TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 12, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #14,042 of 24,683
My hyperions have arrived! Gunmetal ones.

They pack a punch! When you get a good seal these have some serious bass output. The bass is full sounding going well into the lower frequencies. The highs sometimes sound not as bright as I'm used to with the VYRUS. They don't bleed into other frequencies as far as I have heard. It's definitely the trinity house sound where the mids aren't as prominent. All in all a very capable little IEM (and they are TINY!) with really good bass quantity and quality for such a little thing. For the price they're at and the discount these are absolute steals! They feel sturdy and all the usual stuff is included as we are used to from Trinity. The packaging on it's own reminds me of the way Apple wraps it's products which is a huge compliment! Way to go Trinity, way to go!

Will add photos in a bit

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #14,044 of 24,683
+1
I paid £60 with Bob's discounts for my masters and there is no way I will ever get another pair of IEMs that sound this good for the price, build quality is excellent, filters all fit well and have distinctive sound differences (not just a gimmick) and there are plenty of different tips
The only problem is if these sound this good I am wondering how good the PM6 and Hunters are going to be.
There have obviously been some shipping problems but try to be patient I know it is easy for me to say as I sit here listening to my favorite tracks while I change the filters on my masters for about the tenth time in the last hour but I am still waiting for my Atlas Deltas to be shipped.

Those Airs look good I wish I had bought those as well lol
have you tried the other colours with the black foams in them such as blue filters etc? What differences do they make??

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #14,045 of 24,683
Can i ask to stop talking of the hyperions??
The last thing I want to to feel the urge to buy yet another IEM while i wait!!!

:)

Its like women with shoes on this site :wink:......my girlfriends favourite saying is "but you only have one pair of ears????".
Oh and she liked the masters, high praise indeed from someone who is quite happy with the ones that came with her phone :nauseated_face:...apparently there not as shouty lol if thats a technical term????? Think she means smooth and not overly bright or sibilant as others i have had her try ....so there you go masters are definitely not shouty.

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #14,046 of 24,683
WOAH Those look much better than I expected them to be... The wait has been a pain, but damn they look good.

I think the cheapest we could get it for was for 90 pounds, and they're retail price is 150 pounds.

Anyway for 150pounds they kick my a** so hard... Now i'm hurry to see how pm6 look like, especially in gunmetal.

Did you known if they use 2pin or y split for pm6 ?

Apr 12, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #14,050 of 24,683
have you tried the other colours with the black foams in them such as blue filters etc? What differences do they make??

To me the new red filters have a lot of bass, the orange have the least bass and the others range somewhere inbetween. At the moment I have settled on the green filters but I am sure this is just temporary lol I never really liked the old filters I couldn't quite get the sound I liked, the undampened filters were a little too sharp, the gold and purple just didn't have enough bass.
Maybe someone with better audiophile hearing can come along and give a better description of the way the filters change the sound or maybe someone could update the description on the trinity website Bob!
tongue.gif

Apr 12, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #14,052 of 24,683
My hyperions have arrived! Gunmetal ones.

They pack a punch! When you get a good seal these have some serious bass output. The bass is full sounding going well into the lower frequencies. The highs sometimes sound not as bright as I'm used to with the VYRUS. They don't bleed into other frequencies as far as I have heard. It's definitely the trinity house sound where the mids aren't as prominent. All in all a very capable little IEM (and they are TINY!) with really good bass quantity and quality for such a little thing. For the price they're at and the discount these are absolute steals! They feel sturdy and all the usual stuff is included as we are used to from Trinity. The packaging on it's own reminds me of the way Apple wraps it's products which is a huge compliment! Way to go Trinity, way to go!

Will add photos in a bit

As promised:

Apr 12, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #14,053 of 24,683
Hi Guys

I am going to write this update and hope that it answers where we are at currently as i would prefer to get on with building and shipping than typing 
biggrin.gif

So as many know I have been away for best part of a week due to travel/canjam etc.

When I last updated we had 290 master 6/hunter left to build and advised 3-4 weeks for them all to be built. So by the middle of next week we will have around 150 of them going out (mainly head-fi members) with the balance to follow over the following couple of weeks. 

All those that asked for a refund have been refunded in full and we have just 1 Hunter left in heat treated guise.

So with the above info please refrain if possible (I know its hard
biggrin.gif
) from sending eleventy million emails and PM's asking when yours will ship as all that does is stop us getting the work done you want us to get finished 
tongue_smile.gif

Our Guys in US now have Master and Vyrus and so they will work through them along with the Air, so hang in their for a short while for those waiting, they won't all get packed in a day and will take about a week to get everything shipped.

Thats all for now. Back to work.

Apr 12, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #14,055 of 24,683
  Hi Guys

I am going to write this update and hope that it answers where we are at currently as i would prefer to get on with building and shipping than typing 
biggrin.gif

So as many know I have been away for best part of a week due to travel/canjam etc.

When I last updated we had 290 master 6/hunter left to build and advised 3-4 weeks for them all to be built. So by the middle of next week we will have around 150 of them going out (mainly head-fi members) with the balance to follow over the following couple of weeks. 

All those that asked for a refund have been refunded in full and we have just 1 Hunter left in heat treated guise.

So with the above info please refrain if possible (I know its hard
biggrin.gif
) from sending eleventy million emails and PM's asking when yours will ship as all that does is stop us getting the work done you want us to get finished 
tongue_smile.gif

Our Guys in US now have Master and Vyrus and so they will work through them along with the Air, so hang in their for a short while for those waiting, they won't all get packed in a day and will take about a week to get everything shipped.

Thats all for now. Back to work.

what about the other 1,710 M6/hunters?  i believe there were 1,000 of each sold, correct?  where have all of those gone?  apologies if i've missed them being delivered and posted here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back