TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Aug 1, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #20,701 of 24,683
All the company drama aside, my last IEM from Trinity came in today, the Icarus III, and all I can say is good Lord! The sub bass from the silver filters is all kinds of insane. I'm a devout basshead, loving the low end since way back when I was into loud car audio, but the silver filter is too much for even me to enjoy all the time. They will be my guilty pleasure on occasion, but I now need to find my every day filter. I've only tried a few, but I am getting what Bob meant when he said the Icarus line is more emotional. It's a fun and musical IEM where you forget you're testing it and you just end enjoying the hell out of your music. Damn, I hope Bob ends up somewhere else in this business, with an established company with a proven infrastructure. I'll be watching for that.
I received the Icarus III on Monday as the USPS tracking indicated. The built quality is pretty solid but will need a little time to get used to the cables.

I have only had a couple of hours of listening to the Icarus III today at work. They came with the purple/damper filter already installed. My first impression was that there is too much bass and the bass sounded muddy. I switched to the Vyrus gunmetal/damper filters that I happened to have with me and the bass got cleaned up a little bit. The mids and treble are smoother than the PM4 for sure. Will need more time with the Icarus III to have better idea if I will be selling the PM4.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #20,703 of 24,683
I was refused a refund because I was a KS backer.
@dave9527 had since mentioned that they meant it's easy if the creator agrees to it. In the sense that KS defers to the creator when refunds are in question. In this case, Trinity Audio is opting not to refund crowdfunding orders such as KS and IGG so @dave9527's statement does not apply.

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #20,705 of 24,683
Shoudn't they clear the backlog first?
Capture+_2017-08-02-08-19-38.png

Aug 1, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #20,712 of 24,683
Is it possible that all 72 unshipped Hunters belong to head-fiers?
I have one in queue
im still waiting for my hunters , i think it was possibly a typo in the email and should have read
  • We have shipped 72 Hunters globally leaving just 928 left to finishing building and ship (will ship within 321 days)
  • We have shipped 208 Master 6 (pre order and kickstarter) globally leaving 792 left to finish and ship (will ship within 321 days)

Aug 1, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #20,714 of 24,683
im still waiting for my hunters , i think it was possibly a typo in the email and should have read
  • We have shipped 72 Hunters globally leaving just 928 left to finishing building and ship (will ship within 321 days)
  • We have shipped 208 Master 6 (pre order and kickstarter) globally leaving 792 left to finish and ship (will ship within 321 days)

Yeah... Hence why I refunded. I just can't believe what they say anymore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back