TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jan 26, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #10,412 of 24,683
This is aspect I'm not so sure about yet. Gonna have to wait until I've got it in hand. I'm assuming you're talking about the fantastic braided cabling style of currently released Trinity gear, which I absolutely love for the exact reasons you've pointed out: super flexible with zero memory character. I love it. Only 2 other cables I've ever used have similar or better feel than this one. The reason I say I'm not so sure about the next run of IEMs is because Bob mentioned their cabling will now use cloth sheathing, I imagine much like the fabric cloth cable from mic-equipped models (with different internal wiring of course to match the higher-end lineup). I never had a mic version so I don't know how the cloth-cover Trinity cables feel. I dread the possibility that because it's cloth, it will eventually start getting fuzzy and frayed which just isn't gonna match up with the aesthetics of the shells that I'm sure will continue to look fantastic in comparison to the cable down the road.

I know exactly what you mean!  Yes.  I was talking about the "EARLY" Trinity Delta cables.  We both love those.
The Hunter's - I expect to be excellent cables, because they mentioned many times:  "Upgraded cables,"  and "Oh, those are the Beefy cables," and "8 braid Litz."  (Going by memory here, team)  Therefore I expect them to be more hefty than the early cables.  I'm just hoping I love them!  = Trying to go in glass 3/4 full. 
For the new modular cables, I have zero expectations.  Waiting to see.

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #10,413 of 24,683
  I know exactly what you mean!  Yes.  I was talking about the "EARLY" Trinity Delta cables.  We both love those.
The Hunter's - I expect to be excellent cables, because they mentioned many times:  "Upgraded cables,"  and "Oh, those are the Beefy cables," and "8 braid Litz."  (Going by memory here, team)  Therefore I expect them to be more hefty than the early cables.  I'm just hoping I love them!  = Trying to go in glass 3/4 full. 

Well if I am remembering correctly the Hunter cables have a 5 year warranty. Kinda confused me how the cables had a longer warranty period than the IEM themselves, but I definitely can appreciate it. If anything, the cable would be the weak link in the chain, so the reassurance of having a long warranty on the cable sounds fantastic to me. 

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #10,414 of 24,683
Just ordered mine! Thanks Bob!
biggrin.gif

-HK sends

I just pulled the trigger too.

I'm hopeful to see some miracle out of these from my...Iphone 5 (not sure if 160ohm is too much for my phone to handle). 
Considering this is my first big step into the $60 price range and my first Trinity product (little late for the party, I know), I expect some easily noticeable improvements from my collection of under $20 chifi.

p/s: part of my want to wait for the vyrus v2 but waiting for 2 months more is too much for me...

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #10,415 of 24,683
Well if I am remembering correctly the Hunter cables have a 5 year warranty. Kinda confused me how the cables had a longer warranty period than the IEM themselves, but I definitely can appreciate it. If anything, the cable would be the weak link in the chain, so the reassurance of having a long warranty on the cable sounds fantastic to me. 

Exactly.  I don't remember what the warranty period is, but I know it is extended.  I just went to the website to see if it was stated on the order page, but it wasn't.

But I DID find something interesting on the Hunter order page.  Hunter - Gunmetal is still an option to order, but Hunter - Heat Treated Titanium is out of stock.  I CANNOT wait to see my HTT Hunters.  And the cables.  And everything else  So excited.  Like a little kid at Xxxxxxxxx (Insert your favorite gift giving holiday here.)

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #10,416 of 24,683
I just pulled the trigger too.

I'm hopeful to see some miracle out of these from my...Iphone 5 (not sure if 160ohm is too much for my phone to handle). 

They are actually 16 ohm. There was some confusion about this a long time ago, but it all stems from a very poorly used capital O.
Come on Bob! Get with the times and just use the Greek omega symbol! :p

Jan 26, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #10,417 of 24,683

Yeah, I'm sure the new cables will be up to the job, I'm just curious to see how exactly they'll be physically since they said it won't be the old braided style anymore. Oh well, my Hyperion continues to serve me well.

