TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 29, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #3,466 of 24,683

oops I had a typo.  "some IEMS can't make it seem more prominent"...I meant some can make it worse if its there. Sorry

I think your bold statement is the key!  Thank you

​I think the Master 6 sounds awesome but I wonder if its tendency will be to accentuate the higher frequencies(which can cause ME fatigue ) and accentuate siblance.  This is one of the things that has held me back from the Master 6 and why I ordered the Master 4....BUT.....

Bob said the Master 6 was awesome(more refined and better details and soundstage !)...seeing that makes me want them....

Depends where your sensitivity is. It seems pretty rare for IEMs to boost all the treble frequencies with wild abandon, usually they peak in a few places and that may or may not bother you specifically.
If the M4 is like the Delta then yeah, it is probably the safe choice. Brookos graph of the M6 prototype shows a peak at 6KHz which I would be wary of for my own tolerance, although even with Brookos graphs being lower than the should be from 4 or 5 KHz onwards, it doesn't look way out of balance. It avoids 8K which is where a lot of people are bothered by sibilance. Of course its just the prototype, and the filters have been changed since then.

Jun 29, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #3,467 of 24,683
  Sorry for my differing opinion, but i don't think the sabres are as good value as the deltas.  Don't get me wrong, upon first listening to them i couldn't stop my self from dancing (like i did with the deltas), but i got a lot of sibilance out of them.  I couldn't listen to a few female artists and i hadn't gotten the sibilance out of them on other IEM's.  

I got treble spikes out of it, as i am sensitive to high frequencies,

With this in mind, I was able to mitigate that by putting on foam ear tips.  They pair very well with the foams.  

Personally I got fatigued by the upper mids and treble especially on the filters with the least amount of bass.  

I haven't heard this response from anyone, but this was my experience.

I would have much preferred dampened filters with these.

I'm kind of praying the master 4's are a little more balanced like the deltas.  These were either very v-shaped or dominated by upper frequencies.

I would pay 99 GBP for the deltas.   At the discounted price i got them at i definitely have the response you all do, but i wouldn't pay 125.00  GBP for them. 

I really think the deltas are still the best value if they fit in your ear comfortably.

I'm sorry that it's not praise, but it's what i truly think.

However, I must say that these are great because they offer a completely different flavor to the the trinity line up with the high trinity standards and i could see where those who are looking for a different feel and a different sound could love these.  

They just aren't my flavor for the above reasons.

Well after some careful thinking, i have to say I agree. I'm sensible to treble too but the problem for me it's not sibilance, it's the tonality. I'm much happier with the deltas than with these. The vivid treble is not my cup of tea, i feel some of the music doesn't feel right on my ear, but my tastes differ from many.
They're pretty detailed and full of resolution though, don't get me wrong, they're an astonishing piece of audio engineering 
smily_headphones1.gif

But since i have the deltas, i feel they will always be chosen over the sabres. Just an honest opinion. I hope everyone enjoys the sound of their sabres.

Jun 29, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #3,468 of 24,683
  Sibilance is the over presence of a certain range of frequencies, this can be from the recording, but of course it can also be from the iem frequency response. So yes, an iem can create sibilance, but usually it is the combination of the recording plus iem's frequency response which creates sibilance that is overly unpleasing.

If you've owned Sony XBA-3 or EX1000 you will know that an iem can create sibilance all on it's own.

Not quite.  For sibilance to be manifested it must exist in the recording.  If it doesn't exist in the recording you can tweak a frequency as high or low as you like - it won't create sibilance.

An IEM can reveal, enhance or mask sibilance.  It can't create it.

So IEMs in themselves cannot be described as sibilant.

Jun 30, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #3,469 of 24,683
^ Well a peaky iem sounds close enough to me, and it is the same issue, that it is unpleasant on the ears. I'm no expert on sibilance, I don't encounter recording based sibilance often at all, if anything I usually have issue with the iem frequency response.

