TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 24, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #3,136 of 24,683
Hi all!
It strikes me that we should be able to get a limited initial insight into the sound signatures of the Master 4 and Master 6 by listening to the feedback from the new Sabre owners (and forthcoming reviews).

The website says that the Sabres utilise twin titanium drivers in a push pull configuration for immense detail and smoothness along with reduced distortion (quote/unquote lol).

The Master 4 offers the same, plus "with added sparkle and midrange from the two single balanced armatures" (in each ear).]

The Master 6 offers the same as the Sabre, plus "dual balanced armatures provide extra sparkle, detail and precision... by utilising one dual driver woofer armature for low frequencies and lower midrange and the other dual driver armature for the rest of the midrange and high frequencies".

This is just speculation on my part, and of course there may be other factors that I haven't realised or taken into consideration.

But a very simplistic summary could be:
M4 = Sabre's sound + more refined/accurate/prominent mid-range and treble.
M6 = Sabre's sound + more refined/accurate/prominent bass, mid-range and treble.

I'm highly into detail and clarity and great mids and treble, but I do like (on some genres of music) to up the bass a little.
Had my mind set on M4 (especially with all the discounts), but a bit disappointed as it sounds from this like the M6 would be more in tune (pun intended) with my preferences soundwise!
Unfortunately, I can't afford the M6.
One consoling factor, is that assuming Mr Bob Trinity does put the 7 filter system from the Delta V2, then I'm still going to be able to customise the sound and find one that's hopefully perfect for me. Indeed, perhaps to have 1 - 3 different filters that I will have found sound best with different genres.
I can't emphasise enough what a massive selling point this is for me, and I'm sure many others.
I haven't heard any of the Trinity IEM's yet, but I'm pretty much sold already. I have huge respect for your consultative design process, flexibility, innovation, dilligence and craftsmanship.
I take my hat off to you Bob. When I finally buy and listen to whichever one I get, I suspect I'm going to need to buy more hats!
beyersmile.png

Jun 24, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #3,139 of 24,683

Things may have changed since, but in an email to me Bob said that the Sabre has more forward mids and a more intimate soundstage compared to the M4. He also said that the Sabre has a bit more clarity and the M4 is a bit richer.

Didn't say anything about the M6 at the time, though.

As I said, this information could have changed by now as I believe Bob is often tweaking the sound on his IEMs before they're released.

From what Bob has said to me, I feel as though the Sabre and M4 will have their own characteristics but with neither necessarily being outright better, whereas the M6 will be the step up (which I can't actually imagine, as the Sabres really sound incredible.)

Jun 24, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #3,140 of 24,683
  Hi all!
It strikes me that we should be able to get a limited initial insight into the sound signatures of the Master 4 and Master 6 by listening to the feedback from the new Sabre owners (and forthcoming reviews).

I will say that from experience of several different brands, I've always found that Dual BA drivers are usually smoother sounding than Single BA drivers. Dual doesn't necessarily mean better though, it's not as simple as Dual vs Single, as BA's come in different sizes, a large single BA will out perform a small Dual BA, in wide-band response and headroom, but if only using the small Dual BA to reproduce a very specific part of the iem's overall frequency response then it could be better than the large single BA. When it comes to BA bass it would be better to use a large single BA than the same size dual BA (aka each BA half the size), as for bass, driver size trumps the benefit of dual BA, although that again is subjective to my tastes. In the end it has to do with personal preference of the sound. Dual BA can be technically more proficient than equivalent single BA, smoother, more headroom aka lower distorion, are the key differences, the main take away is they just sound different imo. For example I actually prefer the Westone W30 Triple Single BA, over the Westone W60 Triple Dual BA. The W60 is too smooth for me, I like the edgier sound the W30 has. 

Jun 24, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #3,141 of 24,683
Things may have changed since, but in an email to me Bob said that the Sabre has more forward mids and a more intimate soundstage compared to the M4. He also said that the Sabre has a bit more clarity and the M4 is a bit richer.

Didn't say anything about the M6 at the time, though.

As I said, this information could have changed by now as I believe Bob is often tweaking the sound on his IEMs before they're released.

From what Bob has said to me, I feel as though the Sabre and M4 will have their own characteristics but with neither necessarily being outright better, whereas the M6 will be the step up (which I can't actually imagine, as the Sabres really sound incredible.)

Sabre will have more clarity than M4? Seems counterintuitive if you have more drivers that emphasize an audio frequency.
I saw the dual dynamic driver being more bass oriented and the 2 BA for mids and highs on the M4. Clearly my knowledge is so small that my perception on how a sound signatures are created with different drivers is not good.
I was really hoping to have a nicely defined bass with good mids and highs and excellent soundstage. So I have no idea if my expectations are just too far off from reality
I do know my understanding of each component to a soundstage/sound signature is very much as a novice with a lot of ignorance.
What I think I want in my mind maybe too ideal and not reality. That's the problem with expectations and ignorance

Jun 24, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #3,142 of 24,683
I have no idea what to buy. Master 4 or 6? My expectations likely not reality and then there is the wallet. I want Phantom Air too

