Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Aug 17, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #2,491 of 2,949
I personally asked Bob to keep my info, what went down at Trinity was not Bob's fault (maybe just a wee bit of a learning curve) but he is sure not operating at in in their behalf. I knew it was not going to be long before those who put all the blame on him would show up here, I mean the whole place is public and don't think that all your privacy is not known far more than you think by far more than you think:wink: Google yourself some time or just call in another Pizza and let the little lady say oh is this you and are we having our usual! Privacy, surely you jest:rolling_eyes:
look up the definition of consent.

Poro1... sending and having an email list from a different company and using it to send unsolicited mails is a Data Breach. If Bob's "New Company" took over Trinity that is a different matter but still open to interpretation. If my client email address got misplaced lost I have to report this to the appropriate authorities in my Country.

this is correct. not to mention those of us who unsubscribed from the trinity emails and expected to be scrubbed from their database.

Aug 17, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #2,492 of 2,949
Poro1... sending and having an email list from a different company and using it to send unsolicited mails is a Data Breach. If Bob's "New Company" took over Trinity that is a different matter but still open to interpretation. If my client email address got misplaced lost I have to report this to the appropriate authorities in my Country.
I understand, but considering the amount of information that is collected completely legally and cleverly by big companies (and illegally by big nations, including UK, USA, China and Russia) I found this data breach quite irrelevant..

However, I can very well understand the anger after all the trouble with Trinity.

Aug 17, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #2,493 of 2,949
Podster.. if the little lady gave the customer email address to another person who sent out emails advertising a new pizza place. That's a Data Breach. I know this stuff as I work for an email marketing company here in the ROI.

How about if your beloved pizza chef from a corner restaurant would start her own pizza place and send you an e-mail of the new place. I can see that it can be against regulation, but would still be happy getting the mail.

Aug 17, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #2,494 of 2,949
What you think doesn't make sense, because:

1) He used the same contact list

2) He use the same freaking address.

Them, Trinity and Bob can all go to hell as far as i am concerned, this is as low as you can get.

If this is really new trinity under the same owners, then this would be really quite nasty setting.. To the best of my understanding this is not the case.

Aug 17, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #2,495 of 2,949
@voxie

I realize that and I also realize data breaches happen all the time and most of the time nothing ever happens. How do you think we get on telemarketing/email list or get bombarded with spam. IMHO the least Trinity could do for Bob is allow him to email his customer base because without Bob they would not have even had a customer base. People get too worked up over the wrong things, if Bob was giving out your SSN or card numbers that would be different but basically anybody and their brother can get your mailing/email or phone numbers anymore.

Like I said you should do what you need to do, maybe you can take him down single handedly but the Big Old USA has not taken down Snowden or Papa (JA) Wikileaks! Bob's new title could be Chief Engineer/Ace Hacker @ IMR:hushed: No doubt the unraveling of Trinity has brought out some of the best haters in many and that is what happens whenever Corporate raises their proverbial heads. I'm like 100% sure Bob's business acumen was no where near his engineering abilities when his enthusiasm got him started but with that said I bet it's ramped up about 90% now.

In the infamous words of the late great Leslie Nielson "Everybody move along, nothing to see here" (In this technology driven world of today it was best put as "Unsubscribe"

Aug 17, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #2,496 of 2,949
@poro1 , we all do hear them differently and many of us have found some pretty wild anomalies with the PM4. I'm glad you enjoy yours and get what you want out of them, still a good looking design and sweet build but for some of us they lack some coherence.

I'm one of the blessed ones who do not have any trouble with the highs of PM4's.. I also agree that they are not perfect for everything, but for slow jazz and so one they are still my number one choice. The build quality is irritating though. My left side is cutting out all the time..

Funny thing is that mine are far more power hungry than Icarus or Masters. Cranking volume up makes very slow increase in volume level.. Almost double volume needed against Icarus iii.

Aug 17, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #2,497 of 2,949
How about if your beloved pizza chef from a corner restaurant would start her own pizza place and send you an e-mail of the new place. I can see that it can be against regulation, but would still be happy getting the mail.
Don't mean to come across a holier than thou on this matter..but this what I do to make a living. It just goes against every thing my company stands for:beerchug:

Aug 17, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #2,498 of 2,949
Don't mean to come across a holier than thou on this matter..but this what I do to make a living. It just goes against every thing my company stands for:beerchug:

My point is no one is ever really scrubber from data bases, too many points of memory:rolling_eyes: Glad your a company man, I just try to be realistic since and even if these people do neglect their responsibilities to customers the law rarely does anything! @dullknives I do know what consent means but that too ignored far too often, loved the reply...............you don't happen to be an Attorney are you?