I'm sure the reason the cables are in warranty longer is because if you think about, that should actually be the part that has a longer warranty if a removable cable system is involved. Think about it; how many times has the issue been a driver failing rather than a cable entry point, or jack, or something similar failing? Most of the time, I've had an issue with the cable failing at the jack, once or twice at the shell entry, and only once did I ever have a bad driver or something in the shell itself (which I don't even know if I should count in the statistic cuz they were basically DOA back from when LZ had crap QC and a working A2 was luck of the draw).

They are actually 16 ohm. There was some confusion about this a long time ago, but it all stems from a very poorly used capital O.
Come on Bob! Get with the times and just use the Greek omega symbol!
tongue.gif

Or, you know, maybe a space?
tongue.gif

Jan 26, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #10,418 of 24,683
Already own the PM4s (not running into any issues so far) but decided to grab the Sabres since they're on sale, what's the worst that could happen? You've made a great update e-mail Bob.

Found some TF10 2-pins to MMCX adapters, should be fun perhaps?

Does anyone know if the Sabre's long filters fit on the PM4? I don't think the Sabres have an equivalent of the silver filter do they?

PM4s with an adapter and borrowed filters from the Sabres? I could use any MMCX cable or even a MMCX Bluetooth cable. All I need to do then is airbrush it, but I don't know how to do that or have the equipment so I won't. Fantastic abomination is awaiting me ahead, this will be thrilling!

Jan 26, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #10,419 of 24,683
  Does anyone know if the Sabre's long filters fit on the PM4? I don't think the Sabres have an equivalent of the silver filter do they?

they won't, sabre uses the narrower filters.

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #10,420 of 24,683
You know, a few months back, I was completely unaware of Trinity Audio tbh and now, they feature highly on my revisits, just to see what's happening!!

There's some really positive movement going on there and it has really kept my interest after hearing the original Vyrus and Sabre. Really looking forward to the new Master!!

Jan 27, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #10,423 of 24,683
I just ordered Sabre at a specially low price.. can't wait!

Pricing is FANTASTIC right now with the way the pound sterling has gone. I think I placed my order for the Hunter when a pound converted to like $1.32 or something like that, it's now $1.25. No regrets on paying however much I did, but for anyone looking to buy a Trinity product and located in the US, the conversion rate is much better now than it has been in the past.

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #10,424 of 24,683
So I ordered the Sabre on sake. I'm still waiting for the Atlas Delta I preordered a couple of months ago.

As I've said earlier, the BT lanyard arrived right away. I got the Trinity lanyard rather than a $10 one on eBay because I wanted to be sure the cabling would work with Trinity's pins. I have no idea how Trinity will resolve that with the Atlas Deltas that eventually ship, but... will that lanyard work with the Sabre I just bought! No clue what is standard 2 pin and what is Trinity proprietary 2pin.....

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #10,425 of 24,683
So I ordered the Sabre on sake. I'm still waiting for the Atlas Delta I preordered a couple of months ago.

As I've said earlier, the BT lanyard arrived right away. I got the Trinity lanyard rather than a $10 one on eBay because I wanted to be sure the cabling would work with Trinity's pins. I have no idea how Trinity will resolve that with the Atlas Deltas that eventually ship, but... will that lanyard work with the Sabre I just bought! No clue what is standard 2 pin and what is Trinity proprietary 2pin.....

Okay, so couple of clarifying questions for us to try to help. What BT lanyard config did you order from Trinity? The Trinity 2-pin or MMCX? If it's the Trinity 2-pin, it should work with the Sabre.

The Atlas Delta may not even work with this BT cable anyway. I don't remember if there were any updates about if the Atlas Delta is using the new y-split system or not, but my impression is that it will be, which means it's not gonna work with the BT cable you have.

Trinity's 2-pin system uses recessed pins (not recessed sockets, so it's the same style as something like the UE TF10). It also uses 0.75mm pins like the UE TF10. However, on a Trinity 2-pin cable, there's also an extra plastic nub to make sure it only plugs in one way to avoid plugging in the pins the wrong way around.

What's referred to as a "standard 2-pin" is what many manufacturers in the industry use for removable 2-pin cables; this connector uses 0.78mm pins. You will also see these noted as "Westone 2-pin" as well, but that's just another name for the "standard 2-pin". Summary: standard 2-pin is 0.78mm connectors designed for recessed sockets and used on most IEMs with 2-pin removable cables such as Westone/JHAudio/64Audio/EmpireEars/etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back