TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 29, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #3,451 of 24,683
What I found interesting was why you'd use 7mm drivers for the push-pull stuff. Because for instance the CKR-line of Audio-Technica uses 12mm drivers and judging by the shell size, limited space seemed the smallest of issues. Also, is the vectoring stuff 3D-printed? Because this seems like an great tool to have consitent tuning, across all of your IEMs.

Simple answer is because you get greater control with a 7mm than a larger driver in this configuration, we have even downsized all our drivers from our previous models.

3D printing is great but time consuming so all those internal parts are made by injection moulding .

Jun 29, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #3,452 of 24,683
Sorry for my differing opinion, but i don't think the sabres are as good value as the deltas.  Don't get me wrong, upon first listening to them i couldn't stop my self from dancing (like i did with the deltas), but i got a lot of sibilance out of them.  I couldn't listen to a few female artists and i hadn't gotten the sibilance out of them on other IEM's.  

I got treble spikes out of it, as i am sensitive to high frequencies,

With this in mind, I was able to mitigate that by putting on foam ear tips.  They pair very well with the foams.  

Personally I got fatigued by the upper mids and treble especially on the filters with the least amount of bass.  

I haven't heard this response from anyone, but this was my experience.

I would have much preferred dampened filters with these.

I'm kind of praying the master 4's are a little more balanced like the deltas.  These were either very v-shaped or dominated by upper frequencies.

I would pay 99 GBP for the deltas.   At the discounted price i got them at i definitely have the response you all do, but i wouldn't pay 125.00  GBP for them. 

I really think the deltas are still the best value if they fit in your ear comfortably.

I'm sorry that it's not praise, but it's what i truly think.

However, I must say that these are great because they offer a completely different flavor to the the trinity line up with the high trinity standards and i could see where those who are looking for a different feel and a different sound could love these.  

They just aren't my flavor for the above reasons.

if you sell i can buy pm thanks

Jun 29, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #3,453 of 24,683
Simple answer is because you get greater control with a 7mm than a larger driver in this configuration, we have even downsized all our drivers from our previous models.

3D printing is great but time consuming so all those internal parts are made by injection moulding .

Alright, thanks for replying.
This trend of downsizing does add with some of my observations. Micro-drivers are up and coming in many recent applications. I'd almost say to go even a notch further down for some of the lower end models, like the Vyrus or the Air even, just to get extra space. Maybe at 5mm?
Anyway, hope the Sabre is coming in the next day or so. I definitly want to see how the Sabre differs from my CKR9LTD.
And what your design-philosophy looks like, Bob. :wink:

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #3,454 of 24,683
Alright, thanks for replying.
This trend of downsizing does add with some of my observations. Micro-drivers are up and coming in many recent applications. I'd almost say to go even a notch further down for some of the lower end models, like the Vyrus or the Air even, just to get extra space. Maybe at 5mm?
Anyway, hope the Sabre is coming in the next day or so. I definitly want to see how the Sabre differs from my CKR9LTD.
And what your design-philosophy looks like, Bob. :wink:

I look forward to your feedback

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #3,455 of 24,683
M4 uses same drivers as delta v-ii and has been stated a couple of times in this huge thread so easily missed.

M4 is 2 x dynamic and 2 x single BA.

M6 and hunter both use 2 x sonion dual BA's in different states of tune. So m4 and hunter share absolutely nothing in common. Hunter uses a new way of tuning a ba rather than the typical damper on tube system employed by 99% of the industry and as such don't wish to reveal too much at this stage.

Another Bob comment is that the M4 is like the Delta v2 on steroids.

I have pre-ordered the M4 but must admit that all along the M6 has intriqued the heck out of me.  Sadly it is, even with the sale price, above my IEM budgetary threshold.  That said I really look forward to reading impressions of both models! 
beerchug.gif

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #3,457 of 24,683
I did see it and have been asked by many members for advice on sound signatures etc, however the rules of headfi do not allow me to answer your question.

But even if they did I would probably not answer it as I don't listen to other manufacturers gear.

All I can suggest is that you wait for independent impressions and we may extend the deadline for discount until those impressions are liveI would really appreciateI would reaññy appreciate

I would really appreciate that possibility. I would perfectly understand also if you decide to end the promo period tomorrow-today, but i really need that subjective narrations of an experience with a product called reviews. Knowing Trinity products i can trust with my eyes closed in the quality of the different creatures coming, but i need to know their signatures, virtues and vices before pulling the trigger.

Good luck, in any case, with this relevant period for your project, Bob.

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #3,458 of 24,683
  I would really appreciate that possibility. I would perfectly understand also if you decide to end the promo period tomorrow-today, but i really need that subjective narrations of an experience with a product called reviews. Knowing Trinity products i can trust with my eyes closed in the quality of the different creatures coming, but i need to know their signatures, virtues and vices before pulling the trigger.

Good luck, in any case, with this relevant period for your project, Bob.

I'm with you @xoxiax...

Jun 29, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #3,459 of 24,683
Sorry for my differing opinion, but i don't think the sabres are as good value as the deltas.  Don't get me wrong, upon first listening to them i couldn't stop my self from dancing (like i did with the deltas), but i got a lot of sibilance out of them.  I couldn't listen to a few female artists and i hadn't gotten the sibilance out of them on other IEM's.  

I got treble spikes out of it, as i am sensitive to high frequencies,

With this in mind, I was able to mitigate that by putting on foam ear tips.  They pair very well with the foams.  

Personally I got fatigued by the upper mids and treble especially on the filters with the least amount of bass.  

