TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 16, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #11,851 of 24,683
This from the first post by Bob on Trinity -what the future holds thread:

MASTER 6 & HUNTER

So lets start with the Hunter and Master 6.

There are no major changes to the Master 6 and Hunter other than we will be using the industry standard recessed 2 pin set up rather than our own.

Hunter comes with uprated cables as standard but the Master 6 will also come with single crystal OFC silver plated wires as standard and the Master 6 will also be made from Stainless steel as apposed to aluminium.

Hunter uses the dual coil driver and the same will be applied to the Master 6.

For those that have ordered a bluetooth cable you will get one with the matching 2 pin connector and any that have already received theirs will also get a new version with the correct 2 pin and you won't be required to return anything.

The Hunter is a limited production run per year and that hasn't changed and as production has now started cancellations are not possible without a cancellation fee being applied. Same applies for master 6 which is also in production.

The new slightly longer filters will also be standard equipment on both the Hunter and Master 6.

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #11,852 of 24,683
What.  Bob said the 2 pin connectors were being redesigned to industry standard 2 pin connector on the Master 6  and Hunter. The Master 6 cable should not be the same.  
that's right. You see. Bob said that the pre-order and Kickstarter version would remain the standard 2 pin . But after that they use their new system.

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #11,855 of 24,683
There was no Master 6 because they must not be done. There is no logical business reason to send part of a delayed order unless parts are not completed. The extra cost of shipping would be inefficient for business and overhead.

The silver cable was not part of the iem order. Silver cables are different orders.

To trinity:

A photo of the packages being sorted would definitely put a lot of people at ease.

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #11,856 of 24,683

Hmm, looks sweet. Come on Apple get your act together for the iPhone 8.

You're calling on Apple to match that? Let's be real, that's way to much to ask of Apple. I have their iPod Touch 5g and I like using it, and I even do like Apple products overall, but they're unlikely to do something like LG's quad-DAC. Hell, if their recent products are any indication, they might even just continue the train of stupid "innovations" they're doing. There's the MacBook TouchBar, removing the 3.5mm jack on the iPhone (for IPX certification apparently *cough*SAMSUNG*cough*), maybe next time they'll just limit audio connections to only Apple products now that they have wired and wireless audio products
tongue.gif

Exactly. If that were true, a cable for the PM6 isn't going to fit the PM4. People have tried plugging in 0.78mm cables into 0.75mm holes and while 0.03mm is a very miniscule difference, it's still enough for you to just end up with broken connectors if you try to force them.

Yea that's why I was wondering about it. That's confusing, maybe their "standard" means UE TriFi10, which has 0.75mm pins.

That would annoy the hell outta me since it was stated it would be the industry standard recessed 2-pin (which is 0.78mm) and 0.75mm cables are of very limited variety. Even UE doesn't use it anymore and they were the most well-known for using it.

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #11,857 of 24,683
that's right. You see. Bob said that the pre-order and Kickstarter version would remain the standard 2 pin . But after that they use their new system.

IRC, the Master 4 was not an industry standard it was their custom 2 pin.  Been too long but correct me if I am wrong.  The person asked if the Master 4 and Master 6 2 pin cable are the same, I do not think so.

The new cables are attached to the IEM with a Y-cable 

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #11,858 of 24,683
The silver cable was not part of the iem order. Silver cables are different orders.

To trinity:

A photo of the packages being sorted would definitely put a lot of people at ease.

Maybe they are separate orders but why would a business send 2 packages under the current scenario (i.e. 5000 orders Bob is trying to get out) Seems simple enough to package all his stuff at once and more complicated to ship the cable separately.

Also, no issue for Trinity to get the cables out to a head-fi member but no IEMs at this point.

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #11,859 of 24,683
  That would annoy the hell outta me since it was stated it would be the industry standard recessed 2-pin (which is 0.78mm) and 0.75mm cables are of very limited variety. Even UE doesn't use it anymore and they were the most well-known for using it.

I think their CIEMs still use 0.75 but not sure as I don't own any of their product now.
BTW the picture @TomKorn posted looks like the standard recessed 2-pin so maybe they don't mind inserting 0.78 connector into 0.75 receptacle.

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #11,864 of 24,683
i dont mind the shipping, the whole point the master exists is that the phantom master 4 had some quality issues,

The new cables i recived are somewhat sturdier and arent failing as fast as the older ones, and the headphone is really good to say the truth, im starting to thing that comfort and sound signature will be the defining issues when ti comes to if the master or the master 4 will be my daily driver.

No, not quite according to Bob. The Master was already in the works but turned out to be the discontinued Master 4 replacement.
Check the 9:00 min mark from his Q&A vid:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QbbuWqJgBnA

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #11,865 of 24,683
Hunter comes with uprated cables as standard but the Master 6 will also come with single crystal OFC silver plated wires as standard and the Master 6 will also be made from Stainless steel as apposed to aluminium.

Hunter uses the dual coil driver and the same will be applied to the Master 6.

So am I correct in thinking that the Hunter and pm6 now both use 2x dual BA and 1x dual coil driver? Meaning each has 6 drivers total. Tuning is similar its just the Hunter is comes with a nicer cable, Ti and higher standard of internals?

I have not really kept track and this thread is now huge, the web pages and 1st post seem now to be updated as hunter is still discribed as 1xTi dynamic.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back