Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Sep 5, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #2,536 of 2,949
I would have used another wording. À la "I have NOT received my PM6/Hunter" as I have the option (as far as I am concerned) to chose "I have received my PM6", but I wouldn't tick the other options as I have not ordered them in the first place...
Just a thought...

Yeah, I used a quick online survey method which doesn't let me edit after the fact. :wink: Sorry!

Sep 5, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #2,537 of 2,949
Considering airs are shipping, but pm6 and hunters are still no shows for a lot of people, I'm running a survey. Circulate the link as much as you can in order to see the true head-fi picture of the situation.

Vote: https://goo.gl/tg1XCX
Results: https://goo.gl/QUJSKP

It's a little disconcerting that out of 20 odd answers, 3/4th didn't receive their order... :\

Sep 7, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #2,538 of 2,949
Well I JUST got this email 6 hours ago, I had sent a few and there was various back and forth.

Hello Jeffery,
I know this will be hard for you to believe due to the previous promises, but we will be shipping the Hunters next week/the following week.
I do appreciate you voicing your thoughts (even if harsh), because it gives me an understanding of your situation.
If there is anything else you’d like to ask or need help with, please feel free to email me.
Regards,

Kieran
Trinity Audio Engineering Ltd

Sep 7, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #2,539 of 2,949
Well I JUST got this email 6 hours ago, I had sent a few and there was various back and forth.

Hello Jeffery,
I know this will be hard for you to believe due to the previous promises, but we will be shipping the Hunters next week/the following week.
I do appreciate you voicing your thoughts (even if harsh), because it gives me an understanding of your situation.
If there is anything else you’d like to ask or need help with, please feel free to email me.
Regards,

Kieran
Trinity Audio Engineering Ltd
Well at least he realizes that they've continually missed the "next week" shipping target. Still not putting much faith in the proposed timeline.

Sep 7, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #2,540 of 2,949
Well I posted as a service to other head-fi members as well as myself. They do read this forum and they do know its make or break time.

I did question him about the Hunter X.... I have not even seen my Hunter yet and they are already talking about redoing the driver arrangement?
I mean I am NOT trying to be difficult but I am going to wait 10-11 months give or take, NOT have it yet and they are ALREADY announcing a different/improved version?
It does give you food for thought.. He said I should see my airs soon too in the previous email... We will see...

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #2,541 of 2,949
Well at least he realizes that they've continually missed the "next week" shipping target. Still not putting much faith in the proposed timeline.

I don't understand why they keep saying "next week" when they know very well that it won't be next week. Like, how stupid are these people. They're literally doing the bare minimum of a response just so people can't use non-responsive as a reason when disputing with the credit card company.

Sep 13, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #2,542 of 2,949
I just got a set of Icarus iii's and I got them to sing by doing the following:

Gun metal filters for me
Campfire Audio foam tips, one of my faves
Replace the cable! The stock cable pumps up the bass and kills transients and detail. It doesn't matter what filters you use, they all sound bad. I switched out the cable with a silver lined one and the magic happened. They sound terrific now. After a few days of listening, I went back to the original cable. Yuck-a-Rama!

Change out the cable and you have a real winner here.

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #2,544 of 2,949

Gun metal filters for me
Replace the cable! The stock cable pumps up the bass and kills transients and detail. It doesn't matter what filters you use, they all sound bad. I switched out the cable with a silver lined one and the magic happened. They sound terrific now. After a few days of listening, I went back to the original cable. Yuck-a-Rama!

I assume that you recabled them. Do you have a picture of how it looks now without their proprietary cable solution?

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:31 AM Post #2,546 of 2,949
I wish I was that good to do full recable job on them. I left the cables to the ear pieces intact, and just replaced the rest of the cable from the quick disconnect. It made a big difference to my ears.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. No to be disrespectful but I find it hard to believe that changing about half the cable can make an audible difference. Personally I've very very rarely heard any difference between cables (only case is really when cables has different resistance) but I know this is a highly debatable subject so a big YMMV will surely apply :)

Sep 14, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #2,547 of 2,949

Gun metal filters for me

Are you sure it's just not placebo effect? I mean, you are using gunmetal filters (heavy bass) with foam tips (to me at least also an increase in bass) and then you blame the cable for pumping up the bass.

Still i am all ears for improving my Icarus.

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #2,548 of 2,949
I stand by my statement about the cable. I switched out the cable several times over a week, and I can certainly tell when the volume of bass drops out. It's considerable. I agree that normally this shouldn't really work, just replacing 'half' the cable, but it does for me in this case. The gun metal filters sound balanced to me, and even Trinity says so when explaining what each filter does:
  • GUNMETAL (Smooth) = Natural. Offering a more balanced sound signature across the frequencies.
I went through all the filters and gunmetal is the ones I liked the most, and I went through all the filters before and after I switched the cable. Here is the link to the cable I switched to: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-3-5mm-3...var=580244812775&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

dirt cheap too. I saw somewhere that others like this cable, hence my purchase of this cable off of epray. I have two of them.

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #2,549 of 2,949
I stand by my statement about the cable. I switched out the cable several times over a week, and I can certainly tell when the volume of bass drops out. It's considerable. I agree that normally this shouldn't really work, just replacing 'half' the cable, but it does for me in this case. The gun metal filters sound balanced to me, and even Trinity says so when explaining what each filter does:
  • GUNMETAL (Smooth) = Natural. Offering a more balanced sound signature across the frequencies.
I went through all the filters and gunmetal is the ones I liked the most, and I went through all the filters before and after I switched the cable. Here is the link to the cable I switched to: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-3-5mm-3Pole-Mini-Stereo-Male-Gold-Jack-Plug-Audio-Headphone-Car-Aux-Cable/281199686467?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=580244812775&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

dirt cheap too. I saw somewhere that others like this cable, hence my purchase of this cable off of epray. I have two of them.
I don't personally believe in the cable swap stuff, no offense to anything you're hearing of course. To me, it's usually just explained by the electrical properties of the cables; I don't have any numbers or research, but @Brooko can explain this topic way better than me. I get cables for ergonomic reasons only.
All that said, there's an explanation for the different sound by changing out the cable below the detachable point if the design stayed true to what Bob had explained regarding the wiring. Supposedly, the section above the y-split is "the good stuff" (maybe SPC? Don't remember what he said) and the point of that was that the non-detachable part of the cable would never be the limitation on changes to sound via cable material.

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #2,550 of 2,949
Maybe the original cable was faulty?
Only time I noticed a slight difference when it comes to Cables was with UE900.
Some cables may sound a bit different but not necessarily better.
Not saying it can't happen but I assume your original Trinity cable was faulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back