TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jan 27, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #10,426 of 24,683
  Okay, so couple of clarifying questions for us to try to help. What BT lanyard config did you order from Trinity? The Trinity 2-pin or MMCX? If it's the Trinity 2-pin, it should work with the Sabre.

The Atlas Delta may not even work with this BT cable anyway. I don't remember if there were any updates about if the Atlas Delta is using the new y-split system or not, but my impression is that it will be, which means it's not gonna work with the BT cable you have.

Trinity's 2-pin system uses recessed pins (not recessed sockets, so it's the same style as something like the UE TF10). It also uses 0.75mm pins like the UE TF10. However, on a Trinity 2-pin cable, there's also an extra plastic nub to make sure it only plugs in one way to avoid plugging in the pins the wrong way around.

What's referred to as a "standard 2-pin" is what many manufacturers in the industry use for removable 2-pin cables; this connector uses 0.78mm pins. You will also see these noted as "Westone 2-pin" as well, but that's just another name for the "standard 2-pin". Summary: standard 2-pin is 0.78mm connectors designed for recessed sockets and used on most IEMs with 2-pin removable cables such as Westone/JHAudio/64Audio/EmpireEars/etc.

This is the best Rosetta Stone about the 2 pin situation I've ever seen regarding .75vs.78 and what is "standard 2-pin"
Can someone sticky this?

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #10,427 of 24,683
  Okay, so couple of clarifying questions for us to try to help. What BT lanyard config did you order from Trinity? The Trinity 2-pin or MMCX? If it's the Trinity 2-pin, it should work with the Sabre.

The Atlas Delta may not even work with this BT cable anyway. I don't remember if there were any updates about if the Atlas Delta is using the new y-split system or not, but my impression is that it will be, which means it's not gonna work with the BT cable you have.

Thank you!

Since I bought it to use with the Atlas Deltas that I was ordering at the same time, I picked "Atlas" for the Lanyard. I think that's mmcx.Unless Trinity comes through with some usable BT lanyard for the "new" Atlas Deltas that eventually actually ship, the BT Lanyard I bought was a complete waste of a lot of money (compared to alternative BT Lanyards on the market). Maybe I'll just ask for a refund once I know. What an upsetting situation.

So, the Sabre is a completely different cabling than the Atlas Delta? Sheeeeeet. The Trinity lanyard is just a very expensive solution. Are there any other BT lanyard options? Any that will work with Trinity Sabres? If I found a "standard 2pin" BT lanyard, is there a chance it could be "made" to work?

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #10,428 of 24,683
  This is the best Rosetta Stone about the 2 pin situation I've ever seen regarding .75vs.78 and what is "standard 2-pin"
Can someone sticky this?

Glad you liked it! I actually also forgot to mention that UE is kind of a special case too. Cuz they used to use the recessed pin design, but they don't anymore. Their universal line (so just the UE900 cuz it's the only universal they have) uses MMCX connectors and their CIEM lineup uses the standard 2-pin. I don't think I know any other IEM besides the old UE lineup that uses the recessed pin connector.

Thank you!

Since I bought it to use with the Atlas Deltas that I was ordering at the same time, I picked "Atlas" for the Lanyard. I think that's mmcx.Unless Trinity comes through with some usable BT lanyard for the "new" Atlas Deltas that eventually actually ship, the BT Lanyard I bought was a complete waste of a lot of money (compared to alternative BT Lanyards on the market). Maybe I'll just ask for a refund once I know. What an upsetting situation.

So, the Sabre is a completely different cabling than the Atlas Delta? Sheeeeeet. The Trinity lanyard is just a very expensive solution. Are there any other BT lanyard options? Any that will work with Trinity Sabres? If I found a "standard 2pin" BT lanyard, is there a chance it could be "made" to work?

Yeah, I'd say definitely email the Trinity team to figure this out. Cuz the BT lanyard you picked probably is MMCX; is the connector round with 1 pin in the very middle?

I (and I suspect others) wouldn't recommend getting a standard 2-pin BT lanyard to try to finagle onto the Sabres. Apparently, with the tolerances of the pin spacing, trying to put a 0.78mm pin into a 0.75mm hole stretches it out and over time, will kinda mess it up. And that's assuming you can shove it in there without breaking it in the first place.

I forgot to ask earlier, but where did you find a 2-pin bluetooth lanyard that wasn't Trinity's? I haven't really looked for them.

