Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Jan 23, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #2,776 of 2,949
Which model is in that order, I looked and I ordered my Icarus 1 Mar. 23rd, 2017. I'm pretty sure that thing has been scrapped and I'm not really holding my breath but then again I'm fortunate that I'm only out 10 pounds, some of you guys I feel have gotten reamed badly:open_mouth: I will say I've really been enjoying some guys new R1, he's finally charging what his wares are truly worth and not over extending since he does not have the same backing he had or at least was promised in a prior life:rolling_eyes: Been a very hard lesson for more than just one:thinking: We all move on and so shall he, just not drinking anyone else's Kool Aid this time:wink:

R1's on Juice.JPG

Jan 28, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #2,777 of 2,949
Absolutely don't let this turn you off from audio products. I won't say my tenure here has been long (just a few years), but TAE is the only time I've had such a terrible experience. Sad considering in their first year or so, they were just as good, if not better, than many of the other audio companies. I've dealt with several other audio companies that are fantastic. I've never had a bad experience with the likes of MEEAudio, JH Audio, Campfire Audio, Sennheiser, Fostex, Empire Ears, or even Chinese companies like VSonic (which is admittedly one of the best Chinese companies I've come across). Heck, I was once looking to get a standard 2-pin cable from Empire Ears, but I didn't want the memory wire and their leader Jack Vang (who's pretty active here) told me they could do it and I gave them my Paypal for them to give me an invoice. They sent out the cable to me 3 separate times because the postal service was crap at my old apartment and the first two went into the ether. I felt so bad that they had to waste two good cables on me, I gave them my parent's address to send to instead because it was a residential home and there was a much better chance they wouldn't waste another cable lost in the post. All service with the most gracious of attitudes.

So don't let this experience discourage you. You may have been incredibly unlucky this time, but TAE's bumbling is certainly not the norm. Lots of good companies out there that truly deserve the praise they get.
I had a bad experience with Practical Devices too. Love my Fiio X5-III , unfortunately the screen is starting to crack (should've bought another when I found it for $300). Recently retired and disposable income took a big hit. I'm in the process of putting together an AMD Threadripper (1950X) system and pricing/availability of GPUs and RAM is making that a challenge, can't afford to do as much anymore.

I get mad at myself for not doing a refund 6 months ago. I did get the cables I ordered (6 months late) for the Hunters. Would've preferred the other way around - I could use the Hunters without the cable, but the cable is useless without the Hunters.

Feb 1, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #2,778 of 2,949
Hi, Do you guys know if theres any way to get a refund from them now? I spent $300 on I think Master's almost a year ago, and I purchased from their website. Alternatively, if anyone has any companies I can check out that be great. I swore by Trinity before but obviously I can't purchase form them now, I'd still like to look for new headphones or earbuds. I'm not an audiophile and I don't understand the jargon or know many companies so..

Feb 1, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #2,779 of 2,949
I am in the midst of trying to get even a response from Kieren about a refund. But I have not gotten a response in two emails. I wish I could tell you there was a refund. I also bought direct from the website. Hasn't helped yet. If it does I'll let everyone know.

Feb 1, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #2,780 of 2,949
It's truly sad but I'm afraid for those who have not gotten a refund by this point may very well be SOL:scream: Very akin to a Government Shutdown:rolling_eyes:

Feb 1, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #2,781 of 2,949
I am in the midst of trying to get even a response from Kieren about a refund. But I have not gotten a response in two emails. I wish I could tell you there was a refund. I also bought direct from the website. Hasn't helped yet. If it does I'll let everyone know.

Same here re the non-response from Kieran. I was supposed to receive a refund some time ago, but haven't heard back from him.

Feb 1, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #2,782 of 2,949
Thanks. It's just sad that I really used to be proud of my earbuds I got from them in their first Kickstarter. I trusted them enough to buy again finally last year and it just so happens it was during the worst possible time, before anybody saw this coming. I've been scammed before but not for so much.

Feb 2, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #2,787 of 2,949
Someone in the other Trinity thread got the following response in an email from Kieran:

"Right ok, we will start the process of refunding your order , just so that you understand , We have many refunds in queue to be processed at the moment, so we are working through them as quickly and as financially possible as we can."

So, at this point I wouldn't hold my breath when it comes to refunds. There's a really good chance the website and phones are down because they can't pay the bills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back