TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jan 26, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #10,396 of 24,683
I'm really curious what the exact issue with the cables was.  Every post just says "cutting out".  Personally, if I had more information on the specifics of the problem and the cause I might have a bit more confidence in the QC of future products, and a bit more understanding of the reasoning behind going to the fixed cable system.  It is too easy with the current information available to make assumptions about the reason being streamlining production, since that design is generally not as well liked or viewed as "premium" as a standard 2 pin. It is the reason I didn't buy IE800 despite liking the sound.  It is the reason most complained about on the GR07X.  So either it is to make things easier from a production/ afterservice standpoint, or saying that the majority of the customers either don't know what they really want or Trinity knows better.  There was never any satisfactory explanation (at least satisfactory to me) given for not using a standard 2 pin on everything since most other manufacturers seem to be able to implement them just fine.  

I hope this post doesn't come across too negatively.  I am actually trying to make sense of what has soured the opinion of, and confidence in Trinity around here (and to some degree for myself).  I am still excited about the Hunter, and (aside from my opinion on the 30% cancellation fee which I have already discussed ad nauseum) think they are a great company with excellent support.  

Jan 26, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #10,397 of 24,683

​In an attempt to bring a bit of love back to the thread. I'm loving this combo, gold damped filters and kombi tips.

I have to say that I have used my PM4's everyday since I got them, I've had zero issues, cables have never fallen off (though I put them on and never removed them). Really looking forward to the PM6, and Master now. 

I am treble sensitive and have not had any issues with mine, fwiw.

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #10,400 of 24,683
  Hi, I've recently had some issues with the sound cutting out on the stock cables that came with my Phantom Sabre. I contacted Trinity and arranged to try out replacement cables to see if the issue subsides. I haven't used my pair really at all since I bought them over a month ago, so it's definitely not a wear and tear issue.

I assume that the connector style is the same across all of these phantom series models, so what can you guys tell me about the durability of the 2 pin connection system? It seems really questionable to me. Fitting the cables to the housings feels like I'm almost damaging the IEMs, and there doesn't seem to be any special tightening mechanism, rather just a "squeeze it together and it'll stick" type of thing. I noticed that there are little tabs on the insides of the cable connections, presumably to avoid improper channel connection, but do these tabs help at all the keep the IEMs attached to the cables?

I'm just really disappointed to have read so much about the quality and durability of trinity products paired without a compromise in sound(compare to RHA iems, super high build quality but merely consumer grade sound) only to realize that my Phantom Sabre's are really not that durable after all. I honestly wish that the cable system wasn't modular, so that I wouldn't have to worry about the integrity of the 2 pin connection on the IEMs. Or am I being too paranoid? I'm curious as to what everyone else's experiences with the 2 pin system are like.

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues.  I really hope that everything works out to your satisfaction.  Whatever form that takes.
As for my experience with Trinity 2 pin detachable cables.  I got my Delta VII last spring/summer.  My experience was similar to @sososerious in that they were difficult to install the first time.  But I took my time and did it carefully.  But where my experience is different, is that I haven't removed them since then.  I wrap my cables around my predator kit every night and store in a camera case.  I haven't had any problems with the cables whatsoever.

I have also had 2 pin connectors on Ultimate Ears products.  The Super fi-5 and two pairs of the Triple-fi.  I've never really experienced any iem separating from the cable in normal use.

I HAVE experienced cutting out on the Ultimate Ears Super fi-5.  But that was after years of use.  And my cable just snapped inside.  That was when I figured out the cables were replaceable.  

I will have to say I'm pretty neutral on the whole thing and I'm excited to see my Hunter and Atlas-Delta and their different cable offerings.

What I'm VERY POSITIVE about is that I love the pliability, looseness, and the NON-memory aspect of the early Trinity Delta cables.  Hoping I won't have an issue wrapping up my Hunter around my predator for storage in the camera case.  Hoping for no memory on that.

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #10,401 of 24,683

What I'm VERY POSITIVE about is that I love the pliability, looseness, and the NON-memory aspect of the early Trinity Delta cables.  Hoping I won't have an issue wrapping up my Hunter around my predator for storage in the camera case.  Hoping for no memory on that.

This is aspect I'm not so sure about yet. Gonna have to wait until I've got it in hand. I'm assuming you're talking about the fantastic braided cabling style of currently released Trinity gear, which I absolutely love for the exact reasons you've pointed out: super flexible with zero memory character. I love it. Only 2 other cables I've ever used have similar or better feel than this one. The reason I say I'm not so sure about the next run of IEMs is because Bob mentioned their cabling will now use cloth sheathing, I imagine much like the fabric cloth cable from mic-equipped models (with different internal wiring of course to match the higher-end lineup). I never had a mic version so I don't know how the cloth-cover Trinity cables feel. I dread the possibility that because it's cloth, it will eventually start getting fuzzy and frayed which just isn't gonna match up with the aesthetics of the shells that I'm sure will continue to look fantastic in comparison to the cable down the road.

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #10,402 of 24,683
Email update just went out, but for those of you who may have missed it (as I often have) here it is:

Hello to all our Customers,
_
Its about time for an update to let you know what has been going off here at Trinity.
_
Some of you may know that we have made some changes to how we build our IEM's and as such we had to make some last minute changes to some of our pre-order models.
_
Due to some minor QC issues with our Master 4 model we have had to make some drastic changes here to make sure that you all get exactly what you want an awesome sounding and well built IEM.
_
We have just about finished our Atlas Delta, Master 6 and Hunter and are not far away from getting ready to ship them. We are being extra diligent and these IEM's are getting 3 rounds of QC checks to make sure they are as good as they can be before they leave. Apologies to anyone expected them in hand by now but we are insistent on having nothing less than amazing products when they leave us, we want you to be as happy as can be. Once everything is completed new images will be taken and uploaded to our site.
_
Production on the new Master is in progress along with our update Vyrus model and should be ready ahead of schedule (that would be a first, right).
_
For all of those that pre-ordered the Phantom Air via Kickstarter, Indiegogo or our site the PCB boards are built and all shells are made but we are still awaiting around 1 3rd of backers on Kickstarter to complete the survey before we can colour the shells, so please go to the updates section of kickstarter and read our thread about the survey and get it completed within the next 7 days so we can finish production and start shipping. Any that still have not completed it and don't do so within the next 7 days will not have a choice of colour and will be sent what ever colour we see fit.
_
We have some amazing gear coming in our new Sagaris range which will offer some amazing new IEM's along with a highly portable digital audio player and a DAC amp.
_
For those that are interested we are also clearing the last of our Sabres at a discounted rate and by entering code Sabrefinalsale at the checkout you will get them for just £45.00 delivered (if chasing free shipping) , thats a £80 saving off retail pricing, hurry as stocks are very limited and won't last long.
_
As always we are doing our upmost to provide the most cost effective high end in-ear monitors in the market and appreciate more than you know your continued support.
_
If you need any further information please email jake@trinityaudioengineering.com
_
Kind regards
Bob

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #10,407 of 24,683
Me too...
frown.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

system error, available again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back