TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 29, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #3,436 of 24,683
Just curious: how come the pm6 drivers are reveaveled whilst the rest of the range are secret (Sonion 33AJ007i/9 and 26-E25WT). Surely a tear down will reveal all after launch anyway?

If some saddo wants to tear down its their choice (they will be ruined after), but it's how we implement we protect. The hunter uses sonion drivers too but tuning is done differently.

Jun 29, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #3,437 of 24,683
If some saddo wants to tear down its their choice (they will be ruined after), but it's how we implement we protect. The hunter uses sonion drivers too but tuning is done differently.

Bobtrinity, did you see my Q a page back?  Pre-order time is running out so I'd appreciate your advice.

Jun 29, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #3,438 of 24,683
Bobtrinity, did you see my Q a page back?  Pre-order time is running out so I'd appreciate your advice.

I did see it and have been asked by many members for advice on sound signatures etc, however the rules of headfi do not allow me to answer your question.

But even if they did I would probably not answer it as I don't listen to other manufacturers gear.

All I can suggest is that you wait for independent impressions and we may extend the deadline for discount until those impressions are live.

Jun 29, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #3,439 of 24,683
Just curious: how come the pm6 drivers are reveaveled whilst the rest of the range are secret (Sonion 33AJ007i/9 and 26-E25WT). Surely a tear down will reveal all after launch anyway?

You know, only revealing M6 drivers kinda prompts suspicion that M4 and Hunter share some BA drivers, seeing as they both consist of single driver BA's it could be possible that the 2 BA's in M4 are also present in the Hunter, plus an additional 2 to make it's total of 4. It doesn't make sense that you would reveal M6 drivers but not M4, hence above theory. It wouldn't really bother me if M4 and Hunter were sharing drivers. Anyway, you might as well tell us if my theory is accurate or if M4 and Hunter have completely different drivers 
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #3,440 of 24,683

You know, only revealing M6 drivers kinda prompts suspicion that M4 and Hunter share some BA drivers, seeing as they both consist of single driver BA's it could be possible that the 2 BA's in M4 are also present in the Hunter, plus an additional 2 to make it's total of 4. It doesn't make sense that you would reveal M6 drivers but not M4, hence above theory. It wouldn't really bother me if M4 and Hunter were sharing drivers. Anyway, you might as well tell us if my theory is accurate or if M4 and Hunter have completely different drivers 
biggrin.gif

Well he hasn't said the specific model number, but he did say now a couple posts up that the Hunter also uses Sonion drivers.

Jun 29, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #3,441 of 24,683
You know, only revealing M6 drivers kinda prompts suspicion that M4 and Hunter share some BA drivers, seeing as they both consist of single driver BA's it could be possible that the 2 BA's in M4 are also present in the Hunter, plus an additional 2 to make it's total of 4. It doesn't make sense that you would reveal M6 drivers but not M4, hence above theory. It wouldn't really bother me if M4 and Hunter were sharing drivers. Anyway, you might as well tell us if my theory is accurate or if M4 and Hunter have completely different drivers :D  

M4 uses same drivers as delta v-ii and has been stated a couple of times in this huge thread so easily missed.

M4 is 2 x dynamic and 2 x single BA.

M6 and hunter both use 2 x sonion dual BA's in different states of tune. So m4 and hunter share absolutely nothing in common. Hunter uses a new way of tuning a ba rather than the typical damper on tube system employed by 99% of the industry and as such don't wish to reveal too much at this stage.

Jun 29, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #3,442 of 24,683
M4 uses same drivers as delta v-ii and has been stated a couple of times in this huge thread so easily missed.

M4 is 2 x dynamic and 2 x single BA.

M6 and hunter both use 2 x sonion dual BA's in different states of tune. So m4 and hunter share absolutely nothing in common. Hunter uses a new way of tuning a ba rather than the typical damper on tube system employed by 99% of the industry and as such don't wish to reveal too much at this stage.

I presume that this new tuning method is the Vector-Chambering you mentioned? Maybe add some of the specs-info to Page 1, so that nobody asks the same questions over and over again.

Jun 29, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #3,443 of 24,683

Cool, yeah I was asking about the Hunter's "vectoring" system earlier, really curious as to how it works.

Jun 29, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #3,446 of 24,683
I did see it and have been asked by many members for advice on sound signatures etc, however the rules of headfi do not allow me to answer your question.

But even if they did I would probably not answer it as I don't listen to other manufacturers gear.

All I can suggest is that you wait for independent impressions and we may extend the deadline for discount until those impressions are live.

I didn't know that about head-fi rules.  Let me rephrase, are the M4 suited to a neutral/flat-ish presentation with the right filter?  Or should I be looking at another model?

Jun 29, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #3,448 of 24,683
Cool, yeah I was asking about the Hunter's "vectoring" system earlier, really curious as to how it works.

I remember one 3D-Modell being posted on the main trinity page. Dunno if it was for the Master-series though:
Did you see the UERR from UE? They use something similar, where they stuff the BAs into a system of individual chambers, acting as a natural extention for the BAs.
The biggest factor in tuning, atleast in my experience, is tubing size and length and the usage of filters. (Or sometimes closing off ports or whatnot)
On that model, I noticed one particular thing: The BAs weren't blasting directly into the nozzle, but were redirected, similar to a loop-system.
Something which is critical for tuning is phase-coherence: For instance the japanese company Ocharaku uses this out-of-shell looping system in their higher-end models. A dual DD, one blasting straight into the nozzle of the shell and the other is being blasted backwards, into a either 28 or 30mm tube.

This is just speculation on my part, but I bet this is something similar. Bob obviously won't confirm any of that. But maybe look at some of the examples to get a good idea of what this Vector-Chambering might be. :)

Jun 29, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #3,449 of 24,683
I remember one 3D-Modell being posted on the main trinity page. Dunno if it was for the Master-series though:
Did you see the UERR from UE? They use something similar, where they stuff the BAs into a system of individual chambers, acting as a natural extention for the BAs.
The biggest factor in tuning, atleast in my experience, is tubing size and length and the usage of filters. (Or sometimes closing off ports or whatnot)
On that model, I noticed one particular thing: The BAs weren't blasting directly into the nozzle, but were redirected, similar to a loop-system.
Something which is critical for tuning is phase-coherence: For instance the japanese company Ocharaku uses this out-of-shell looping system in their higher-end models. A dual DD, one blasting straight into the nozzle of the shell and the other is being blasted backwards, into a either 28 or 30mm tube.

This is just speculation on my part, but I bet this is something similar. Bob obviously won't confirm any of that. But maybe look at some of the examples to get a good idea of what this Vector-Chambering might be. :)

Your along the right lines yes, it's complicated and a complete pain to tune right but once done it's beautiful.

Jun 29, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #3,450 of 24,683
Your along the right lines yes, it's complicated and a complete pain to tune right but once done it's beautiful.

What I found interesting was why you'd use 7mm drivers for the push-pull stuff. Because for instance the CKR-line of Audio-Technica uses 12mm drivers and judging by the shell size, limited space seemed the smallest of issues. Also, is the vectoring stuff 3D-printed? Because this seems like an great tool to have for consistent tuning, across all of your IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back