Aug 17, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #2,499 of 2,949

I agree that one should be very careful with this type of issues. However, I'm not sure if the biggest problems in the field are related on incidents of the type we are now discussing.
I think far more horrible things can be done completely legally and legislation is very slow to react on these things. Just as well dipping my feet little on the crypto side has made me quite disillusioned on what nice people can do to protect their information..

Aug 17, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #2,500 of 2,949
My point is no one is ever really scrubber from data bases, too many points of memory:rolling_eyes: Glad your a company man, I just try to be realistic since and even if these people do neglect their responsibilities to customers the law rarely does anything! @dullknives I do know what consent means but that too ignored far too often, loved the reply...............you don't happen to be an Attorney are you?
not an attorney but i also work in a field that deals with and takes consumer privacy and the laws protecting them very seriously. and yes, people are permanently scrubbed from databases all the time.

Aug 17, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #2,501 of 2,949
not an attorney but i also work in a field that deals with and takes consumer privacy and the laws protecting them very seriously. and yes, people are permanently scrubbed from databases all the time.

Oh, OK:slight_smile:

Aug 17, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #2,502 of 2,949
Councils and other big businesses all sell client contact lists, In the UK you can look at the Land registry details of anyone if you pay. In the states you can look up anyones phone numbers, email addresses. This is Big Brother world

Aug 17, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #2,503 of 2,949
I agree that one should be very careful with this type of issues. However, I'm not sure if the biggest problems in the field are related on incidents of the type we are now discussing.
I think far more horrible things can be done completely legally and legislation is very slow to react on these things. Just as well dipping my feet little on the crypto side has made me quite disillusioned on what nice people can do to protect their information..
Councils and other big businesses all sell client contact lists, In the UK you can look at the Land registry details of anyone if you pay. In the states you can look up anyones phone numbers, email addresses. This is Big Brother world
Councils and other big businesses all sell client contact lists, In the UK you can look at the Land registry details of anyone if you pay. In the states you can look up anyones phone numbers, email addresses. This is Big Brother
Different argument.. its called unsolicited marketing. Trinity can sell its data base BUT its against the law here not to inform and ask for permission to send emails to the same data base. Maybe its more lacks in the UK.

Aug 17, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #2,504 of 2,949
Thanks for the replies guys!

After reading @Intensecure excellent overview (still can't find it on the Icarus III product page) I started out with the dampened gold filters and then went on to the blue ones as Podster suggested. After being underwhelmed by the stock purple filter both the others are really good to my ears. I've only had a couple of hours listening but can already tell that these are easily the best Trinity IEM's I've heard so far (I own the original Delta, Techne and PM4 as well) and for a sub $100 price they're great value. All my listening so far is through the Opus #1.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the fact that a balanced cable was included but I don't care much for the clumsy solution with the 3.5mm jack hanging on my chest.

They also look absolutely fabulous and in opposite to Podster I find the to sound their best with one red and one blue faceplate :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #2,505 of 2,949
Thanks for the replies guys!

After reading @Intensecure excellent overview (still can't find it on the Icarus III product page) I started out with the dampened gold filters and then went on to the blue ones as Podster suggested. After being underwhelmed by the stock purple filter both the others are really good to my ears. I've only had a couple of hours listening but can already tell that these are easily the best Trinity IEM's I've heard so far (I own the original Delta, Techne and PM4 as well) and for a sub $100 price they're great value. All my listening so far is through the Opus #1.

Did you see they found some old back stock on the Techne's and I had to order a replacement pair since my 16 year old confiscated mine! 49 pounds is still a deal for me on them:wink:

I was also pleasantly surprised by the fact that a balanced cable was included but I don't care much for the clumsy solution with the 3.5mm jack hanging on my chest. That does not bother me so much but it sure would have been nice if I could have gotten one with 2.5 on the other end so I could have used it balanced on my Opy#1:thinking:

They also look absolutely fabulous and in opposite to Podster I find the to sound their best with one red and one blue faceplate :wink:
And here I just thought that was for dummies who could not figure out their left from right without paint by numbers:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back