TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Apr 11, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #14,011 of 24,683
Doesn't take long for you lot to work yourselves up again does it?

Hate to sound like a broken record but do all these long speculative posts achieve anything? Thought not... well ok, they do self perpetuate the rumours and negativity I guess.

Bob popped in to say he will be back tomorrow, give the man a chance.

Apr 11, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #14,012 of 24,683
Let's wait for Bob's update tomorrow and then I'm sure there will be more questions as a result for clarification on lots of issues previously mentioned.

IMHO for the future, I would ship all IEMs above a certain value with tracking. Have transparency with their shipping methods and when something is actually sent. But, it has been a perfect storm for Trinity and I hope/suspect it will be vastly improved for the future, especially by only accepting orders once the product is ready to go.

Apr 11, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #14,014 of 24,683
Doesn't take long for you lot to work yourselves up again does it?

Hate to sound like a broken record but do all these long speculative posts achieve anything? Thought not... well ok, they do self perpetuate the rumours and negativity I guess.

Bob popped in to say he will be back tomorrow, give the man a chance.

But your post doesn't achieve anything either.

Apr 11, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #14,017 of 24,683
Will this thread reach 1k pages before all IEMs get shipped out? At this phenomenal rate of commenting.
Yes. I got the "will be dispatched" this week email so we'll see. I'm gone out of town for 2 weeks starting 4/21 so if I don't get before then they are useless to me and will sit on my porch unless shipped USPS until I return at which point I could care less about them

Apr 11, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #14,018 of 24,683
so 2 months after shipping started nothing was delivered until the last week?  sorry but i just can't believe anything was shipped prior to the day bob gave us the last update, which IMO was still vague and missing info many had been asking for. 
i may be in the minority here but i just don't see how that's possible.  even if we're genuinely not getting the runaround it sure feels like it from where i'm sitting.

Apr 12, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #14,024 of 24,683
Alright guys, nothing exciting here, but I finally got my hands on my Hyperions so here's an (extremely ghetto) pic and some initial impressions:

I'm using an Astell&Kern AK Jr. by itself to power them. 

At first, I was a little concerned. The treble sounded pretty harsh/sibilant to me, and I had a tough time getting a good fit. However, after 1) some time to burn them in (I've probably played about 5 hours worth of audio with them thus far) and 2) finding the right sized ear tips (for me, they were one of the orange ones in the foam insert in the packaging), I gotta say, I'm really impressed! 

Now granted, I am not very experienced with audiophile equipment or anything, especially not buds. I have a pair of Senn HD598s that I love, and I had a frustratingly short-lived pair of Shure SE215s (short-lived because I snapped one of the buds while trying to remove the godforsaken stock foam tips, which seemed to be glued with a mighty force from Hell). I would say that the 215s were a bit better than these, from memory, but honestly, I think it'd be hard to tell. These sound great to my ears playing electronic hip hop music - so smooth, a good amount of detail present, and what I perceive as good channel separation. Also, I know Trinity has had complaints about their cables before - the cable on these seems solid so far, and it is aesthetically pleasing as well. Furthermore, the brushed aluminum actually looks better than I expected it to in person. While I would prefer the darker, gun metal type finish, there isn't anything wrong with these, and I feel pretty sporty wearing them around.

Take my opinion for what it's worth--a grain of salt--but for 12 USD, these babies definitely exceeded my expectations. Very happy to have something to fiddle around with finally while I wait for my Deltas and Masters. :)

Apr 12, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #14,025 of 24,683
I gotta say, I'm really impressed! 

Cool! :)
Jake has assured me that my pair will be shipped out this week :wink: and I obviously hope that's true, although I'm looking at 2-3 weeks before they get to my part of the world. /Sigh.
Although I am fortunate enough to have extremely good Sony IEMs I need a more simple pair for the gym and casual podcast/audio book listening. I'm pretty confident that they will be able to handle those basic requirements.
Ordered the gun metal :grinning: so I think they look good too.
Did you get a case and all the trimmings? How fast from ordering to delivery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back