TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 29, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #3,421 of 24,683
Sound is different between hunter and m6 so not so easy to compare in that way.

Fair enough. Just an update on the Atlas. The curved edges often end up hitting against my ear, which causes some pain over time. Also one of the earpieces split apart at the seams when i was pulling it out of my ear one day. I'm holding it together with tape for now and the wires haven't been damaged. I'm just hoping the Phantom 6 doesn't have that feature. 

Construction and comfort aside, the sound on these things still continue to amaze me. I prefer listening to these over some similarly priced full sized headphones. In one word, the intensity of these is absolutely amazing and punches way above what i paid for it at the kickstarter discount.

I can't even imagine how the Master 6 can sound that much better. I'm just also hoping the newer products will be a little more comfortable and not as prone to being split apart haha.

Keep up the good work!

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #3,424 of 24,683
That's the joys of this business is that everyone's ears are so different. The 4's will have damped filters.

The vast majority of folks reports back to me have been immensely positive and enjoying them (Sabres) more than Delta, but that's the great thing about our range we typically have something for everyone.

Great to hear about the damped and undamped (if I understand you correctly) being provided with the Master 4 to give the widest tuning flexibility.  Really looking forward to having my set in hand!

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #3,425 of 24,683
Fair enough. Just an update on the Atlas. The curved edges often end up hitting against my ear, which causes some pain over time. Also one of the earpieces split apart at the seams when i was pulling it out of my ear one day. I'm holding it together with tape for now and the wires haven't been damaged. I'm just hoping the Phantom 6 doesn't have that feature. 

Construction and comfort aside, the sound on these things still continue to amaze me. I prefer listening to these over some similarly priced full sized headphones. In one word, the intensity of these is absolutely amazing and punches way above what i paid for it at the kickstarter discount.

I can't even imagine how the Master 6 can sound that much better. I'm just also hoping the newer products will be a little more comfortable and not as prone to being split apart haha.

Keep up the good work!

The delta v1 have been solid as a tank for me over the past few years of constant use. They still look as good as new, not so much as a scratch or even faded logo on them. The Sabres seem to be up to (or possibly exceeding) the equally impressive standard so I think your worries are unfounded. I never owned an atlas but I expect your experience was unusual. Maybe if Bob takes pity on you he will accept your broken atlas as a trade in for a new set (unless it broke within the first year in which case you should get a free replacement).

Jun 29, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #3,427 of 24,683
Totally different tuning. The master 6 uses sonion armature's and dual armature's format and also employ accupass tech for one bank.

Basically refinement goes up compared to m4 and so does detail and soundstage.

Dang it. I ordered the Master 4. Now I'm thinking I should change the Master 6. Ugh. I thought I made the decision. Crap. Idk what to do. Hate to order, cancel and order.
I like a child who can't make up his mind!
I still what the Phantom Air.

I'm messed up.

Jun 29, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #3,428 of 24,683
Dang it. I ordered the Master 4. Now I'm thinking I should change the Master 6. Ugh. I thought I made the decision. Crap. Idk what to do. Hate to order, cancel and order.
I like a child who can't make up his mind!
I still what the Phantom Air.

I'm messed up.

I originally had pm4 ordered and cancelled for pm6. Then I reordered pm4 as it was being shipped earlier. Cancelling process is trivial as you would expect from Bob.

Jun 29, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #3,429 of 24,683
@Bobtrinity, I'm considering the M4.  What I really want is a refined, resolving bass and treble extended (in a neutral way) IEM with a ballpark Senn HD600 voicing, and without significant high-freq rolloff.  These will mainly be used as stage IEMs, so (ballpark) matching the HD600 sig is useful as they're my reference cans.  I could get there with custom EQ as long as the IEMs have the detail and resolution, but I'd prefer not to (eg. my DAP the Pono doesn't have EQ).

Can I get this with the M4 and filters, or is there a better match?  The M4 is the right price point for me (I'm UK based), but if it can't be done I'll wait a while.

Jun 29, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #3,430 of 24,683
Totally different tuning. The master 6 uses sonion armature's and dual armature's format and also employ accupass tech for one bank.

Basically refinement goes up compared to m4 and so does detail and soundstage.

Are you in a position to tell us which exact models of drivers you have chosen for each of the phantom range or is this considered trade secrets?

Jun 29, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #3,432 of 24,683

Are you in a position to tell us which exact models of drivers you have chosen for each of the phantom range or is this considered trade secrets?

We disclosed the 6's some way back in the thread, the Hunter we are keeping to ourselves.

How about the Master 4?  Just this old man being curious!  LOL

And again did I read you correctly?  The Master 4 & 6 will have not only short and long filters for fitment optimization, but damped and undamped filters for maximum tuning flexibility?

Jun 29, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #3,433 of 24,683

And again did I read you correctly?  The Master 4 & 6 will have not only short and long filters for fitment optimization, but damped and undamped filters for maximum tuning flexibility?

Hi Bob

The armature's in the Delta and the master 4 is info we keep to ourselves.

And yes you read correctly about the filters :)

Jun 29, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #3,434 of 24,683

Hi Bob

The armature's in the Delta and the master 4 is info we keep to ourselves.

And yes you read correctly about the filters
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks Bob.  Appreciate the clarification and quick response! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back