Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Nov 16, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #4,651 of 6,404

The MK3 produces hiss with ALL iems I tried. The hiss is much louder than the Theorem produces. 

:frowning2:

I've been thinking about ordering the 1plus2 with the balanced kobiconn terminiation, but if it still hisses to the same extent it does on my IE80s (w/o impedance adapter), I don't think it'd be tolerable.
For some reason, without the 75ohm impedance adapter (Etymotic ER-4P to 4S adapter), my IE80 sounds weird/congested (along with the hiss) on the Rx MK3-B+ amp, but once I put the 75ohm adapter in-line it sounds "normal"... I wonder if the adapter simply is like raising the output impedance of the amp? :/

Are there any balanced impedance adapters for the Rx MK3-B+ amp/1plus2 that wouldn't change the sound too much but at least reduce the hiss?

Nov 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #4,653 of 6,404
Nov 16, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #4,654 of 6,404

I don't get it... semantics?

I was only wondering if the 1plus2 has the characteristic background hiss with the ALO Rx Mk3-B+ amp, since it would factor into the decision making process when I decide to order the 1plus2.

I already know/it's well known that the Rx Mk3-B+ hisses with sensitive IEMs, but I've read semi-conflicting posts with regards to the 1plus2 having "tolerable" amounts of hiss in balanced out with this amp. I guess not, though... :frowning2: I might have to get an SR-71B or Intruder eventually for the 1plus2.

Nov 16, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #4,655 of 6,404
They're being unhelpful.

The Meier Quickstep won't hiss at regular volumes no matter the load or sensitivity and is a very neutral if you like the sound of your DAC section. The 1plus2 doesn't need an amp, but it'll let you hear your amp, so choose wisely.

Don't know about ALO amp unfortunately.

Nov 16, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #4,656 of 6,404
  :frowning2:

I've been thinking about ordering the 1plus2 with the balanced kobiconn terminiation, but if it still hisses to the same extent it does on my IE80s (w/o impedance adapter), I don't think it'd be tolerable.
For some reason, without the 75ohm impedance adapter (Etymotic ER-4P to 4S adapter), my IE80 sounds weird/congested (along with the hiss) on the Rx MK3-B+ amp, but once I put the 75ohm adapter in-line it sounds "normal"... I wonder if the adapter simply is like raising the output impedance of the amp? :/

Are there any balanced impedance adapters for the Rx MK3-B+ amp/1plus2 that wouldn't change the sound too much but at least reduce the hiss?

Why not just sell the MKIII? There are better amps out and and for IEMs as well :wink:. There's more to it than just "hearing your amp". While it is not a requirement it will certainly improve the sound coming out of the 1Plus2. Pretty much you improve the source being fed into these IEMs and you really benefit from the scalability.

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #4,658 of 6,404

Why not just sell the MKIII? There are better amps out and and for IEMs as well :wink:. There's more to it than just "hearing your amp". While it is not a requirement it will certainly improve the sound coming out of the 1Plus2. Pretty much you improve the source being fed into these IEMs and you really benefit from the scalability.

Yeah, I've really been thinking about returning the Rx Mk3-B+ and picking up an SR-71B instead (to pair with my balanced out on the CLAS -dB.) SR-71B seems slightly more powerful than the Intruder to drive harder-to-drive headphones (which I use, like the HD650, every so often) and doesn't have that "background hiss", but I'm worried the lower end won't be as 'detailed'/'refined sounding' as with the Rx Mk3-B+.  Oh well :/

Good points, thanks. :)

Personally I prefer the Theorem 720 to the Clas -db + RX-Mk3b in term of both sound quality and portability.

I saw the Theorem 720 for $699 (instead of $799) on a TTVJ sale a few days ago and I'm kind of sad I didn't pick it up! lol, I hope it goes on sale again... I assume the background hiss with sensitive IEMs is pretty much the same between the CLAS -dB/Rx Mk3-b+ stack and the Theorem though.

Nov 17, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #4,659 of 6,404
Word of warning ladies and gents I just got word that the 1Plus2 has finally hit the big time :wink:. There are official fake 1Plus2s for sale in China now lol. So be careful guys. If it sounds too good to be true it simply is. :p.

Nov 17, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #4,660 of 6,404
  Word of warning ladies and gents I just got word that the 1Plus2 has finally hit the big time :wink:. There are official fake 1Plus2s for sale in China now lol. So be careful guys. If it sounds too good to be true it simply is. :p.

funny ...  i wonder why someone would want to fake 1p2, does not make much sense since 1p2 is not mass production item... IMHO but masochists of course exist in this world 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #4,661 of 6,404

Seriously? How much do they sell?

Nov 17, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #4,662 of 6,404

funny ...  i wonder why someone would want to fake 1p2, does not make much sense since 1p2 is not mass production item... IMHO but masochists of course exist in this world 
rolleyes.gif

It's called profit Gintaras. People saw how successful the item was selling and of course the appeal for the 1Plus2. Basically they figure if they can cut into it themselves why not? That's always been the motto of China. Try to copy another companies product and sell it for cheaper to make money on it.

Seriously? How much do they sell?

I'm not really sure on this. Basically the seller of fake 1Plus2 approached one of Tralucent's dealers in China stating they have 1Plus2s at a cheaper price. He then followed up with Tralucent who then confirmed this is not real. There is no such thing as gray-stock with them. :p

Nov 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #4,663 of 6,404
I'm not really sure on this. Basically the seller of fake 1Plus2 approached one of Tralucent's dealers in China stating they have 1Plus2s at a cheaper price. He then followed up with Tralucent who then confirmed this is not real. There is no such thing as gray-stock with them. :p

Why don't they just buy one and confirm the quality with Tralucent? It is definitely not a good news but it makes me curious.

Nov 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #4,664 of 6,404
yes Lee, trust you, still sounds so weird because 1p2 is audiophile IEM and not mass IEM.

and this music can help anyone to tell apart fake and genuine 1p2 
wink_face.gif

amazing performer, and i did not know Gabriel endorsed him very much some years ago. love what African musicians can do, simply magic.

Nov 17, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #4,665 of 6,404
Maybe the fake ones sound better. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back