TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Mar 16, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #11,881 of 24,683
I asked this in the the "What the future holds" thread but thought I'd repost here as well since this thread is a bit more active:

Does the cancelation fee apply to preorders of the Icarus III? I need to know because even though I'm leaning towards the IV, I'd like to secure the great price on the III just in case the IV is canceled/changed to something that's not for me (or it doesn't get a big enough preorder discount :) ) . Limited-time discounts + No concrete info = frustration... I really want some sort of details (or even the general goal for the IV) so I can make an educated purchase. This is always the one thing that bugs me the most about Trinity.

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #11,884 of 24,683
I think their CIEMs still use 0.75 but not sure as I don't own any of their product now.
BTW the picture @TomKorn
posted looks like the standard recessed 2-pin so maybe they don't mind inserting 0.78 connector into 0.75 receptacle.

Well,inserting .78mm pins into .75 cld loosen the socket and so even the intended .75mm pin cables cant be used anymore,like before, cuz the pins wont stay intact when plugged........

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #11,887 of 24,683
Yep, pretty much. Not recommended and may destroy the socket altogether. 
I think you all are right. Interestingly the cable attached much easier than the original PM4 cables which were really hard to attach. I did not have to force anything. All right. Now the wait for the "right" IEMs continues...

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #11,888 of 24,683
The more I see of the 4-braid cable re more I like it. Hopefully my PM6 arrives soon, because waiting is killing me. It's cold out here standing next to the mailbox!

Just get into the mailbox and close the door, it's probably warmer in there
tongue.gif

I think you all are right. Interestingly the cable attached much easier than the original PM4 cables which were really hard to attach. I did not have to force anything. All right. Now the wait for the "right" IEMs continues...

It's probably because this time you're only dealing with putting the pins in the holes. With the original PM4 cables, you're dealing with the pins, the alignment pin, and the housing sleeve that goes over the socket assembly a little bit. If any of the manufacturing isn't exactly right on any bit, it'll make connecting it harder.

Mar 17, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #11,889 of 24,683
The thread exploded. The post is a separate company, and Bob can say they aren't responsible for the post service. While others claim 3 day postage to belgium which isn't for most countries. And others attack and say you are stup I'd for wanting discounted iem with registered post without paying g for it extra. While others complain that postage was delayed three times with no updates. And others inquire what's the quality, and othere reply you get discounted for not having idea what you buy that's why it's cheaper. And others not wanting to be guinea pig of a company. Whole palitra of drama.

The litz cable totally looks diy.

How does it change pm4 sq?

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #11,890 of 24,683
Wow.. it's deader than tank tops and flares round here today lol
basshead.gif

I wonder if it's just the lull before the storm?
For the record, I haven't received any Trinity IEM's today.
But it's still only 3pm, so who knows?
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #11,891 of 24,683
  Wow.. it's deader than tank tops and flares round here today lol
basshead.gif

I wonder if it's just the lull before the storm?
For the record, I haven't received any Trinity IEM's today.
But it's still only 3pm, so who knows?
tongue_smile.gif

no, you won't till the end of next week at least
popcorn.gif
 It's the Mystery movie of the year called "Trinity: We are Shipping"

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #11,893 of 24,683
The thread exploded. The post is a separate company, and Bob can say they aren't responsible for the post service. While others claim 3 day postage to belgium which isn't for most countries. And others attack and say you are stup I'd for wanting discounted iem with registered post without paying g for it extra. While others complain that postage was delayed three times with no updates. And others inquire what's the quality, and othere reply you get discounted for not having idea what you buy that's why it's cheaper. And others not wanting to be guinea pig of a company. Whole palitra of drama.

Well at some point a long time ago, Bob did say their cable offerings were gonna be made in-house, so I'm not surprised they look DIY. I do wish they used nicer-looking 2-pin connectors though. The ones in that pic are the most bog-standard basic ones I've seen while I know there are some nicer looking ones available on sites like Lunashops.

Sadly if I did that the box wouldn't fit.
wink.gif

The box doesn't have to fit though. Mailman opens the mailbox to put your package in, you step out, grab the package, thank him, and be on your way.
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #11,894 of 24,683
  Well at some point a long time ago, Bob did say their cable offerings were gonna be made in-house, so I'm not surprised they look DIY. I do wish they used nicer-looking 2-pin connectors though. The ones in that pic are the most bog-standard basic ones I've seen while I know there are some nicer looking ones available on sites like Lunashops.

The box doesn't have to fit though. Mailman opens the mailbox to put your package in, you step out, grab the package, kiss him, and be on your way.
biggrin.gif

Fixed. 
wink_face.gif

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #11,895 of 24,683

​You're right. Especially the pins look a little messy. But if connected to PM6/Hunter, you won't probably see the messy ends anymore, the rest looks fine to me. 

It sounds different for sure. Especially the low end has basically doubled in power. Much more sub-bass for PM4, one issue i had with these IEMs. The other frequencies are harder to tell.
I would think generally the whole IEM for me plays one level higher now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back