TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Oct 28, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #7,066 of 24,683

This is from Trinity's kickstarter page:

1more's 'grammy award winning' thing is also related to marketing their triple driver IEM. They put it on every advertisement and website where they sell their products. From the reviews, their IEM sounds great, but not surprisingly amazing.

To add to your post, Dr. Dre has a grammy award...lol.

True but it's more people that are qualified and would agree.

Qualified = Years of schooling, certifications, designing, technical background, etc.

My fault, I misunderstood your first post.

Like @sup27606 said, I don't think having someone with a grammy award would do anything but attempt to boost sales.  I do agree that having someone qualified would be beneficial but think about it, no matter how many qualified people work together, there's no way of pleasing everyone.  With all the people purchasing Trinity headphones, there will be a percentage of people who will regret purchasing it because it just doesn't sound good to them.  Having the different filters, I'm hoping one of them will fit my tastes.  If not, then oh well, my fault for taking the risk.

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #7,067 of 24,683
Hey @Bobtrinity, I've got a question about the Phantom Air that isn't answered by any of the promotional material. How exactly does the charging case work? Does it sense when the battery is full? As in, if you put the Air inside, does it stop sending power once the batteries are full? I'd imagine that would be the design or else the case is sort of pointless since it would be leaking charge all the time. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks! Looking forward to seeing it next year.

Oct 29, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #7,068 of 24,683
  Hey @Bobtrinity, I've got a question about the Phantom Air that isn't answered by any of the promotional material. How exactly does the charging case work? Does it sense when the battery is full? As in, if you put the Air inside, does it stop sending power once the batteries are full? I'd imagine that would be the design or else the case is sort of pointless since it would be leaking charge all the time. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks! Looking forward to seeing it next year.

A question that is insightful, useful, completely relevant, on-topic and not asked/answered anywhere else?
basshead.gif

Are you sure you're posting on the right thread?
wink.gif

Just joking (before I incur the wrath of the thread lol).. I'm as guilty of idle banter or speculation as anyone else
beerchug.gif

Oct 29, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #7,069 of 24,683

A question that is insightful, useful, completely relevant, on-topic and not asked/answered anywhere else?
basshead.gif

wink.gif

Just joking (before I incur the wrath of the thread lol).. I'm as guilty of idle banter or speculation as anyone else
beerchug.gif

I'm mean you're doing idle banter in this very post... and so am I! 
eek.gif

Oct 29, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #7,070 of 24,683

basshead.gif

wink.gif

beerchug.gif

I'm mean you're doing idle banter in this very post... and so am I! 
eek.gif

At the risk of second guessing what Bob will say - many rechargable devices have circuitry that senses when the device has a full charge and then cuts of the flow of power

Oct 29, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #7,071 of 24,683
  Anyone know if the Bluetooth Lanyards support the AptX codec?

​It should. Not sure why it's not mentioned on the product page.
Quote from e-mail promoting them:
"Convert any detachable cable Trinity IEM into a bluetooth equipped IEM.
Our Bluetooth Lanyard is powered by the latest CSR bluetooth technology with AptX codec for CD quality streaming."

Oct 29, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #7,072 of 24,683

I am wondering how challenging would it be to tune the drivers while maintaining sonic integrity for both open and closed modes. I know this has been done before (Hifiman Edition S), but the reviews for those are not raving, considering the flexibility offered. Are there going to be two separate tuning circuits depending on which mode is selected?

Even if it is feasible, there is likely to be some compromise in terms of SQ, thats my belief.

To really make it sound good and not just the "uuhh thats different" when you change it from close to open and vice-versa i can imagine it will be a b****. I mean for example if it compromises the quality of the sound to my subjective perspective than i wont care if its close or open it will be just "one more product" like many out there that offer some "unique" characteristic but really lack in the most important thing (to me), sound.

Ofc i believe bob or any other responsible and good designer can make a good sounding product while minimizing the possible ill effects (if there are any) of the open-close mechanism but like you i also thought about the challenge of making them sound good (i wont even dare to say really good) but is definitely possible, at what price remains to be seen

At least, unlike other brands trinity prefers to have the lending ears of other non-trinity related people and that is a very good plus in my books, even better since i, more or less, like the same sound signature that one of the previewrs/reviewers enjoys, that makes it easier for me.

To sum it up i think it will be a challenge but it they stick to their policy of having other people help them with tunning then its feasible to have a good pair sounding good in both modes.

Oct 29, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #7,073 of 24,683

L3000.gif

"THE DISCOUNTED PRICE IS JUST FOR THOSE THAT PRE-ORDER BEFORE 30TH OCTOBER 2016."

It's happening....  Worlds first push/pull hybrid IEM!!   (with added sparkle
tongue.gif
)

Oct 29, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #7,074 of 24,683

L3000.gif

"THE DISCOUNTED PRICE IS JUST FOR THOSE THAT PRE-ORDER BEFORE 30TH OCTOBER 2016."

tongue.gif
)

Mexican Wave!
etysmile.gif

Oct 29, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #7,076 of 24,683

L3000.gif

tongue.gif
)

And it's so generous of Trinity Bob to provide 6 pairs of the PM4's per box for us early adopters!*
biggrin.gif

*extreme wishful thinking
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 29, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #7,077 of 24,683

And it's so generous of Trinity Bob to provide 6 pairs of IEM's per box for us early adopters!*
biggrin.gif

*extreme wishful thinking
tongue_smile.gif

lol  perfect for me cuz I have two right ears.
tongue.gif

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #7,079 of 24,683
Ermehrgerd.

So.. When is the PM4 shipping? Its the end of october and i havent got mine yet*

*yes im takinging the biscuit!
Im soooooo looking forward to getting these.. My IE60's are on their last legs.

Bob... A slightly serious question though... Do your IEMs require burn in?
My ie60's sounded like utter dog brown stuff for about 50 hrs.. I ended up leaving them playing on loop just to get them bedded in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back