Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Oct 8, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #2,597 of 2,949
Hey guys, what filters are you guys using for your Icarus III? I like the bass and treble of the gold filters without the damper, but the mids can sound boxy with certain songs. I don't mind giving up a bit of bass to bring the mids more forward.

I tried the gunmetal filters, but they really negated the bass quantity.
I'm using Icarus 3 almost everyday. I'm currently most happy with the blue filters and some of basic tips that came with the package.. I have to say that I'm extremely happy with this IEM and sad to see what has happened with the company.

Oct 8, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #2,598 of 2,949
I am currently using the Gunmetal because based on the paperwork, it's the most balanced. I haven't tried all of them out yet.

What is the TRRS cable for? The Icarus III doesn't look like it has a mic so why include the cable? (or maybe I just missed where the inline microphone is?)

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #2,600 of 2,949
Can anyone compare the icarus III to lz a4?
The A4 is readily available, the Icy3 is not...pretty easy to tell which one you should go for :D

Oct 13, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #2,602 of 2,949
I

I don't mind to wait for them, I just need to know if they are anything close to the lz a4. Because I can get the Icarus III for £75 while the lz a4 is £180. If there is not big difference in sound I'm getting the icarus

You don’t ind the wait? Have you checked the other threads. Pretty good chances you will never get the Icarus 3. Shop smart and don’t be fooled by huge discounts on products that don’t even exist.
The company is struggling to deliver the Air. Check the Kickstarter page too.
Don’t flush your money down the drain.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #2,603 of 2,949
Welp, finally decided to contact Trinity on 10/7 regarding all my delayed orders, requesting an update as well as possible refunds. I have a few hundred dollars worth of IEMs waiting to be delivered, which accounts for less than 50% of what I've already spent with them. It was the weekend so I wasn't expecting an immediate response. Kieran did respond on 10/10 that most of the orders would be shipping by this month & that they appreciated my support, but would issue a refund if that is what I wanted. I requested refunds for most of my orders. That was 3 days ago, but I'm not stressing out yet. I just figured I'd share this & keep you updated on how this plays out. Fingers crossed.

Oct 13, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #2,604 of 2,949
Welp, finally decided to contact Trinity on 10/7 regarding all my delayed orders, requesting an update as well as possible refunds. I have a few hundred dollars worth of IEMs waiting to be delivered, which accounts for less than 50% of what I've already spent with them. It was the weekend so I wasn't expecting an immediate response. Kieran did respond on 10/10 that most of the orders would be shipping by this month & that they appreciated my support, but would issue a refund if that is what I wanted. I requested refunds for most of my orders. That was 3 days ago, but I'm not stressing out yet. I just figured I'd share this & keep you updated on how this plays out. Fingers crossed.

I hope you get the refund and if you do, run and don’t look back.

Oct 13, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #2,606 of 2,949
Pretty good chances you will never get the Icarus 3. Shop smart and don’t be fooled by huge discounts on products that don’t even exist.

On what basis are you saying that? I have checked the other threads. Multiple people have reported receiving the Icarus III, and posted reviews with pictures.

Oct 13, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #2,607 of 2,949
On what basis are you saying that? I have checked the other threads. Multiple people have reported receiving the Icarus III, and posted reviews with pictures.

People are still waiting for the PM6, Hunter and Air. A small number of those were delivered.
Bob the head designer contractor left the company a couple of months ago, Dan the guy who took over also is no longer with Trinity.
This company was once a decent business and it went south a while back. You can easily see that by the amount of people who are still waiting and the constant lying of Trinity.
Also, a very respectable Mod advised to use caution when buying anything from them.
It’s up to you bud if you want to risk it.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #2,608 of 2,949
I actually did receive my Icarus III a little over 2 months ago. I did enjoy the sound, but had fit issues with them. The orders I'm waiting for are the PM6, Atlas Delta/Master & Air, as well as the 8-wire cables. I believe these are the IEMs (along with the Hunter) that have experienced the most delays.

Oct 13, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #2,610 of 2,949
I received an email from them saying that Icarus III is ending and the last 50 pieces will be sold cheap. If they are the last pieces shouldn't they be ready to ship?

Based on their terrible track record for the last 10 months or so, would you trust them?
I’m amazed that people still consider giving them more money at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back