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #10,429 of 24,683
  Glad you liked it! I actually also forgot to mention that UE is kind of a special case too. Cuz they used to use the recessed pin design, but they don't anymore. Their universal line (so just the UE900 cuz it's the only universal they have) uses MMCX connectors and their CIEM lineup uses the standard 2-pin. I don't think I know any other IEM besides the old UE lineup that uses the recessed pin connector.

I have a Moon audio (Black Dragon, I think) cable with kobicon (Ray Samuels 4 pin) on the amp end and UE TF10-2 pin on the other end.
So if I read and understand correctly, I should be able to use that TF10 2  pin on the Delta V2 I have. 

But with the upcoming Hunter it will use 0.78 = "2 pin Standard" = Westone.  So no go on that one

Wow.  I never knew there was so much difference that 0.03mm could make.  Ha ha

Again.  Thanks for helping to clarify all this.

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #10,430 of 24,683
  I have a Moon audio (Black Dragon, I think) cable with kobicon (Ray Samuels 4 pin) on the amp end and UE TF10-2 pin on the other end.
So if I read and understand correctly, I should be able to use that TF10 2  pin on the Delta V2 I have. 

But with the upcoming Hunter it will use 0.78 = "2 pin Standard" = Westone.  So no go on that one

Wow.  I never knew there was so much difference that 0.03mm could make.  Ha ha

Again.  Thanks for helping to clarify all this.

In theory, if none of the plastic bits are getting in the way, then I think yes, you could use your Moon Audio cable with the Delta V2. I believe the Delta V2 used the same pins as the Sabre and PM4, just without the plastic guide nub.

The upcoming Hunter will use a standard 0.78mm 2-pin socket. BUT, this only applies to the units that are on pre-order. I'm not sure for exactly what time period of pre-orders, but I can say with relative certainty that once the pre-order period is over, any Trinity Audio IEM will use their new hard-wired, detachable at y-split cable system and not a 2-pin system.

Jan 28, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #10,432 of 24,683
To anyone who can answer: What shipping courrier is used for shipping Trinity if you're in the US or Canada? Depending on the answer, I might need to correct my address on the indiegogo survey :/

I'm in the US and they shipped my Sabre using USPS priority mail.

I've just thought of this question, not sure where to post so I just put it here.

So I was thinking about sound stage and imaging on IEMs. I noticed through my listening of 3 cheapo I got (Tennmak Pro, Panasonic RP-HJE120, and KZ ZS3) that lower volume usually result in bigger sound stage (the instrument sounds like it's far away); And by increasing the volume, the instruments appear to be closer to my ear. I assume that the width dimension in sound stage. 

I also noticed that specific songs give significantly better immersive experience; and certain songs sounds up close and congested regardless of the IEMs. I'm guessing that depending on how the track is recorded/created, imaging and sound stage will be wider and more immense.

So someone who's knowledgeable about these please inform and correct me. Many thanks in advance.

Jan 28, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #10,433 of 24,683
To anyone who can answer: What shipping courrier is used for shipping Trinity if you're in the US or Canada? Depending on the answer, I might need to correct my address on the indiegogo survey :/

I know they set up a US distribution center.  That's where my Sabres were just dispatched from using USPS.  I'm not sure about a distributor in Canada but I know USPS can ship there.
Hope this helps...
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jan 28, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #10,434 of 24,683
I'm in the US and they shipped my Sabre using USPS priority mail.

I've just thought of this question, not sure where to post so I just put it here.

So I was thinking about sound stage and imaging on IEMs. I noticed through my listening of 3 cheapo I got (Tennmak Pro, Panasonic RP-HJE120, and KZ ZS3) that lower volume usually result in bigger sound stage (the instrument sounds like it's far away); And by increasing the volume, the instruments appear to be closer to my ear. I assume that the width dimension in sound stage. 

I also noticed that specific songs give significantly better immersive experience; and certain songs sounds up close and congested regardless of the IEMs. I'm guessing that depending on how the track is recorded/created, imaging and sound stage will be wider and more immense.

So someone who's knowledgeable about these please inform and correct me. Many thanks in advance.

Soundstage sounds when louder because that how the mind registers the difference in sound pressure. In the same vein of thought, that's why you may also feel there's more detail given more volume. It's why reviewers always recommend volume matching when comparing IEMs. It's not actually the sound stage shrinking, it's how your mind interprets the louder music.

Imaging, sound stage, and other sound qualities are all what we call source-dependent. Source being the original music itself, not the what device you play it through. You can have as high end of a setup as you'd like, but if the original tracks aren't mastered well, then it won't matter, the music will sound bad; doesn't matter what format it's in.

