trinity never claimed them to be for active use, but given the original design, sweatproofing, and previous model (not to mention the lack of a non-BT fitness IEM in their lineup) --- I have my doubts about that.

In other news, my Masters are current out for delivery. I imagine i'll be one of the first in the US to receive them. I'll post pics, impressions, etc. 

The AD's won't be obsolete.  If absolutely no changes were made to the sound signature from the DVII it will still be much better than the Sabre and the pm4.  I don't know about the master since I haven't heard it.

But BOB said he would provide tweaks to improve the sound quality in areas that were needed.

The Delta and DvII which the AD takes after are what made this company and they are the only ones so far to actually live up to the hype and more.

I have no doubt about the finished product of the AD and even the Hunter I preordered...  My problem is the equivocal statements, ever shifting promises of shipping dates and incongruencies between what's communicated and what's being received. 

If the Atlas Delta takes after the Delta and the Delta vII then it will be the best value and all around IEM in the entire trinity lineup... and BOB may be trying to keep this standard that the Delta Line up established and has maintained, but darn he needs to communicate better and stop getting himself into these messes and putting customers in this type of mess.

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #15,522 of 24,683
I received my Masters today and did NOT receive a balanced cable. Guess I will have to beg for one. Not real pleased with the lack of filter information and the thickness of the Master body. So far, I have tried the gunmetal, gold and gold damped filters but they have all had somewhat grainy highs. Hopefully, I can find a filter combo that will be well-balanced and yet offer accurate instrumental and vocal timbre.

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #15,523 of 24,683
I received my Masters today and did NOT receive a balanced cable. Guess I will have to beg for one. Not real pleased with the lack of filter information and the thickness of the Master body. So far, I have tried the gunmetal, gold and gold damped filters but they have all had somewhat grainy highs. Hopefully, I can find a filter combo that will be well-balanced and yet offer accurate instrumental and vocal timbre.

Balanced cables will be sent out later.

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #15,524 of 24,683

The AD's won't be obsolete.  If absolutely no changes were made to the sound signature from the DVII it will still be much better than the Sabre and the pm4.  I don't know about the master since I haven't heard it.

But BOB said he would provide tweaks to improve the sound quality in areas that were needed.

The Delta and DvII which the AD takes after are what made this company and they are the only ones so far to actually live up to the hype and more.

I have no doubt about the finished product of the AD and even the Hunter I preordered...  My problem is the equivocal statements, ever shifting promises of shipping dates and incongruencies between what's communicated and what's being received. 

If the Atlas Delta takes after the Delta and the Delta vII then it will be the best value and all around IEM in the entire trinity lineup... and BOB may be trying to keep this standard that the Delta Line up established and has maintained, but darn he needs to communicate better and stop getting himself into these messes and putting customers in this type of mess.

I really don't know about products of trinity, but if you saying that AD will be better then more expensive Masters, Hunters and another etc., then where is logic in prices in trinity line-products?

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #15,525 of 24,683
  I really don't know about products of trinity, but if you saying that AD will be better then more expensive Masters, Hunters and another etc., then where is logic in prices in trinity line-products?

Then you should know about Trinity products.
Delta series is the series which established Trinity. That is why most of us can't understand what they are trying to achieve by ignoring the ADs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back