I haven't heard this response from anyone, but this was my experience.

I would have much preferred dampened filters with these.

I'm kind of praying the master 4's are a little more balanced like the deltas.  These were either very v-shaped or dominated by upper frequencies.

I would pay 99 GBP for the deltas.   At the discounted price i got them at i definitely have the response you all do, but i wouldn't pay 125.00  GBP for them. 

I really think the deltas are still the best value if they fit in your ear comfortably.

I'm sorry that it's not praise, but it's what i truly think.

However, I must say that these are great because they offer a completely different flavor to the the trinity line up with the high trinity standards and i could see where those who are looking for a different feel and a different sound could love these.  

They just aren't my flavor for the above reasons.

This is interesting because I'm having a completely different experience. I use the included foam tops as well and haven't been able to find any sibilance at all. Also, with all my other headphones I normally feel fatigue after a while, but with the Sabre not only do I not, but it seems as though I can listen at higher volumes as well. I'm using the purple filters by the way.

Jun 29, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #3,460 of 24,683
That's the joys of this business is that everyone's ears are so different. The 4's will have damped filters.

The vast majority of folks reports back to me have been immensely positive and enjoying them more than Delta, but that's the great thing about our range we typically have something for everyone.

We will add delta style filters to sabre at a later date.

As always we offer a money back guarantee if you feel the need to use it.

What i do think you did a great job with (and this is with the foam tips cuz its almost like they are made for eachother) and not that my word means that much, is creating a product that hits the other side of the spectrum without breaching the outskirts.  You can go to your website now and really get a variety of sound.

But I am still worried about the master 4's.  but if you got the dampened,.. then i'm good.  As long as you throw some damped in there I'm good

If you had the dampened on the sabres that would be a different story
cool.gif
..  then...  then i think you got that 125.00 GBP mark and even higher.  Then you got a whole new animal there.

I did.  On to Mobile, AL.  Ain't given up.  I got the vyrus on the way i am abslolutely confident in and the the master 4 that i am now confident in that you have damped it up.

You like it vivid.  Your vivid is bright sometimes.

Jun 29, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #3,461 of 24,683
This is interesting because I'm having a completely different experience. I use the included foam tops as well and haven't been able to find any sibilance at all. Also, with all my other headphones I normally feel fatigue after a while, but with the Sabre not only do I not, but it seems as though I can listen at higher volumes as well. I'm using the purple filters by the way.

I got the sibilance with the silicone, and without on the foams.  Well it was still very punctuated on the S's for me after the foam.  I prefer silicone, but it marries well with the foams.

Reminds me of this budget pair of soundmagic e80's, They had sibilance with silicone, but once you put the foams on the sibilance was mollified.

Jun 29, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #3,462 of 24,683

I got the sibilance with the silicone, and without on the foams.  Well it was still very punctuated on the S's for me after the foam.  I prefer silicone, but it marries well with the foams.

Reminds me of this budget pair of soundmagic e80's, They had sibilance with silicone, but once you put the foams on the sibilance was mollified.

I want to preface this with I am a novice but I thought @Brooko said Sibilance had to due with the recording, if it there you will hear it and some IEMS can't make it seem more prominent.  The IEM does not "create" sibilance.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

So basically I thought it was the song/recording not the headset.

Jun 29, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #3,463 of 24,683

Sensitivity to different parts of the frequency range. Sibilants are found from around 5KHz up to around 8-9KHz, I think. I'm more sensitive to the lower range where the Sabre is peaked, although it is reasonably comfortably within my threshold for fatigue. It seems it is not for Indigo Bob so it makes sense that they prefer the Delta sound where the 5K peak is more in balance with the 2-3K range (and to be honest, I slightly prefer that balance too although I can't say I don't enjoy the Sabre for what it is, so far). 

I want to preface this with I am a novice but I thought @Brooko said Sibilance had to due with the recording, if it there you will hear it and some IEMS can't make it seem more prominent.  The IEM does not "create" sibilance.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

So basically I thought it was the song/recording not the headset.

This is true, and its one of the many, many ways of describing things on this site that is often not fully clear. An IEM does not create the sibilance from nothing, it can reduce, accentuate, or accurately portray sibilance when present. But when combined with what I said above, it can make for conflicting impressions of whether an IEM seems sibilant or not. 

Jun 29, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #3,464 of 24,683
Sibilance is the over presence of a certain range of frequencies, this can be from the recording, but of course it can also be from the iem frequency response. So yes, an iem can create sibilance, but usually it is the combination of the recording plus iem's frequency response which creates sibilance that is overly unpleasing.

If you've owned Sony XBA-3 or EX1000 you will know that an iem can create sibilance all on it's own.

Jun 29, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #3,465 of 24,683

This is true, and its one of the many, many ways of describing things on this site that is often not fully clear. An IEM does not create the sibilance from nothing, it can reduce, accentuate, or accurately portray sibilance when present. But when combined with what I said above, it can make for conflicting impressions of whether an IEM seems sibilant or not. 

oops I had a typo.  "some IEMS can't make it seem more prominent"...I meant some can make it worse if its there. Sorry

I think your bold statement is the key!  Thank you

​I think the Master 6 sounds awesome but I wonder if its tendency will be to accentuate the higher frequencies(which can cause ME fatigue ) and accentuate siblance.  This is one of the things that has held me back from the Master 6 and why I ordered the Master 4....BUT.....

Bob said the Master 6 was awesome(more refined and better details and soundstage !)...seeing that makes me want them....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back