Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Aug 18, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #2,506 of 2,949
Anyone heard anything about the Icarus I&II? Last quote was due to go into production (6/6/17) soon. lol

Aug 19, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #2,507 of 2,949
Folks, until we KNOW what's what with Bob and IMR and Trinity, no one can make any intelligent accusations. For all we know, IMR is a wholly owned subsidiary of Trinity set up to let Bob do what he wants... and Bob's one of the (primary?) owner of Trinity. i.e. it could all be on the up-and-up and NOTHING is wrong.... COULD BE. Why must everyone jump to horrendous nasty conclusions without KNOWING? Come on!

Aug 19, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #2,508 of 2,949
Insane.jpg

Aug 20, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #2,509 of 2,949
My point is no one is ever really scrubber from data bases, too many points of memory:rolling_eyes:

With the upcoming GDPR regulations, you WILL be required to scrub people completely if that is what they request unless you can prove that this information is required. It will be a legal obligation to do so. Failure will also be dealt with, currently you can be fined around £500,000 - GDPR moves this up to £10,000,000!

As an example, Talk Talk was fined 400,000 for a data protection leak. After next May they would get 4,400,000!

Aug 25, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #2,516 of 2,949
Responding to the title of this thread: Trinity's future holds FIRE AND BRIMSTONE.

That is all.

Truly a bad case of "Feel the Burn" eh! I don't seem to see much damage control for sure:rolling_eyes:

Aug 25, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #2,518 of 2,949
Sep 4, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #2,519 of 2,949
Trinity Audio Blog
What happens next?
Aug 24, 2017

I have been given the unenviable job of making some large and drastic changes to Trinity and wanted to share what those things are with you our customers.

Lets first look at some of the issues.

Firstly we have had the issue of having too many models on pre order. The advanced pay pre order is a blessing and a curse, its a blessing as it allows better cash flow for the company and also offers you our customers the oportunity to get products at a substantially lower cost than you can buy elsewhere for the same spec and quality, its a curse as a small minority don't seem to quite get the model and can cause some massive issues for customer service and also reputation.

Some of you may have noticed that customer service response times have now been stepped up and are currently getting a reply within 1-2 days (excluding weekends), 1000+ Phantom Air are being shipped, Master 6 and the final few hunters.

We are preparing to get ready to ship the Icarus IV and will start shipping those once the above is cleared and are making some final changes to Icarus I & II shells so these can start shipping too.

The biggest issues that I see are that we have had too many models, or too many models on pre order and trying to juggle so much just isn't workable and nor does it help us build a reputation on some of our excellent models and for dealers the ever changing line up just does not work.

I have had to make some tough decisions on what stays and what goes. I have decided that there will be a revised version of the Vyrus which will be more ergonomic, the Icarus III will be refreshed and will be a combination of the Icarus III & IV and finally I will be bringing back the Hunter but with a different driver setup and will be called the Hunter X. All other models will be discontinued. As I am sure you will understand this will not happen overnight and so the Vyrus will return initially with the reworked Icarus III and Hunter X coming back at the end of the year.

Moving forward past the above how we will sell is going to change, there will be no direct sales to countries that we have dealers/distributors and you will have to buy from your local authorised dealer. There will also be no huge discounting going on and we will only have sales during black Friday and possibly Christmas/New year sales.

Over the rest of this year we will be slowly moving the operational side of Trinity to the USA.

The core values that Trinity started with, high end sound but sensible pricing will not stop but all done in a far more controlled manner.

Unfortunately free shipping has now ended. Shipping costs on the amount we ship have become unpalatable and when looking at the wider picture the amount of money that can be reinvested for development and stock is huge and by now adding a small charge for shipping this can now be part of committing more money to products as we move forward.

For some these changes will have come to late but for the huge amount of you that have been our hardcore supporters will welcome and understand these changes.

We will be clearing some old stock or last remaining in stock items shortly, so watch out for a separate email.

I will try and update you as much as possible via the site blog/news section as often as is necessary .

From Me and all the Trinity team we look forward to serving your audio needs.

Sep 4, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #2,520 of 2,949
So my understanding is that there will be no more Master or PM6. Also the Icarus III & IV will be combined into one Icarus model. Which means the Trinity lineup will be comprised of 3 models - the new Vyrus, new Icarus & Hunter X.

Meanwhile they are clearing out "old stock" although they don't specify what models. I'm assuming Master, Icarus III & Icarus IV. 1000+ Airs are scheduled to be shipped, as well as PM6. I still haven't heard anything from them regarding my order for a pair of Atlas Deltas & they've never addressed this either here or on their website. The only reason I haven't contacted them regarding this is because I want to see what they say when they finally do get around to trying to fulfill this order. What a sh!tshow. Oh yeah, I'm still waiting for my 8-wire cables for my Hunter. Also, who is the "I" & "Me" in the above update? I'm guessing he/she/it didn't want to provide a name so we wouldn't be able to call anyone out. There's no accountability.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back