Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and questions here
Nov 25, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #421 of 546
i am listening right now to Rainbow's Temple of the king on DX50 => T1 => 1p2 ... in one word - GODLY !!!

did not expect T1 to compliment DX50 so powerfully, amazing. little lovely inexpensive amp which brings big sound.

Nov 25, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #422 of 546
Yo, do you have the T1V2, or did you get it within the past 6 months??  I had the original that had a battery issue, then got that one replaced with a new version with a better battery set-up or whatever, and sounded as good as the first one without 150 hrs burnin!!    Gavin even mentioned to me that the 2nd one I got sounded better without burnin.   The updated one I have even sounds more clear with burnin, in other words, it can only get better!!!LOL!
gs1000.gif

Nov 25, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #423 of 546
i do not know which one i have, my guess is T1 v2 because i bought it half a year ago.

whatever version my copy sounds terrific and makes me not want any other amp. actually Gavin did bad thing to me because T1 makes me shy to spend more money on RSA and similar amps and i am afraid none of them would be worth the big extra buck.

perhaps one day when i go for S-mod AK i will again think about RSA or else but T1 is simply magic and i am happy it costs under 300$ which makes me smile each time i am listening to it.

Nov 25, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #425 of 546
Is this best amp for ciems and iems?

Well that is a very big question right there.

It is a VERY good little amp, particularly for the price.
Whether it is the best, well that varies from person to person.

It is very transparent however, and true to your source.

One issue however, is you may find it to be a little too powerful for some IEM's, particularly if you are using Line out of your source and relying on the volume pot on the amp.

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #426 of 546
  i do not know which one i have, my guess is T1 v2 because i bought it half a year ago.

whatever version my copy sounds terrific and makes me not want any other amp. actually Gavin did bad thing to me because T1 makes me shy to spend more money on RSA and similar amps and i am afraid none of them would be worth the big extra buck.

perhaps one day when i go for S-mod AK i will again think about RSA or else but T1 is simply magic and i am happy it costs under 300$ which makes me smile each time i am listening to it.

Was the gain reduced in the 'v2' model you mentioned or was it just the battery?

Nov 26, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #427 of 546

Was the gain reduced in the 'v2' model you mentioned or was it just the battery?

do not know. it just sounded great out of the box, why would i bother about tech aspects then?

Nov 26, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #430 of 546

do not know. it just sounded great out of the box, why would i bother about tech aspects then?

Thumbs up I guess. It is a very nice amp for the price!

Also interested to hear/read impressions about the new amp.

Perhaps a new thread can be started for this at a later date. I see a few guys have tested it on the Tralucent 1Plus2 thread.

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #431 of 546
I recall solely, that revisions to the Tralucent Audio T1 were "in the works", but I haven't seen anything definitive to indicate that there is a revised T1 amp. Am I missing something here?

Nov 27, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #432 of 546
  I recall solely, that revisions to the Tralucent Audio T1 were "in the works", but I haven't seen anything definitive to indicate that there is a revised T1 amp. Am I missing something here?

And you're from planet Earth and still missed it????LOL!!!
tongue_smile.gif

Well, I got mine in May of this year, apparently it was May when Tralucent started shipping the new version.   Gavin told me it had "a revised power supply" and I should "notice a difference"  I guess in SQ right off the bat, and I did.   Like I said, it sounded like it had been burned in for at least 150 hrs right out if the box.   He also cautioned me not to charge it from a wall charger but from my pc.   The original problem I had from the original version was the battery way overheated and stopped working after a short period of time, then stopped altogether.

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #433 of 546

Just checked with Gavin, he said no changes were made to the gain.   I haven't had any problems with my AS2 using the T1, have the vol on my V at 10 with T1 volume just under half for normal listening.   So apparently it was just the battery.   No, I'm not the US rep for Tralucent, but the ever-colorful Lee730 might be, LOL!

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #434 of 546
lol, Lee must hate you for this. but T1 sounds sooooo good to my ear and i wonder how DA T1 amp section compares to old T1?

me too had no problem with gain, actually i find T1 to be fairly silent, the only small complaint i might have for volume attenuator which is prone to small imbalance at very low volume but this is common problem in all amps i tried. funny is i love the make of T1 and find its polish and look esxcuisite boutique like.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #435 of 546
  And you're from planet Earth and still missed it????LOL!!!
tongue_smile.gif

Well, I got mine in May of this year, apparently it was May when Tralucent started shipping the new version.   Gavin told me it had "a revised power supply" and I should "notice a difference"  I guess in SQ right off the bat, and I did.   Like I said, it sounded like it had been burned in for at least 150 hrs right out if the box.   He also cautioned me not to charge it from a wall charger but from my pc.   The original problem I had from the original version was the battery way overheated and stopped working after a short period of time, then stopped altogether.

My side of the planet sometimes seems like a blackhole. We miss a lot of things! Thanks for the update!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back