TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 24, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #15,497 of 24,683
  BOO, my delivery got pushed to tomorrow. USPS is slacking.

You sure they just don't like delivering to hell Florida? Could be the reason. What order of yours are they delivering? I'm waiting on a Hunter and Air, but I haven't signed up for USPS updates so I don't know about packages destined for my address if the retailer hasn't given me a tracking number.

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #15,501 of 24,683
Just mailed Jake about the possibly cancelling the order of Atlas-Deltas and ordering the Icarus III instead, since the coupon code runs out
30th april, by midnight.

What is unclear to me is the relation of these two IEMs in terms of the sound quality; my guess is that the Icarus III should be better sounding one given that it stands higher in the product chain, but that is a vague guess, so to speak.

Would be interesting to hear some thoughts on this from the headfi members here.

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #15,502 of 24,683
Truth is tha he is not going to show up here because he will be flamed for the AIR.

Because you got yours? And they proved to be unreliable? I think you should refrain from posting judgements on items you even haven't had a chance to give a try...
You told us a couple month's back that you got to know Trinity by the Air campaign, and you got to get (if memory serves) a set of Sabre that gave you (if memory serves too) extreme satisfaction.
In the meantime, you have been posting dozens of comments based only on allegations, speculations and third person reports. You even went as far as extremely advertising for another brand's product in this very thread.
In between you have swang between fanboyism and biased criticism, nothing between those two stands.
What about you enjoy your EA Be and restrain from posting opinions on products you haven't had a chance to try for yourself.
I am, too, eagerly awaiting my M6 that I ordered last June, plus the AD, Master and Icarus 3. I have my hopes (many), my fears (a few) but will not post before I get a chance to actually try them for myself.
I've been following that thread ling enough to know most of what TAE has gone through (the violent reactions when Bob came with the idea of a volume control on the Air that would lead to a delay, the attacks for a couple weeks delay on the M4, how people have behaved - like spoilt brats - the last couple of months, ...).
I said, and I haven't changed my mind about it, that I might not think the way Bobtrinity is reacting is the best way to, but I fully understand it.
I also wrote, before I even received my M4, that I used to think HeadFi was a nice place to come to, but that I might actually have been wrong. My point of voew hasn't changed a bit in 5-6 months, on the contrary.

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #15,503 of 24,683
  You sure they just don't like delivering to hell Florida? Could be the reason. What order of yours are they delivering? I'm waiting on a Hunter and Air, but I haven't signed up for USPS updates so I don't know about packages destined for my address if the retailer hasn't given me a tracking number.

EDIT: yeah, delivery hold-ups are scheduled here for maximum hell-frustration-ambiance. I think they actually pencil-in the delays...

My shipping notification was specific for the new Master, but I also have 2 Airs and a Hunter on order so it's anyone's guess what I may find in the mailbox

I ship to my office (30-floor bldg) so USPS wont let me sign up for address-based delivery notifications 
frown.gif

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #15,504 of 24,683
  Just mailed Jake about the possibly cancelling the order of Atlas-Deltas and ordering the Icarus III instead, since the coupon code runs out
30th april, by midnight.

What is unclear to me is the relation of these two IEMs in terms of the sound quality; my guess is that the Icarus III should be better sounding one given that it stands higher in the product chain, but that is a vague guess, so to speak.

Would be interesting to hear some thoughts on this from the headfi members here.

The sound will probably be very different. The most obvious difference is that the Icarusiii has a 12mm dynamic driver vs the Phantom line's 7mm dynamic drivers... How will that affect the sound? We don't know yet 
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #15,506 of 24,683
Is there anyone that still got, or had the original deltas and masters on order or allready delivered ? 
I am thinking about cancelling my deltas and ordering some masters, so a brief comparison in sound would be highly appreciated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back