Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jan 7, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #1,171 of 6,404
Quote:

Hey Rudi that looks interesting. Do you know what ALO MKIII output impedance is? I was under the impressions it was only suitable for hard to drive headphones? Would be interesting to see the impedance info :).

I've been told under 1 ohm, but I don't know if that's before or after the low gain lowered. Errr...having said that, please ignore my Medium gain setting.

P.S. yes, I'm posting on this thread again...afterall I did say, "Ta ta for now".

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #1,172 of 6,404
Quote:

I've been told under 1 ohm, but I don't know if that's before or after the low gain lowered. Errr...having said that, please ignore my Medium gain setting.

P.S. yes, I'm posting on this thread again...afterall I did say, "Ta ta for now".

But that was "then" and this is "now" :wink:.

Still guys I cannot stress how damn good the 1Plus2's sound on the ANV! lol. I'm totally serious on this :p.

Jan 7, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #1,174 of 6,404
Better balance it then, shall we?

But to be honest xinghui, I personally found balancing IEMs on the portable to be of little benefit. I found balancing the backend IC to yield a much bigger reward than balancing the the IEM side. This was true for my FitEar TO GO! 334 (with the 000 cables even), as well as my Unique Melody SE530x8.

The 1+2 is too recent so make any verdicts yet but after 2 other balanced IEM experiences, I don't think balancing the IEM side is necessary. Just FYI, this isn't just my opinion, I had 2 other Tokyo Head-Fiers do the comparisons - one of them used his FitEar MH334. So that's total of 3xbalanced IEMs tested.

I haven't had any balanced portable amps nor balanced IEM cables, but most people ( not me ) thought that IEM does not really require a balanced output.
It's interesting to discover the possibility of how much the sound can be improved from that :)
That whole stack rig is only considered trans-portable and relatively expensive IMO, and I prefer a simple source+external amp or dac that fits my pocket. For those who are looking for a desktop quality sound and want a trans-portable rig that could simply use it for both portable and home listening, I think this kind of rig is more affordable.
I'm using diymod + leckerton UHA-6S MKII for portable because this little rig is small enough to fit my jean whilst the SQ is still superb :) The sound is not comparable to those big guys...LOL I must admit the fact.

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #1,175 of 6,404
Jesus Christ... With $3000 I would certainly get a Mjolnir/Gungnir and an LCD2 and two delicious king crab dinners over portables.... >.> but whatever floats your boat I guess. Maybe you guys don't like king crab. :p

Anyone have access to Apex Glacier? Someone should get it, try it, and return it if they don't like it, and report back to us since they have a trial period when you buy.

Anyone know what happened between ALO and CypherLabs? Looks like ALO doesn't carry CL stuff anymore which is funny since the exterior design of the CLAS was built to match ALO stuff...

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #1,176 of 6,404
Quote:
Jesus Christ... With $3000 I would certainly get a Mjolnir/Gungnir and an LCD2 and two delicious king crab dinners over portables.... >.> but whatever floats your boat I guess. Maybe you guys don't like king crab. :p

Anyone have access to Apex Glacier? Someone should get it, try it, and return it if they don't like it, and report back to us since they have a trial period when you buy.

Anyone know what happened between ALO and CypherLabs? Looks like ALO doesn't carry CL stuff anymore which is funny since the exterior design of the CLAS was built to match ALO stuff...

But I already have a Mjolnir/Gungnir and an LCD-3...

I'm getting the Glacier soon...

That's weird I just checked the ALO site and the CL stuff is still there...

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #1,179 of 6,404
Quote:

I noticed that a couple of weeks ago and asked on the -db thread. Supposedly both companies decided to go their own separate ways. Why? Nobody seems to know. I just hope the parting of ways doesn't drastically do anything to stunt any future RX amp development. I really like my RX MKII and was contemplating a MKIII if the next RX iteration doesn't float my boat. If there even is going to be a next iteration that is.

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #1,180 of 6,404
But that was "then" and this is "now" :wink:.

Still guys I cannot stress how damn good the 1Plus2's sound on the ANV! lol. I'm totally serious on this :p.

I am sorry for late reply Lee, I don't know about the impendance from my alo. Rx 3 b now .

I compared with my friend 1st batch alo Rx 3 B , my latest batch sound better with less hissing

You must pair with class - dB to minimise the hissing from alo Rx 3 B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back