Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Aug 15, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #2,461 of 2,949
My Icarus III arrived last week. Just a quick review mabe someone will find useful.
My main IEMs are Westone 4W and I am rather satisfied, i was just lookiung for cheaper alternative.
Icarus III are comfortable. Even without extensive play with earbuds. This is surprising with their size and weight. Noise isolation is poor - no good for airplane or subway.
I am not really chasing for best sound, so sound is OK. I messed a little with filters and it made things better for my taste.
But there was one big surprise for me. Recently I was doing some research about crazy black suicidal depressive metal. For myself I prefer jazz - I needed this for my projet. I found this music really scary and disturbing.
So, with Icarus III I tried different genres and finally ended up with some scandinavian creepy band. The result was shocking. It sounded just fine, not scary. Just like good old Black Sabbath. When I put on my Westones - it is unsettling again with this feeling of an empty dark room with all creepy noises etc.
Maybe it has something to do with isolation, I do not know, but I find it interersting.
Overall, I am rather happy with those headphones. I was worrying about weight and size. But they are fine.
Jazz sounds fine, maybe a bit harsh, but overall clear and pleasant.
So this is a decent pair of headphones especially considering the price.

Aug 15, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #2,462 of 2,949
Hey guys, my icarus iii are on its way, and I'm planning to buy cayin c5 amp, will the icarus III benefit from using an amp? My dap is dx90. I really need your advice :D thanks

I can't speak for the DX90 because I've never owned an iBasso product (something else always got in the way)! But the C5 is a killer amp and although based on my experience with my Opus # 1 you may not need the C5 if the DX90 has enough juice but for sure the C5 is really sweet and you won't need 85% of its power with most iem's but at low volumes you'll have detail galore:wink:

Aug 16, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #2,463 of 2,949
Anyone else get the email from IMR Acoustics? Is this where Bob went? There seem to be an awful lot of similarities to the old Trinity both in the website design and the IEM itself (filters, cable, etc...).

https://imracoustics.com

Aug 17, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #2,470 of 2,949
Or, Bob had Trinity's blessing... Why would that "not sound good"?
Aside from the legal issue of giving away customer details, data protection and all that....

To a LOT of people Bob WAS Trinity. He was the person that designed their items and resolved all their problems. When he left the "enquiries@" address also vanished. So either he didn't have permission and has broken data protection and GDPR rules (also noting that trinity arent showing a privact page that i can find.) that trust has just dropped to zero - or Trinity allowed him to take them, they've broken the same rules and also allowed someone who is seen as the only person to design their items to create a rival company and tell every one of their customers that they can now get the items they want elsewhere. That means people stop buying from Trinity or ask for refunds so they can go to Bob. Any company that does that has a death wish!

Aug 17, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #2,473 of 2,949
I received the email as well. I want nothing to do with them as I never signed up for their newsletter.
Folks, no company will give a former employee customers' info when he is planning to start a new company, a competitor if you will.
I'm not buying this. This is Trinity under a different name, same pre-order business model, same website design and same physical address, simply smoke and mirrors to salvage the current Trinity situation.
I'm not going to bother with this new brand or Trinity. I'm just really not happy that my email address was given/ sold without my consent, and it's also illegal in Canada.
Who is the owner of this new brand anyways?

Aug 17, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #2,474 of 2,949
I received the email as well. I want nothing to do with them as I never signed up for their newsletter.
Folks, no company will give a former employee customers' info when he is planning to start a new company, a competitor if you will.
I'm not buying this. This is Trinity under a different name, same pre-order business model, same website design and same physical address, simply smoke and mirrors to salvage the current Trinity situation.
I'm not going to bother with this new brand or Trinity. I'm just really not happy that my email address was given/ sold without my consent, and it's also illegal in Canada.
Who is the owner of this new brand anyways?

Screenshot_5.jpg

Aug 17, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #2,475 of 2,949

Users who are viewing this thread

Back