TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 31, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #20,611 of 24,683
So just wrote my adieu email to trinity. By tonight, I will force a charge back on my credit card and contest all icarus line through paypal. The ordeal will be over and I can move on to a product line I actually believe in. Good luck to everyone who sticks to this rollercoaster ride.
I just received a refund on my Icarus III through paypal. I had to escalate it to a claim but they did honor my wish not to have it ship out of Alabama. Now if my Master that I sent back for repair comes to me when stock is replenished I'm one of the lucky ones.

Jul 31, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #20,612 of 24,683
I just received a refund on my Icarus III through paypal. I had to escalate it to a claim but they did honor my wish not to have it ship out of Alabama. Now if my Master that I sent back for repair comes to me when stock is replenished I'm one of the lucky ones.

Been trying to submit a claim through Paypal and I keep getting errors. THE ENTIRE WORLD IS AGAINST ME :O

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #20,615 of 24,683
Exactly. I believe that we will most likely never know 100% of what happened. We will just be given the official information and other's conjecture, and then be left to surmise our own story line.

Indeed, I feel the same way. I don't believe Jake was CS certified but as the wheels are falling off management tries to throw anything at the problem good or bad. I feel Bob and Jake were just trying to do the jobs they were hired for and the bad decision making was coming from those in power! I never knew the whole story of what was going on and some of Bob's email replies to me were sounding desperate as in I heard the words "Legal Action" which let me know things were a real mess at best. Everyone just needs to remember the old saying "Don't shoot the messenger", that being Jake and a Bob after June 1st for sure.

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #20,616 of 24,683

In meantime! Let me cook up a song for you over a Campfire! :k701smile:
It should inspire hope and warmth!

EVERYTHING's ready for production. Just that nothing's ready for shipping. And nothing's been coming out of production. But it's all been ready! I think we should expect delivery in Quarter 5 of this year. Stay optimistic, you may see a severely reduced value embodiment of your money soon! :p

Of the people that still frequent this thread, I'd say @fpessolano is probably the best resource regarding the qualities of the PM6. If you were curious about the Hunter (I know, you didn't order one, but why pass up an opportunity for a shameless plug of one's own work? :wink:), I have a full review of it posted here on Head-Fi and I believe @Jackpot77 has another full review of it in the pipeline.

Not really. There are some impressions from me and another couple of guys ... but that's it. If they shipped 3 master 6 they did ship 10 hunter :)

Thanks for the info and "encouragement" guys. Sad to see that despite the claimed numbers so few head-fiers have gotten them to write about it.

Speaking of campfires... I did audition the campfire andromeda and Jupiter. Both felt a touch sibilant to me. Does this probably mean I should stock up on dampener foam for my mythical PM6?

For background I've been using the Westone 4 since it came out. The best universal that describes my preferred sound in recent memory is the Unique Melody Miracle v2, although it's out of stock where I am and can't bring my self to pay the 50% premium getting it online.

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #20,619 of 24,683
Someone jog my memory but i could swear that's what Bob said after leaving Rockjaw to form Trinity...because he wanted freedom with no compromisses, or something like that. Maybe i was daydreaming but i don't think i was.

Your memory is absolutely correct and the pattern seems to be a bit disconcerting. I checked out of this thread some time ago when I got out of the Trinity debacle once I finally got my Masters and feel bad some of the same folks are still circling the landing field. As far as the new guys credentials I'm going to say wait and see as I know of dozens whose online resume is no where near up to date, including my own.

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #20,620 of 24,683
Your memory is absolutely correct and the pattern seems to be a bit disconcerting. I checked out of this thread some time ago when I got out of the Trinity debacle once I finally got my Masters and feel bad some of the same folks are still circling the landing field. As far as the new guys credentials I'm going to say wait and see as I know of dozens whose online resume is no where near up to date, including my own.

Yeah, but the question remains who takes over as a head audio engineer or designer in place of Bob. This as a side note, since this is the question probably already solved internally at Trinity Audio.

Jul 31, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #20,621 of 24,683
Thanks for the info and "encouragement" guys. Sad to see that despite the claimed numbers so few head-fiers have gotten them to write about it.

Speaking of campfires... I did audition the campfire andromeda and Jupiter. Both felt a touch sibilant to me. Does this probably mean I should stock up on dampener foam for my mythical PM6?

For background I've been using the Westone 4 since it came out. The best universal that describes my preferred sound in recent memory is the Unique Melody Miracle v2, although it's out of stock where I am and can't bring my self to pay the 50% premium getting it online.
Some sibilance might be normal. It happens in live events too.

It could be pm6 is just shooting out whats given in with emphasis from certain filters.

Jul 31, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #20,622 of 24,683
This is all so sad.
We had a chief designer involved in the community, asking for feedback and taking the advice into consideration.
A customer representative who was praised until no later than 3-4 months ago.
A company producing excellent IEMs (most will agree with that) at a very hard to beat price (especially at pre-order price).
Everything that was built in a 18 months time frame collapsing in 6 months time.
And the same company now targets one unnamed employee, but everyone knows who they referred to, as the one responsible person for taking all the blame, but still keeping him onboard (sorry, should I be as an employee responsible for such a mess, I'd be not only fired, but also possibly suit in a court), and lets us know its head of design is leaving.
Please excuse my attitude/feelings, but this is a very sad day for me.
Jake has my sympathy, and so does @Bobtrinity , I wish them both the best for the future, especially the near future for the ones staying within the company...

Jul 31, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #20,623 of 24,683
I have been out of the game for about a month now and had sort of drifted away from worrying about trinity , i have to say getting that email yesterday just made me feel angry the more and more they try to dig out of the hole they created with more as far as I'm concerned dishonesty the more there upsetting people.
Since yesterday there has virtually been not one positive comment about them on here , no one is believing anything anymore even if any of it is true.
They cried wolf too many times and now it's biting them big time.
Who ever owns trinity has not learned anything from the past 6 months going on that email update , I'm going to try and get off there mailing list.

Bob you made some great iems , delta, sabre, master so keep going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back