TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 24, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #3,167 of 24,683
  You've got a better shot now with the exchange rate if you change your mind soon enough.

True that. The GBP has gone up a fair bit from what it was when I woke up this morning. Shoulda bought 'em then
wink.gif
(matte black m4 btw)

Jun 24, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #3,169 of 24,683
  You've got a better shot now with the exchange rate if you change your mind soon enough.

As mentioned in my post (somewhat lengthy, so I can excuse the oversight lol), I am in fact British and happily esconced in the bosom of the sprawling metropolis of London.
So any swings in the currency are extremely unlikely to make any significant difference to my (in)ability to purchase the marvellous, soon-to-undergo-apotheosis M6
biggrin.gif

Jun 24, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #3,170 of 24,683
  Yeah, and yet it's still a fair bit lower than it was just a day ago. Gonna be rocking that matte black Phantoms huh Trev?
wink.gif

Been waffling for a bit on whether I was going to even get a pair. I figure after the BS of last month I need something to look forward to
wink.gif
. Decided on the matte black cause the Deltas are already gunmetal

Jun 24, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #3,171 of 24,683
Just a few impressions from my Sabre experience so far:

Nice packaging with a host of included tips, including some Spinfits. Sabre is smaller than I had expected and fits easily in my ear. Sound is weightier than my Delta V2, but I miss the damped filters as I find the higher mids and treble to be rather strident at certain frequencies and I have not found a filter/tip configuration to reduce bring the sound more to my personal preferences.

My biggest complaint is that the cable connectors are very hard to seat and are very easily disturbed by movement resulting in the sound cutting out. I MUCH prefer the MMCX connectors used in the Atlas. I found those to be very secure with never a polarity issue. I certainly hope that the Hunter has a more refined connector system as it deserves much better than that of the Sabre.

While the addition of the longer filters is a welcome addition, IMO, as mentioned above, including damped filters would allow much better customization of the sound.

As of now, I am not sure if my Sabre will be a keeper or not. So far, I am preferring my Delta V2 even though the Sabre is a better fit.

Jun 24, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #3,173 of 24,683
  I've become pretty interested in the M4 due to the convergence of several factors lol, any impressions as to how it sounds by default?

Did a few searches but it's mentioned so many times I can't find the impressions post (if any). 
redface.gif

I'm still waiting also, and the end of the month as the final date for the preorder sale prices is already imminent. Having bought for me or my people two delta's and three hyperions it's obvious that i trust in the holy Trinity's abilities for doing miracles, but i just can't spend all that money (for the m4 or even the m6 if i turn crazy) without knowing a word (with basis on experience with it) about the products. I understand and appreciate that this is a prize for the loyalty of the ones who trust, but my poor economy doesn't let me afford this faithful gestures even though i believe, i promise it, i believe in Bob, please, lord i beg your pardon.... It's just that faith sometimes requires an expensive attitude!!

Jun 24, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #3,174 of 24,683
Just a few impressions from my Sabre experience so far:

Nice packaging with a host of included tips, including some Spinfits. Sabre is smaller than I had expected and fits easily in my ear. Sound is weightier than my Delta V2, but I miss the damped filters as I find the higher mids and treble to be rather strident at certain frequencies and I have not found a filter/tip configuration to reduce bring the sound more to my personal preferences.

My biggest complaint is that the cable connectors are very hard to seat and are very easily disturbed by movement resulting in the sound cutting out. I MUCH prefer the MMCX connectors used in the Atlas. I found those to be very secure with never a polarity issue. I certainly hope that the Hunter has a more refined connector system as it deserves much better than that of the Sabre.

While the addition of the longer filters is a welcome addition, IMO, as mentioned above, including damped filters would allow much better customization of the sound.

As of now, I am not sure if my Sabre will be a keeper or not. So far, I am preferring my Delta V2 even though the Sabre is a better fit.

Your having a polarity issue? The connectors have notches so you can only align them one way, and with the length of the male and femal connector you should not get any drop in connection. Are the groves present on your connectors?

Jun 24, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #3,175 of 24,683

As mentioned in my post (somewhat lengthy, so I can excuse the oversight lol), I am in fact British and happily esconced in the bosom of the sprawling metropolis of London.
So any swings in the currency are extremely unlikely to make any significant difference to my (in)ability to purchase the marvellous, soon-to-undergo-apotheosis M6
biggrin.gif

You should be totally reprimanding me cuz I definitely didn't read that post very well
tongue.gif

Jun 24, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #3,176 of 24,683
Yes notches match OK. Just seems as though the pins are a bit short. As posted by another individual, there is still a small gap between the body and connector when fully fully seated.

Jun 24, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #3,178 of 24,683
Yes notches match OK. Just seems as though the pins are a bit short. As posted by another individual, there is still a small gap between the body and connector when fully fully seated.

If they are lined up you should be able to push them fully flush like mine here
wink_face.gif
If that don't work you may have a bunged pair!

beerchug.gif

Jun 24, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #3,179 of 24,683

Push them all the way! 
smily_headphones1.gif
 btw i'm noticing a huge sound difference after a few hours of playing. The treble has gone much softer (thank god) and bass is punchier 
biggrin.gif
 also agree that these with filters for treble would be better. I'm really enjoying them though, but the deltas are still my favorites.

Jun 24, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #3,180 of 24,683
If they are lined up you should be able to push them fully flush like mine here:wink_face: If that don't work you may have a bunged pair!

:beerchug:

Your cables do seem to have a smaller gap than mine however I cannot get mine in any further and I seem to not be suffering any performance issues. My guess is just some minute manufacturing tolerances with the pin lengths on the cables. To be honest I hadn't even noticed this tiny issue until HiFlight mentioned it. For me anyway the cable is still very secure and I don't see any real issue. If you are having polarity issues then maybe your cable is defective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back