TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Jul 25, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #20,251 of 24,683
Someone must have liked the goldplated Hyperion, because they are sold out. :)
Not too difficult, since there were only 2 pairs..:wink:
And the standard Hyperion is also sold out - I wonder if we will ever see these made again? Glad I got my gunmetal set for a tenner whilst they were available - use them every day in the gym, the fit is just perfect for exercising.
So if the Hunter, Master and PM6 are all gone, what are Trinity going to continue to sell long-term, just Vyrus and Icarus? Curious what the plan is.

Jul 25, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #20,252 of 24,683
Bob told me yesterday that my Icarus III has been shipped Saturday. That's good news. While waiting for it, I bought Noble X, however their darkish sound signature doesn't suit my taste. Hopefully I'll be more impressed by Icarus III.

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #20,253 of 24,683
Bob told me yesterday that my Icarus III has been shipped Saturday. That's good news. While waiting for it, I bought Noble X, however their darkish sound signature doesn't suit my taste. Hopefully I'll be more impressed by Icarus III.

Something must have gone wrong with the PM6 manufacturing if the Icarus III is shipping but not the remainder of the PM6s. I paid extra for tracked, express shipping and have not yet gotten a shipping number despite being assured that my PM6 would ship that week - two weeks ago.

Coincidentally I had a listen to the Noble Savanna, Dulce and Django and I quite like what they offered. I am seriously thinking of asking for a refund at this point. Never thought my threshold would come but it does seem to be here.

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #20,254 of 24,683
@Klonatans where are you located? wondering about Icarus III shipping to the U.S. Looks like a few went out last week and then quiet.

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #20,257 of 24,683
Kiera indicated that Icarus3 are shipping. Hunter ... first Jake says stock arrives this week, now Kieran in 21 days.
I asked for a refund of all my outstanding orders also indicating I will refuse to pay the penalty. In case I will escalate to paypal.
If all goes fine, PM6 is my last (and very enjoyable) IEM

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #20,259 of 24,683
Kiera indicated that Icarus3 are shipping. Hunter ... first Jake says stock arrives this week, now Kieran in 21 days.
I asked for a refund of all my outstanding orders also indicating I will refuse to pay the penalty. In case I will escalate to paypal.
If all goes fine, PM6 is my last (and very enjoyable) IEM

This is weird; another 21 days for PM6 and hunter?

Jul 25, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #20,261 of 24,683
Well my KS5 arrived yesterday - these things sound amazing for the price.
So far only had about 90 minutes with them - they have a little too much bass in the sound signature for my taste, mids seem slightly muddy but hey, these things were under $30.
I didn't spring for the upgraded cable or anything and I am running them with plenty of volume from my work Thinkpad w/ spotify premium -> original schiit fulla.

Jul 25, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #20,262 of 24,683
I was kinda sad that I would cancel PM6 for Icarus IV (due to preference in sonic signatures not because of delivery.) But Im not sad anymore.
I was never gonna get it anyways lol.

If Icarus IV arrives it can my Lyra's little sister and take over duties of Vyrus V1.

Gonna retire it and keep the Vyrus in a box.
:p

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #20,264 of 24,683
Well, been listening to the Icarus for a while using the silver filters and a variety of tips, and so far it sounds very nice, is quite comfortable, but the isolation isn't as good as some others (when wearing them while walking outside with cars etc going past. Probably better for safety though I suppose!), still needs more testing though.

I just got a reply from Kieran saying that the PM-6 will be ready for shipping in 21 days, and saying he will cancel it if I still want to. If I hadn't already got that Trinity Litz cable I definately would cancel, and at this point I may very well just cancel anyway (guess i'll just have to get hold of something else with the same connections :wink: ).

At the point when I ordered the PM-6 (last August) it was at the high end of what i wanted to spend on an IEM (hence going for that rather than the Hunter or something), but I've been rethinking that more recently, and as it happens I just got a bonus from work somewhat larger than expected, to the point where putting that together with the money from the PM-6 puts me into the area of things like DK-3001/Sage/etc just from money i'd already spent or didn't expect to have, so plenty of things to think about there :wink:.

On a 'cheaper' note, I also got a CL750 last week (of course, buying something else summoned the Icarus!):
players.png

The cable on the CL750 is very nice, but I prefer the sound of the Icarus, and of course the 750 needs much more power (I had to run the M1 at double my usual volume level to get a nice level) - the I5 has a much better go at it.
Actually, I did have to run the volume on the M1 a little higher with the Icarus that with a few other IEMs (Trinity, why don't you list the power specs on these things?).

Also using a voucher that ebay sent me to join the ZST club, may as well have something at the bargain end to play with as well :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back