Jan 28, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #10,435 of 24,683
Soundstage sounds when louder because that how the mind registers the difference in sound pressure. In the same vein of thought, that's why you may also feel there's more detail given more volume. It's why reviewers always recommend volume matching when comparing IEMs. It's not actually the sound stage shrinking, it's how your mind interprets the louder music.

Imaging, sound stage, and other sound qualities are all what we call source-dependent. Source being the original music itself, not the what device you play it through. You can have as high end of a setup as you'd like, but if the original tracks aren't mastered well, then it won't matter, the music will sound bad; doesn't matter what format it's in.

That's why I'm skeptical whenever someone advertised particular IEMs as "enormous sound stage" or something a long that line, as I can't perceive it myself. 

Then maybe because of the type of music I listen to doesn't offer that 3D liked experience, or maybe because of the low quality of music file (I just stream music using on non-premium Spotify and Youtube at 720-1080p), that I'm not getting the sound stage I expected

I'm just afraid my casual setup is not enough for my soon-will-have Sabre to shine. I supposed they don't need an AMP when their impedance is 16 Ohm, but not sure if I need a DAC, or a premium Spotify account to get better music quality... 

Jan 28, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #10,436 of 24,683
  That's why I'm skeptical whenever someone advertised particular IEMs as "enormous sound stage" or something a long that line, as I can't perceive it myself. 

Then maybe because of the type of music I listen to doesn't offer that 3D liked experience, or maybe because of the low quality of music file (I just stream music using on non-premium Spotify and Youtube at 720-1080p), that I'm not getting the sound stage I expected

I'm just afraid my casual setup is not enough for my soon-will-have Sabre to shine. I supposed they don't need an AMP when their impedance is 16 Ohm, but not sure if I need a DAC, or a premium Spotify account to get better music quality... 

Well all I can offer is what my experience with other IEMs has been (I don't own a Sabre). I have most of my music in 320kbps MP3 or Apple Lossless. Not all of my music will be great for sound stage, but incidentally, it's also the trait I care the least about to be excellent. Average sound stage will do just fine. The device I use for all of my IEMs is my iPod Touch 5g with no external amping. And to get a picture of what I use with it, my highest end IEM is a JH16 Pro FP.

While you might be skeptical about the letting the Sabre shine, I don't think it will be anywhere near as lackluster as you think it may be. The reason being because what we get to our ears is a combination of the source material, the playing device, and the earphones themselves creating the physical sound waves. If you have a nice IEM, and from many accounts, the Sabre is quite a good one for the money, that's one less thing in the chain severely impeding the sound quality and that's still a win.

Jan 28, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #10,437 of 24,683

My experience with the SABRE was that it was not forgiving for bad quality files at all! I also mostly listen to music from YouTube (due to the genre). On my Mac they sounded fine, but when I listened to them on my iPhone they gave me headaches because for some reason the iPhone was not able to get the treble right or the files on my phone were bad, so the SABRE is not forgiving due to it's immense clarity, you will find that in most of the reviews to be reported as well. They were downloaded YouTube songs... Oh well, I guess I'll have to upgrade to better files and a DAC/AMP for the new master anyways

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #10,438 of 24,683

So there are two things to unpack here I think. The first is the notion of 'not enough' for the Sabre 'to shine'. That is inherently a subjective statement. If it's good enough for you, it is. The only way to find out is to test it.

The second is the notion that sound improves perceivably when improving certain links in the chain, and which links are most important. This depends on how good your ears are. Personally, I cannot distinguish 320 kbps MP3 when ripped correctly from FLAC or WAV no matter what source. Youtube rips however I can often tell apart from their CD counterparts. With my PM4 I can tell the difference between my DAC and my standard laptop out, but not between my DAC and my Sony xperia Z5. Whether you will be able to do the same depends on your ears as well as on the sabre (though others have commented that they can with the sabre). Whether the difference is large enough for you to care, well... see my first point.

In practice then, I'd say just wait till you have them. Try some different sources and file types if you have them (preferably blind tested) and see what the difference you hear.

Jan 28, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #10,440 of 24,683
It's not only about mp3, flac dsd. It's also source, I can tell dsd is much crisper than flac, between mp3 and flac? the difference is way smaller though, although I pick flac. It's only 3 times bigger than flac. between flac and dsd it's way more difference ten times or something.

Did anyone get their litz silver cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back