Tralucent T1 appreciation thread - post your experiences and questions here
Oct 25, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #406 of 546
LOL. I seriously considered that offer, but I love the flexibility of using the RWAK100 with / without amp.

LOL +1

Oct 26, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #410 of 546
my humble observation with T1. what good i found about T1 amp is that T1 acts like a very good power amplifier. let me explain, when you put audio system you must to decide if you want integrated amplifier or preamp/poweramp combo. integrated will bring a particular signature which might be good or not so good with your source. power amp will do mostly kraft and clarity job. for me T1 is akin power amp, it does not add or take anything from source sound sig but it adds dynamic and weight to the sound.

for me this was a nice aspect because i did not want an amp which would color RWAK sound. i agree, there must be some better amps up the hill and going above 300$ you find plenty good amps. however if you want simple amp which does great job T1 must be on your list for audition.

just be sure to try competition to decide what is best for you. some people will prefer coloration and some particular amp sound, while others would like to keep source sig unaffected.

just my 2c here.

and now a musical pause to enjoy this weekend:

Oct 29, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #411 of 546
Guys, I just got my hands on a T1 and for some reason the upper mids seems to be recessed and the soundstage seems to be no larger than my DX50's. What's up with that?

BTW, Skybleu and H20Fidelity who heard the same amp thought that it was defective. 
confused_face.gif

Oct 29, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #412 of 546
  Guys, I just got my hands on a T1 and for some reason the upper mids seems to be recessed and the soundstage seems to be no larger than my DX50's. What's up with that?

BTW, Skybleu and H20Fidelity who heard the same amp thought that it was defective. 
confused_face.gif

Is this Cravenz amp? If so I would suggest having it send back for RMA. Although I'm a bit worried about Cravenz as he hasn't been active in a long time.... The T1 amp IMO ias better than the DX100 internal amp section. I preferred it's sound quality to it and felt it had more control over the sound. Better balance overall and a nice sound staging. Wide, deep, balanced. Deeper bass. I never felt the mids were recessed on it. This is even compared to the UHA6 MKII and O2 amp.

Oct 29, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #413 of 546

Is this Cravenz amp? If so I would suggest having it send back for RMA. Although I'm a bit worried about Cravenz as he hasn't been active in a long time.... The T1 amp IMO ias better than the DX100 internal amp section. I preferred it's sound quality to it and felt it had more control over the sound. Better balance overall and a nice sound staging. Wide, deep, balanced. Deeper bass. I never felt the mids were recessed on it. This is even compared to the UHA6 MKII and O2 amp.

Yeah, it is the Cravenz amp. I too, think that it is defective. 

Nov 14, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #415 of 546
I went to my local audio store to pick up a cheap CmoyBB and ended up with the Tralucent Audio T1! How long does this thing take to charge from say a laptop though? It's been over 6 hrs and the charging indicator is still on.

Nov 14, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #416 of 546
I went to my local audio store to pick up a cheap CmoyBB and ended up with the Tralucent Audio T1! How long does this thing take to charge from say a laptop though? It's been over 6 hrs and the charging indicator is still on.

I honestly don't know, but I know the battery lasts for ages so you won't have to do it often :)

Nov 14, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #418 of 546
  Thanks! I couldn't resist and had to take a listen! I'm very impressed, and that's just out of  the box. Seems very natural so far...

+1 on the battery status - great life per charge

From memory there's not a massive change from burn-in, but everything does improve slightly with 30-40 hours or so

Nov 14, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #419 of 546

+1 on the battery status - great life per charge

From memory there's not a massive change from burn-in, but everything does improve slightly with 30-40 hours or so

I really look forward to getting to know this amp further. I've bought quite a number of portable amplifiers in the past, but they never really impressed me enough to keep them. Things seem promising from the outset with this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back