TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 25, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #20,268 of 24,683
Looks like that Valhalla 2 gonna be filling a longer gap....hope you get a result soon .

Thankfully I've just rolled in some 6N23P 70's Reflektor tubes. That'll keep me company along with my ZS5's that arrived in the mail today.

Jul 25, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #20,273 of 24,683
Had a listen to icarus III with all the filters. Are they tuned the same as the previous phantom offerings?

Anyways to my ears, I don't like any of the dampened versions of the Purple,silver or golds, sounds veiled.

The ones I'm liking are the red and silver undampened. Although these are meant to be v shaped, they seem to do cleaner mids whilst boosting bass. I feel the red has the edge for bass and the silver puts a slight cold tilt to it. The gunmetal sounds a bit too recssed in the mids and bass sounds a bit bloated at times for my liking.

The green as per Trinity website are meant to sound more mid focused however it still sounds veiled compared to the silver and reds.

I am comparing these with the Atlas and they aren't really any better for me, just a bit different. The atlas sounds crisper with very clean mids and the shape is perfect for my comfort and fit. The icarus III do look very smart and are a bit more laid back but the difference is not massive. The atlas also more sensitive than the icarus. Isolation is similar, perhaps ever so slightly better on the icarus iii.

Anyways feel free to diasagree, I am too tired to distinguish the differences to what i am listening too.

Jul 25, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #20,274 of 24,683
All this talk of you guys getting the IcyIII has me excited, guessing mine are another week out here in the middle of the US!! But like a few of you others this is holding me over:wink:

ZSN53.JPG

All things considered a pretty bangin' iem for $21!

Jul 25, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #20,275 of 24,683
Guys, Quickly been testing the ic iii. Straight up, these sound good, im a silver/red filter guy and I also enjoy black filters.

Straight from the phone, these sound good, better to my ears than the masters.

I just fed these through the cayin c5 portable amp in both gains with bass boost.... sound quality is banging. Huge enveloping sound coming out of these bad boys for my tastes. Using UAPP with no EQ.

Im using large kombi tips, these also fit better than masters to my ears, these are what I imagine everyone was hoping for in the original pm4. No hotness to my ears either.

The bass hits with a very visceral, low boom which feels like its vibrating in your ears when amp'd. My mojo is charging, be interesting to see how they pair with the mojo.

These are a fun quality IEM but that is just my quick impression and it's late. I know I will be real happy with these. I'll leave these to play for the rest of the days while im in work for the next week or two, incase it does actually make a difference. For the EQ heads, be interesting to see your thoughts on how these take to EQ with the 11mm driver.

Usual high quality build like the masters, don't feel as heavy though.

Sorry it may seem a bit vague but ye, im happy, sound is clear, spacious, no blaring cons to the sound to my ears considering my filter choices and music which is mainly bass heavy hip hop, trap music, rock, acoustic.

Sound decent off the phone s8, amp these and it's real, real good....

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #20,278 of 24,683
These KZ ZS5's are pretty fantastic

Just got my ZS5 yesterday. Earpieces a shade smaller than the Master. Decent sound, but I'm not good at evaluating audio.

Also ordered the BT cable. Like the cable. Relatively short (20") except it has memory wire which I don't care for. BT module is small and light. I think the only controls are on/off/play/pause/up vol/down vol.

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #20,279 of 24,683
Would you say it's bass heavy, rich and emotional? How is the treble, any sibilance noticed?
Cheers - good to hear that you are enjoying them.

Bass seems good so far. I've mostly tried the silver filters, but a short go of the reds suggests there's a bit more punch there (also seems to like the extra power on the i5).
The only trinity thing I have to compare is the Hyperion and they're better than those (though the Hyperion is easier to get a good fit with, advantage of the small size).

Treble seems good too, though I have been trying the cl750 as well so maybe comparing the Icarus to the sharpness of that exaggerates my opinion (definitely prefer the Icarus overall)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back