TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 16, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #11,866 of 24,683
So am I correct in thinking that the Hunter and pm6 now both use 2x dual BA and 1x dual coil driver? Meaning each has 6 drivers total. Tuning is similar its just the Hunter is comes with a nicer cable, Ti and higher standard of internals?

I have not really kept track and this thread is now huge, the web pages and 1st post seem now to be updated as hunter is still discribed as 1xTi dynamic.

Cheers

The PM6 uses 2x dual coil drivers as opposed to the 1x dual coil driver for the hunter. Two dual BAs for both PM6 and Hunter. Total count 5 for hunter, 6 for PM6

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #11,867 of 24,683
The PM6 uses 2x dual coil drivers as opposed to the 1x dual coil driver for the hunter. Two dual BAs for both PM6 and Hunter. Total count 5 for hunter, 6 for PM6

And yet we've been told that the Hunter's single dynamic was not going to be a dual coil driver. Or was it that it wasn't push-pull?

Who knows.. Maybe they should come out with a few more models before we get the first ones.

Mar 16, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #11,868 of 24,683
Hold up are people saying Trinity cable for pre order pm6 and hunter uses 0.75 connectors?

From Bob in he other thread:

Quote:
 There are no major changes to the Master 6 and Hunter other than we will be using the industry standard recessed 2 pin set up rather than our own.

So PM4 is the old "Trinity's own 2-pin design" and PM6 and Hunter will be "industry standard recessed 2 pin" as depicted below. Upcoming production runs of Hunter and PM6 should be fitted with the Trinitz's Y undetachable cable system (as the Master is).
Only screws that are different, the connector looks a tiny bit different.

Here is a cut away of the hunter to give you and idea of how the connector is different.

Mar 16, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #11,870 of 24,683

And yet we've been told that the Hunter's single dynamic was not going to be a dual coil driver. Or was it that it wasn't push-pull?

Who knows.. Maybe they should come out with a few more models before we get the first ones.

This was settled quite long time ago - the Hunter does have one dual coil DD not in push-pull configuration (well, with just one DD this configuration is impossible) with some special Hunter unique acoustic/vectoring chamber.

This is from Trinity's website (and as far as I remember it was there when I have ordered it in November):

The Phantom Hunter features our new dual coil dynamic driver as well as 2 X dual balanced armatures using our unique armature chamber vectoring system to provide the most detail, imaging and refined high frequencies. 

I feel like Trinity is not to blame here.

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #11,873 of 24,683
The cable fits the PM4 2-pin connectors yet it seems that the pins are slightly larger (diameter) then the original cable ones. So they fit tight but come on and off quite well.

There's just one thing: No idea which direction i have to plug in since there is no indication. I now plugged according to the cable pre-bend.
Otherwise it would be impossible to insert the IEMs into my ears. When wearing over ear it fits perfectly. Everything else is just not possible.

So i just hope it's right that way.

Listening to Tom Jones "Praise & Blame" album (Flac) while typing this. 

First thing i notice: Switching from stereo to balanced output on my Fiio X7 (+AM3) makes for a drematically increased sub-bass on the PM4. 
All in all i would say the PM4 just got one whole level better with balanced output.

That's all for today since i need to eat something now before i pass out.

Good night everyone.

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #11,875 of 24,683
  Silver Litz Cable will fit PM6 (preorder) & PM4 according to Bob

I ordered the Litz to go with my Master 4 + 6. But it seems they have different 2-pin connectors. 
I just don't want to buy a separate balanced cable for every single IEM (have the Atlas too...).

Your cables will fit master 6 and Hunter

Well I would not be that sure... I am quite positive that there is considerable difference between the two 2-pins (so connector that fits PM4 should not fit PM6). Bob's post can be interpreted as "The cable you have ordered will fit (only) PM6 and Hunter".

Also, there is visible difference in the Trinity old 2-pin and the new 2-pin - the old one has female socket sticking out of the IEM (you can see it on PM4), the new one has the female socket recessed into the body of the IEM.

On the other hand, it is just my assumption. 

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #11,876 of 24,683
  The cable fits the PM4 2-pin connectors yet it seems that the pins are slightly larger (diameter) then the original cable ones. So they fit tight but come on and off quite well.

There's just one thing: No idea which direction i have to plug in since there is no indication. I now plugged according to the cable pre-bend.
Otherwise it would be impossible to insert the IEMs into my ears. When wearing over ear it fits perfectly. Everything else is just not possible.

This and the connectors' look on your photos strengthen my opinion that you are using wrong cable with your PM4. The shape of the connectors with the flattened plastic ends just screams to be plugged into recessed socket (otherwise there will be no need for the flattening). Also the fact that the pins are slightly larger (diameter) then the original cable ones would correspond with the fact that one of the 2-pin systems is 0.75mm and the other is 0.78mm (in this case it would suggest that the new cable system use the 0.78 pins while the old used 0.75mm).

I would be careful here not to damage the socket on your PM4.

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #11,877 of 24,683
This and the connectors' look on your photos strengthen my opinion that you are using wrong cable with your PM4. The shape of the connectors with the flattened plastic ends just screams to be plugged into recessed socket (otherwise there will be no need for the flattening). Also the fact that the pins are slightly larger (diameter) then the original cable ones would correspond with the fact that one of the 2-pin systems is 0.75mm and the other is 0.78mm (in this case it would suggest that the new cable system use the 0.78 pins while the old used 0.75mm).

Yes it is clear from these photos that the socket is not meant for the PM4. I would be more worried about snapping the pins off the cable as they are unsupported by anything.

Is this the Pure silver cable or the silver plated version?

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #11,878 of 24,683

+1. I'd advise to stop using this cable with the PM4. You'll break the sockets eventually and it will loosen to the point where it doesn't take signal from 0.78mm pins or 0.75mm pins. Even though it sounds really good right now.

On a sadder note, when I got home yesterday I saw keys hanging from the package inbox part of our neighborhood mailbox and I had hoped it was an IEM of mine (I have Trinity products and the Noble X on order) but alas, 'twas not to be. The wait continues.

Mar 16, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #11,880 of 24,683
One question about the Master 6. I have had aN RHA T20 before, and ended up returning it as I did not enjoy it very much. I think the T20s were more of an analytical pair of earphones, not an "emotional" pair, if I can remember correctly. I've heard in this thread that the Master 6 is an analytical set. Can you confirm if the T20s were more of an analytical?

also, because the Master 6 might be off my preference, can anyone guess how much I'd be able to sell it for looking from past experiences? thabks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back