Jun 30, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #3,470 of 24,683
@Bobtrinity master 6 or hunter for vocals tracks? I ordered PM4 already. Now unsure 6 or Hunter :dizzy_face:

Glad to see you here.
I get M6 you get Hunter. If we don't like what we hear let's trade. LOL

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #3,473 of 24,683
If i was to order the hunter, would I have a return policy for so many days after I receive them? At that price I would need to be 100% happy with them

From trinity website:

14 Day satisfaction guarantee
You know you’re in safe hands with TRINITY, our products have a 14 day money back guarantee. If you change your mind, just return it unused, in its original condition with your receipt and we’ll either exchange it or give you a full refund. We are sorry if your item is damaged or faulty, please contact enquiry@trinityaudioengineering.com and a member of the team will be happy to get you up and running again in the shortest time possible. We cannot issue full refunds if the product is not returned in its original condition or with parts/accessories missing.

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #3,474 of 24,683
The keywords are 'unused, in its original condition'. So I assume once opened it is deem used and this guarantee no longer applies?

For used and return within specified period if policy in place, they usually charge restocking fee. Not sure Trinity offering such.

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #3,475 of 24,683

Glad to see you here.
I get M6 you get Hunter. If we don't like what we hear let's trade. LOL

thing is im unsure of the incremental upgrade in sonic performance haha
1 hunter can get you 1 pm4 1 pm6

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #3,476 of 24,683
The keywords are 'unused, in its original condition'. So I assume once opened it is deem used and this guarantee no longer applies?

For used and return within specified period if policy in place, they usually charge restocking fee. Not sure Trinity offering such.

Someone mentioned they didn't care for the sound signature of the Sabre and @Bobtrinity told them they could return them under the 14 Day Satisfaction Guarantee.  I'm sure they will honor returns as long as everything is returned in like new condition.  

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #3,478 of 24,683
From trinity website:

[COLOR=9C9898]14 Day satisfaction guarantee[/COLOR]
[COLOR=9C9898]You know you’re in safe hands with TRINITY, our products have a 14 day money back guarantee. If you change your mind, just return it unused, in its original condition with your receipt and we’ll either exchange it or give you a full refund. We are sorry if your item is damaged or faulty, please contact enquiry@trinityaudioengineering.com and a member of the team will be happy to get you up and running again in the shortest time possible. We cannot issue full refunds if the product is not returned in its original condition or with parts/accessories missing.[/COLOR]
hmmm "unused". I would never buy a product with the intention of just trying it, especially at that kind of price. Iem/headphones are a tricky product due to the nature of how each individuals hearing gels with the product.

I only asked due to the fact that when I ordered my other IEM's I had a satisfaction guarantee where they could be returned if they werent for me. They sound fantastic and I knew instantly they weren't going anywhere apart from my ears lol.

It's a hassle to resell something at that kind of price etc if they happen to be not to your liking. I cant imagine not liking them, suppose its just piece of mind, but it was the carrot on my other IEM's that gave me 100% confidence in taking the calculated risk of ordering.

From the bits of info out so far I imagine the hunter will be superb and the fact its very tunable for a custom sound sig... hmmm

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #3,479 of 24,683
hmmm "unused". I would never buy a product with the intention of just trying it, especially at that kind of price. Iem/headphones are a tricky product due to the nature of how each individuals hearing gels with the product.

I only asked due to the fact that when I ordered my other IEM's I had a satisfaction guarantee where they could be returned if they werent for me. They sound fantastic and I knew instantly they weren't going anywhere apart from my ears lol.

It's a hassle to resell something at that kind of price etc if they happen to be not to your liking. I cant imagine not liking them, suppose its just piece of mind, but it was the carrot on my other IEM's that gave me 100% confidence in taking the calculated risk of ordering.

From the bits of info out so far I imagine the hunter will be superb and the fact its very tunable for a custom sound sig... hmmm

Here's the post where he tells the person to use the money back guarantee.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/3405#post_12687608

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #3,480 of 24,683
  Here's the post where he tells the person to use the money back guarantee.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/796729/trinity-phantom-series-new-thread-worlds-first-push-pull-hybrid-iem/3405#post_12687608

this policy has it pros for consumers and cons for manufacturer. hope no one abuses it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back