I understand Bob may not be able to release this information but having a little better idea of how the saber, Master four, Master six I'll compare and their sound signatures in a general way would be nice help. In line in line when I heard the master for was a delta V2 on steroids given the outstanding reviews on how excellent the sound signature was I thought for sure it was the proper choice

Jun 24, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #3,143 of 24,683
Things are always my fault, I've been married long enough to know things are always my fault :wink: :D

Guilt is just part of the territory:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: yes your honor:open_mouth::beers:

Jun 24, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #3,144 of 24,683
uhm... my two cents...
I believe the currency rate you see online at a certain moment isn't the one used to charge your credit card when you buy in another currency. Almost sure that some cards use the end of day currency rates, so in a day like today it can be quite different from the one you saw online when you placed the order.
If that's the case, you won't know how much you really paid until you see it in the card statement (trick for some: check card available balance before and after the purchase; doesn't work for everyone).
GBP/USD huge drop.EUR/GBP has moved a lot  in favor of EUR... so far. So Trinity IEMs became cheaper overnight for non-british folks (me
wink_face.gif
) if you buy them in GBP but wait for your card statement to know how much

sorry for the long post 
eek.gif

Jun 24, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #3,145 of 24,683
  uhm... my two cents...
I believe the currency rate you see online at a certain isn't the one used to charge your credit card when you buy in another currency. Almost sure that some cards use the end of day currency rates, so in a day like today it can be quite different from the one you saw online when you placed the order.
If that's the case, you won't know how much you really paid until you see it in the card statement (trick for some: check card available balance before and after the purchase; doesn't work for everyone).
GBP/USD huge drop.EUR/GBP has moved a lot  in favor of EUR... so far. So Trinity IEMs became cheaper overnight for non-british folks (me
wink_face.gif
) if you buy them in GBP but wait for your card statement to know how much

sorry for the long post 
eek.gif

So true...if only my Sabres would arrive in Germany to give it a try before I decide to go for the Master 6. But I guess when they finally arrive the EUR/GBP ratio will be normal again...

Jun 24, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #3,147 of 24,683
  Hi all!

The website says that the Sabres utilise twin titanium drivers in a push pull configuration for immense detail and smoothness along with reduced distortion (quote/unquote lol).

The Master 4 offers the same, plus "with added sparkle and midrange from the two single balanced armatures" (in each ear).]

The Master 6 offers the same as the Sabre, plus "dual balanced armatures provide extra sparkle, detail and precision... by utilising one dual driver woofer armature for low frequencies and lower midrange and the other dual driver armature for the rest of the midrange and high frequencies".

This is just speculation on my part, and of course there may be other factors that I haven't realised or taken into consideration.

But a very simplistic summary could be:
M4 = Sabre's sound + more refined/accurate/prominent mid-range and treble.
M6 = Sabre's sound + more refined/accurate/prominent bass, mid-range and treble.

I'm highly into detail and clarity and great mids and treble, but I do like (on some genres of music) to up the bass a little.
Had my mind set on M4 (especially with all the discounts), but a bit disappointed as it sounds from this like the M6 would be more in tune (pun intended) with my preferences soundwise!
Unfortunately, I can't afford the M6.
One consoling factor, is that assuming Mr Bob Trinity does put the 7 filter system from the Delta V2, then I'm still going to be able to customise the sound and find one that's hopefully perfect for me. Indeed, perhaps to have 1 - 3 different filters that I will have found sound best with different genres.
I can't emphasise enough what a massive selling point this is for me, and I'm sure many others.
I haven't heard any of the Trinity IEM's yet, but I'm pretty much sold already. I have huge respect for your consultative design process, flexibility, innovation, dilligence and craftsmanship.
I take my hat off to you Bob. When I finally buy and listen to whichever one I get, I suspect I'm going to need to buy more hats!
beyersmile.png

I am getting the impression the these will punch way above their price, especially the discounted pre-order price.  I have been looking for an upgrade recently, and I saw some outstanding reviews on some Chinese IEMs.  I also saw some QC issues that made me hesitate.  Then along comes the Trinity thread with the promise of a few new IEMs coming up for pre-order very soon.  After just a little reading, I decided that Trinity was the way to go, not only because you are getting high quality products, but because of Bob himself.  I can tell he takes great pride and pleasure in creating great products.  My wallet hates you, but I'm sure that I will be using my Master 6 for a very long time.  I haven't been this excited for a new product in a while.  I really hope this is more Captain America: Civil War and not Batman V. Superman.

After reading reviews on the Sabre, I can only imagine how far above it's price class the Master 6 will sound.  If only I could afford the Hunter.  I think that I have gushed on these products enough, and I haven't even listened to any of them yet.

Jun 24, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #3,149 of 24,683
this may be a dumb question, but anyone can help me with the reward program? i looked everywhere on the website, i can't see where to sign up for it. thanks

You have to sign into your account in order to see it. If you don't have an account with Trinity Audio, you will need to do so in order to participate in the rewards program.

Jun 24, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #3,150 of 24,683
this may be a dumb question, but anyone can help me with the reward program? i looked everywhere on the website, i can't see where to sign up for it. thanks

You have to sign into your Trinity account in order to see it. If you don't have an account with Trinity Audio, you will need to do so in order to participate in the rewards program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back