Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds
Sep 22, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #2,581 of 2,949
From Trinity

Icarus I and Icarus II shells are almost finished now and we are hoping to reveal them in all their glory by the end of the month, after that we will need around 7-10 business days for assembly and we can start shipping.

We are also now preparing to ship the Icarus IV and will update you as soon as we are ready to go.

For those that didn't get in on any deals at the start use this coupon code at checkout and see what discount you get: SURPRISEDISC1

Sep 22, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #2,583 of 2,949
Are there any reviews and comparisons for the Trinity Master? It was a 4 driver per side ear phone. I believe 2x dynamics in a push/pull and 2x BA's. Not talking about the Phantom Master 4, but I think the Master did replace the Phantom Master 4. It's this one, although this video review is not very comprehensive.

Sep 22, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #2,584 of 2,949
Are there any reviews and comparisons for the Trinity Master? It was a 4 driver per side ear phone. I believe 2x dynamics in a push/pull and 2x BA's. Not talking about the Phantom Master 4, but I think the Master did replace the Phantom Master 4. It's this one, although this video review is not very comprehensive.

Master was hit and miss for some due to fit and weight of the IEM... Sound was sharper than what most people expected, but not too overly clinical. Wide soundstage for me... Not a bad IEM, surely it improved some elements of the PM4, but the weight of them was the biggest turn-off.

Sep 22, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #2,585 of 2,949
From Trinity

Icarus I and Icarus II shells are almost finished now and we are hoping to reveal them in all their glory by the end of the month, after that we will need around 7-10 business days for assembly and we can start shipping.

We are also now preparing to ship the Icarus IV and will update you as soon as we are ready to go.

For those that didn't get in on any deals at the start use this coupon code at checkout and see what discount you get: SURPRISEDISC1
"7-10 business days for assembly and we can start shipping"......I wonder what's making me not believe that right now :thinking:

Sep 24, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #2,587 of 2,949
There's people still waiting for their Hunters? I contacted Trinity and asked them to confirm if the next shipment of cables under my name in it. I was told yes, so I guess it's technically possible that I get the cables lol.

Sep 24, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #2,588 of 2,949
There's people still waiting for their Hunters? I contacted Trinity and asked them to confirm if the next shipment of cables under my name in it. I was told yes, so I guess it's technically possible that I get the cables lol.
There's people still waiting for everything that costs more than $100. You name it: Hunter, PM6, Air, Icarus 4, Icarus 2, heck even the cheap Icarus 1. There are reports of people waiting for every single one of those models. Which means there are people waiting for nearly their entire model lineup.

Oct 2, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #2,589 of 2,949
After 10+ months of waiting, I have finally received my first Trinity Audio Engineering product. It is not the Atlas Delta that I have ordered but I took the offer to take an Icarus III instead. I'm not gonna lie, I was very happy with the product as it is at least as flat as I wanted.

It is not a secret that this company we are dealing with is in deep crap right now but I do have to commend the new guys for trying their best to fulfill the backlogs. I guess I could say that the pre-order experience I went through felt dodgy through the months. Having said that, they have slightly redeemed themselves (at least for me) for what they did.

The IEM I have received exceeded my expectations (although one of the filters with the dampers isn't properly made). In fact, I'm leaving my ATH-M50RD at home to use this on the go. I won't change filters anyway.

I'm still waiting for the Icarus I that they promised and hopefully, we get to receive them.

Is the 10+ months of waiting worth it? I still can't say for now. Will I buy another Trinity Audio Engineering product? I will not, at least for the time being.

I do hope that I am not an isolated case because while I do not have much faith in the company itself even after everything, I do believe in their products.

Oct 4, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #2,591 of 2,949
Still waiting for my Hunters (and Airs also!), it will almost be a year that I pre-ordered them soon. I was told I would have them 2 weeks ago. I sent Kieran an email 2 days ago, still unanswered...

Oct 5, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #2,592 of 2,949
I bought a pair of Icarus III without knowing about Trinity Audio's reputation. It really is a shame the company is struggling to fulfill orders on otherwise incredible products. I prefer the Icarus III over my ASG 2.0's (which I bought for $350 at the time), and they come dangerously close to my JH Angies. They obviously care very much about delivering great products (the packaging alone handily trumps the JH Angie and EE Athena packaging I received).

Wishing everybody receives their orders soon, and that Trinity Audio can bounce back from this soon.

Oct 5, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #2,593 of 2,949
I bought a pair of Icarus III without knowing about Trinity Audio's reputation. It really is a shame the company is struggling to fulfill orders on otherwise incredible products. I prefer the Icarus III over my ASG 2.0's (which I bought for $350 at the time), and they come dangerously close to my JH Angies. They obviously care very much about delivering great products (the packaging alone handily trumps the JH Angie and EE Athena packaging I received).

Wishing everybody receives their orders soon, and that Trinity Audio can bounce back from this soon.
They did make good stuff and their service was fantastic back then. Even in the good days, their releases were a little off schedule, more like 2-3 months, but they communicated about that sort of stuff, the reasons and would even occasionally vent their own frustrations. Now, all we get is radio silence and we are WAY far out from just a couple months off release date. Frankly looks like it's on track for more like a couple years instead. Unfortunate for a company that was once very promising.

Oct 7, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #2,594 of 2,949
Hey guys, what filters are you guys using for your Icarus III? I like the bass and treble of the gold filters without the damper, but the mids can sound boxy with certain songs. I don't mind giving up a bit of bass to bring the mids more forward.

I tried the gunmetal filters, but they really negated the bass quantity.

Oct 7, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #2,595 of 2,949
Do they come with the greens?
  • GREEN (Black damper) = Much like our Gunmetal filter with controlled highs and midrange lifted a little
Or purples...?
  • PURPLE (With damper) = Treble. Offering a reduced bass signature with an focus on upper mids and treble. (treble smoothed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back