TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jan 25, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #10,381 of 24,683
Man...  this thread is compromised...  lost its integrity long ago.

Jan 25, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #10,382 of 24,683

Sorry I don't mean to rant here. But I really hate people put a big label on others just because they feel they have the right too.

I also think PM4 is underwhelming for me, mainly the fit.. But I am not going to return them because intentional shipping is not worth it. Probably will just give it away.

Jan 25, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #10,383 of 24,683
Might as well be talking politics... I really hope the PM6 /Hunter live up to expectations or this thread will completely implode.

Jan 25, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #10,385 of 24,683
Sorry I don't mean to rant here. But I really hate people put a big label on others just because they feel they have the right too.

I also think PM4 is underwhelming for me, mainly the fit.. But I am not going to return them because intentional shipping is not worth it. Probably will just give it away.

It's alright.  I got riled up cuz I wanted to answer that fella's question that you can return it.  I thought it was ok to ask it on a thread.  You never now what information is out there and what needs to be addressed with PM's.  Plus it's fun, in other threads, to get involved in group chat.  

I agree, international shipping is too pricey.  I had to do it the first time I returned an item and it just wasn't worth it.  

But now, since I live in the US, they accept my return at the local headquarters, so it's not much of a charge.  

I am really happy to hear they are coming out with a new Master and happy to hear it does compete very well.  My old frustrations from the original popped back up.

I hope if you got the master it works out...  If you did i think it will or if you got other items like the master 6 and the hunter I think they will turn out very well in fact.  I am confident about the atlas delta, too.  

Have a good day.

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #10,386 of 24,683

Yeah, this is unfortunate, I'm in the same position. I also bought the Lanyard which was out of return period by the time PM4 eventually arrived (although I had asked for the to be shipped together) and it will not be compatible with any other IEM's so this would've been an additional lost had I returned the PM4. Still waiting for replacement filters as well.......

Wow.. ok. It sounded like someone had experience with that being a possibility and I was asking for their input. But I'm sorry to have sullied your precious Trinity thread with a question about something someone said in the form of conversation. Like one would do on a place like a forum. 

After reading all the crazy questions in this thread yours seems legitimate to me. Super funny that the same people that are angry with you asking was angry with me being fed up with every second post here asking for shipping date a couple of months ago.

Indeed.....

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #10,387 of 24,683
Hmmm? 0.78 is bigger and might stretch the sockets out. I've used 2 0.75's w/o issue so far. They fit snug in the PM4 so 0.78 would seemingly loosen up some. Again just talking of PM4 sockets :)

$15 and nice on the PM4. More bass, better stage, Cleaner sound than stock esp. in bass. Jackpots description of the Master is what this cable pushes towards. Though not harder to drive. Maybe does better unamped than with stock braided cable. More resolution, lower reaching bass(lowest I have heard so far with PM4), and more bass than UE cable I was using before. Filters make more sense now with added bass esp. if I just want to grab and go w/o an amp.

Link to online shop? I bought litz silver cable not sure when it's posted.

Jan 25, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #10,388 of 24,683
  Man...  this thread is compromised...  lost its integrity long ago

Developed a natural filter to filter out comments. It just gets too negative and demotivating here. 

Meanwhile... Completely out of topic but,
Who knew trying to unscrew something could be more frustrating than waiting for the shipments. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #10,391 of 24,683

Are you located in the US or elsewhere? If you're in the US, then they have a location here, but if you're elsewhere, I agree, it just might not be worth the hassle cuz international shipping does suck.

Judging by what it looks like, this is likely a cable from Lunashops or someone selling very similar stuff. Either way, it's a Chinese silver (plated?) cable. I'm personally not a fan, the outer sheathing has a too much memory character.

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #10,392 of 24,683
Hi Guys,
The new Trinity Master will have the 3.5mm cables as balanced? Will there be an adaptor or cable to make into 2.5mm balanced?
Please advise.

Thanks

duno about the iem separate lits now has options 3.5 and 2.5, which is nice.

Midgetguy ok thank you

Been comparing pm4 and r2s both I like. Pm4 for bass and nice all rounder. R2s for crispness. pm4 has nice subbass. r2s is more crisp doesnot have the subbass of pm4, r2s has a lot of bass it's in upper subbass and lower mid bass. pm4 subbass is at the lower subbass which is better for bass heads.
And the hybrid pm4 with flare dd is better than pm4 although overall different from both ofcourse. Kind of pm4 with better crispness. I only have one iem like this so not for proper review.

Jan 25, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #10,393 of 24,683

http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=5068
Though I got it from their ebay account for cheaper :)

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #10,394 of 24,683
Hi, I've recently had some issues with the sound cutting out on the stock cables that came with my Phantom Sabre. I contacted Trinity and arranged to try out replacement cables to see if the issue subsides. I haven't used my pair really at all since I bought them over a month ago, so it's definitely not a wear and tear issue.

I assume that the connector style is the same across all of these phantom series models, so what can you guys tell me about the durability of the 2 pin connection system? It seems really questionable to me. Fitting the cables to the housings feels like I'm almost damaging the IEMs, and there doesn't seem to be any special tightening mechanism, rather just a "squeeze it together and it'll stick" type of thing. I noticed that there are little tabs on the insides of the cable connections, presumably to avoid improper channel connection, but do these tabs help at all the keep the IEMs attached to the cables?

I'm just really disappointed to have read so much about the quality and durability of trinity products paired without a compromise in sound(compare to RHA iems, super high build quality but merely consumer grade sound) only to realize that my Phantom Sabre's are really not that durable after all. I honestly wish that the cable system wasn't modular, so that I wouldn't have to worry about the integrity of the 2 pin connection on the IEMs. Or am I being too paranoid? I'm curious as to what everyone else's experiences with the 2 pin system are like.

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #10,395 of 24,683
I'm just really disappointed to have read so much about the quality and durability of trinity products paired without a compromise in sound(compare to RHA iems, super high build quality but merely consumer grade sound) only to realize that my Phantom Sabre's are really not that durable after all. I honestly wish that the cable system wasn't modular, so that I wouldn't have to worry about the integrity of the 2 pin connection on the IEMs. Or am I being too paranoid? I'm curious as to what everyone else's experiences with the 2 pin system are like.

My PM4s have been used a lot and I store them without the cable attached so they have had many 'cycles' of attaching and removing - no issues what so ever to report.

They were incredibly difficult to attach the very first time but I was patient and gentle and following this, they have been very smooth and easy to connect and not loose at all (unlike some reports).

Speaking honestly... would I have preferred a standard 2 pin - yes, am I happy my PM6 will come with the normal industry 2 pin - yes again; would I have been upset if it stayed with the 'trinity design' 2 pin - not at all.

Personally I would never bother worrying about anything durability related with this company - after sales doesn't appear to be a contractual obligation to them, they genuinely want you to be happy with their gear and enjoy the experience.

Whenever people have a problem they always seem to try and make it right inside or outside of the warranty period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back