Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and questions here
Nov 28, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #436 of 546
  Just checked with Gavin, he said no changes were made to the gain.   I haven't had any problems with my AS2 using the T1, have the vol on my V at 10 with T1 volume just under half for normal listening.   So apparently it was just the battery.   No, I'm not the US rep for Tralucent, but the ever-colorful Lee730 might be, LOL!

lol go to hell :wink:.

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #437 of 546

lol go to hell :wink:.

ahhhhahaha... Lee, i knew what your reply would be
darthsmile.gif

but in politics you could become a happy buddy since voters vote for you
tongue.gif

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #440 of 546
Has anyone used the Tralucent 3.5 Uber Mini cable for LineOut?
Is it ready improve the sound quality significantly?
This cable costs around $350.

i have this and find improvements worth spending but it depends what you look to achieve.

first of all when you climb up the gear ladder remember, every component in chain will matter.
i would not recommend using uBer 3.5mm on iPod or for low resolution material because improvements concern dynamics, immediacy and similar, it will not add bass or tame hot trebles IF your source does them. uBer is removing a curtain between source and amp in a way that there is no cable and signal gets stright from A to B without "c" in between them.

in my rig, which consists of RWAK, 1p2 and T1. i use only FLAC, minimum native CD quality and maximum 24/192.
all i can tell this little cable showed good improvement in adding immediacy and space between instruments. frankly speaking i even did not plan buying this cable but after audition i could not part with it, silly me.

why i love this uber wodoo? because as you probably know the best cable between two components is no cable
tongue.gif
 literally!!! best is when you plug one component into another (please no dirty jokes), for instance Audiophileo can be plugged straight into BCN/SPDIF in your DAC using the ring adapter. in my understanding Uber makes something similar, simply it makes you feel there is no cable between two components.

but.... T1 stocks good enough cable too which does perfect job. i would recommend you try this first and if you feel the need to upgrade ask for trial period from Tralucent so you can audition and decide if improvements are worth for your ear.

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #441 of 546

i have this and find improvements worth spending but it depends what you look to achieve.

first of all when you climb up the gear ladder remember, every component in chain will matter.
i would not recommend using uBer 3.5mm on iPod or for low resolution material because improvements concern dynamics, immediacy and similar, it will not add bass or tame hot trebles IF your source does them. uBer is removing a curtain between source and amp in a way that there is no cable and signal gets stright from A to B without "c" in between them.

in my rig, which consists of RWAK, 1p2 and T1. i use only FLAC, minimum native CD quality and maximum 24/192.
all i can tell this little cable showed good improvement in adding immediacy and space between instruments. frankly speaking i even did not plan buying this cable but after audition i could not part with it, silly me.

why i love this uber wodoo? because as you probably know the best cable between two components is no cable
tongue.gif
 literally!!! best is when you plug one component into another (please no dirty jokes), for instance Audiophileo can be plugged straight into BCN/SPDIF in your DAC using the ring adapter. in my understanding Uber makes something similar, simply it makes you feel there is no cable between two components.

but.... T1 stocks good enough cable too which does perfect job. i would recommend you try this first and if you feel the need to upgrade ask for trial period from Tralucent so you can audition and decide if improvements are worth for your ear.

Did you ask Tralucent to send you the the demo UBer 3.5mm cable for audition? Do you need to pay deposit (money in advance) before getting it?

In addition, don't mind if you can quantify (1 to 10) below SQ when comparing the stock T1 3.5 mini vs UBer 3.5 mm:

1) Sound stage/3D imaging
2) Separation
3) Clarity
4) Cleaness
5) Treble impact
6) Bass impact
7) Depth impact

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #442 of 546
Not to pee on the campfire here, but, is there a "next step" up, after the T1. I love the amp, just wondering, even if I have to go to a desktop size, what are some contenders, that people move up to after the T1. I suspect its diminishing returns and gets you up to $500 or $800 or $1200 to improve upon the T1.

Dec 5, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #443 of 546
  Did you ask Tralucent to send you the the demo UBer 3.5mm cable for audition? Do you need to pay deposit (money in advance) before getting it?

In addition, don't mind if you can quantify (1 to 10) below SQ when comparing the stock T1 3.5 mini vs UBer 3.5 mm:

1) Sound stage/3D imaging
2) Separation
3) Clarity
4) Cleaness
5) Treble impact
6) Bass impact
7) Depth impact

i got to audition uBer IC by chance, i was on tour for 1p2 and Gavin suggested sending uBer 3.5 to try along with silver gold cable for 1p2.
stupidly i agreed because if i knew i could not part with it i would never request this spoiler
L3000.gif

this how i got it without having any plans for it.

clarity and separation is the name of the game here.

Dec 5, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #444 of 546
  Not to pee on the campfire here, but, is there a "next step" up, after the T1. I love the amp, just wondering, even if I have to go to a desktop size, what are some contenders, that people move up to after the T1. I suspect its diminishing returns and gets you up to $500 or $800 or $1200 to improve upon the T1.

huh, i assume there are more powerful offerings at such a cost. problem is i do not want overspend on amp at this stage and found T1 to do it all for me. i also saw a few reviews, one non-headfi which praised T1 highly suggesting this sound is pushing upto a 500$ price mark (for what is worth). not much i can add here since i did not listen to more expensive offerings from RSA, Maier, ALO and else.

i suppose it all boils to the question how you plan to use amp. people who send their AK100 or AK120 for S-mod for sure would want to get best of the best. people like me, who use DAP phone out and line out unmoded perhaps would skimp on expensive amps.

so for 260$ i found T1 a no brainer for me personally and it sounds great with DX50 and RWAK100 too although RWAK100 needs amping not as critically as DX50 IMHO.

Dec 5, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #445 of 546
Gintaras, Android phone users can sometimes bypass their internal DAC and amp (varies a lot from phone to phone) and get the sound out in digital form over USB OTG. Then into say, an ODAC, then the Tralucent. YMMV see http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs

Dec 6, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #446 of 546
Remember power is just one aspect. It is really how that power is managed. How clean it is and the implementation. How the amp gripes the sound. It's about control and finesse. The T1 has a very good power supply and it's implementation plays a huge part in its overall sound. I can't wait to compare it to the UHA760 :).

Dec 6, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #448 of 546
  Do I smell a comparison between the upcoming Tralucent DAC/AMP and the upcoming UHA760...? It will be an interesting new year. 

Possibly.... 
normal_smile .gif

Goodness the treble is just sublime on the 1Plus2 with AK120/T1 amp on 1.32 firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back