TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jun 21, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #2,851 of 24,683

Received mine today :)

Got my email notification yesterday at 1600 but it just said they'd received my order and were getting it ready, no update on it being delivered.

Initial impressions: Amazing detail and clarity, yet without any sibilance. I tested on my most sibilant tracks and none could be detected, even with the wide-bore tips.

I have noticed some driver flex, though. I've heard this isn't necessarily something that can cause damage, though. Can anyone confirm that?

Very impressed with the sound and comfort, though. Thanks, Bob!

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #2,852 of 24,683

Got my email notification yesterday at 1600 but it just said they'd received my order and were getting it ready, no update on it being delivered.

Initial impressions: Amazing detail and clarity, yet without any sibilance. I tested on my most sibilant tracks and none could be detected, even with the wide-bore tips.

I have noticed some driver flex, though. I've heard this isn't necessarily something that can cause damage, though. Can anyone confirm that?

Very envy to see you guys having on hand now... I think mine master 4 still in air

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #2,853 of 24,683

Just check the vent on the main body isn't blocked or restricted in anyway as your shouldn't be getting any flex.

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #2,854 of 24,683
  The Hunter is the pinnacle (so Bob claims at the moment) of what Trinity Audio Engineering can do with a universal-fit IEM so it's naturally the most expensive one. So supposedly in the sound quality hierarchy, it would be Hunter > Master 6 > Master 4 > Sabre. Where are you seeing the description of the "most advanced sound" for the Master 6 right now? I can't see it on the Trinity shop page for it or on the first page descriptions of this thread.

The constant struggle, so difficult to have it all those addictions sorted out
tongue.gif

Yeah.. my mistake. Under the master 6 I it states the "Phantom Master will offer the most enjoyable yet technically superior sound", but I realize now this references the driver itself, not the master 6. Appreciate the call out. Having said that, I am curious about the fit of these IEMs because the 5,6, and hunter look fairly large and I want to love them.

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #2,862 of 24,683
Lol, the Phantom 6 pre order price is like a total steal with the Head-fi discount. But my wallet says definitely no after ordering the Hunters yesterday.
Enough must be enough.

Edit. The Head-fi discount is not available for the Phantom 6 pre orders, but still feels like a total bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back