Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jan 5, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #1,156 of 6,404
I agree. Thus my initial impressions of my older model being better right out of the box. But that changed with about 25+ hours of usage. Still with my current tips I feel different from your thoughts. Hopefully the Orthofons do for me what they are doing for you. I'd rather have a more flush fit :wink:.

Edit: Got the Orthofons in and they don't give me the slightest of a seal. Are these made in Japan? Very small. The Large looks more like medium to small size lol :p.

Jan 6, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #1,157 of 6,404
Hey guys just wanted to update you guys on the 1Plus2. I switched back to the silver cable for comparison purposes and I must admit. I really enjoy this set up on the Studio V 3rd ANV. Enough so where I honestly feel I'm not missing anything at all on the DX100. Actually I think I'm getting more out of this pairing to be quite frank. The detail is unreal. This leads to being able to listen at even lower volume which is a win IMO. That means protecting your hearing yet you are satisfied with that said volume. The Studio V is really the only player I've encountered that makes it so easy to listen at reasonable volume and it tells you when you are going overboard. At least in my case I won't be comfortable at all if the volume is too high. It has to be just right and its so easy for me to tell on this player.

The imaging/separation is amazing on both the player and the 1Plus2s. It just goes together very well. I was lying in bed trying to sleep and I just couldn't because it sounds so damn good (this is at volume 5, max is 31). I just wanted to post this and I'm gonna try and get my ass back to sleep now :wink:. Just putting it out there for you 1Plus2 lovers that the Studio V is an amazing match with these IEMs. It is not a perfect player but oh so good at the same time :p.

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #1,158 of 6,404
Hey guys just wanted to update you guys on the 1Plus2. I switched back to the silver cable for comparison purposes and I must admit. I really enjoy this set up on the Studio V 3rd ANV. Enough so where I honestly feel I'm not missing anything at all on the DX100. Actually I think I'm getting more out of this pairing to be quite frank. The detail is unreal. This leads to being able to listen at even lower volume which is a win IMO. That means protecting your hearing yet you are satisfied with that said volume. The Studio V is really the only player I've encountered that makes it so easy to listen at reasonable volume and it tells you when you are going overboard. At least in my case I won't be comfortable at all if the volume is too high. It has to be just right and its so easy for me to tell on this player.

The imaging/separation is amazing on both the player and the 1Plus2s. It just goes together very well. I was lying in bed trying to sleep and I just couldn't because it sounds so damn good (this is at volume 5, max is 31). I just wanted to post this and I'm gonna try and get my ass back to sleep now :wink:. Just putting it out there for you 1Plus2 lovers that the Studio V is an amazing match with these IEMs. It is not a perfect player but oh so good at the same time :p.

The most benefit of Studio V IMO is its terrific battery life which is unbeatable.
It's ultra portable and light weighted, but heck it is still DAP that brings a good SQ.
The only two sides that I have noticed are the hiss (audible when not playing) and its week UI( comparing to other Hi-End DAP.
Nothing is perfect because the products are keep getting better :D

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #1,161 of 6,404
Quote:
The Ortofon/Grado tips are good at controlling upper mids while leaving the highs extended. Also very soft. They are on the small side but no more so than say Klipsch tips. I can use the med with a deep fit but a shallow config would require the large.

Large to me is more like Medium tips in general. No such thing as a seal for me. Even with deep insertion. Not even close to a seal. Strangely enough the material seems to be the same as my V-moda bass tips (large) and I get a similar effect with more balance to the sound without sacrificing the highs. I even had this while using them on the FX700 and MDR-7550 (which is also a neutral IEM) opposed to the Sony Hybrid tips which makes the sound stage unnaturally narrow without much depth.

Jan 6, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #1,163 of 6,404
Quote:
I agree with about all of that but I can never seal a small tip and I can seel a deep Grado/Ortofon med so they are still smallish med for me. Similar to the Klipsch oval in size.

Pretty much I've never been able to achieve a seal with medium or small tips and in this case even some large tips are smaller than the average large tip and won't give me a seal. I have a big opening to my ear canal lol. Not even those monster double flange tips give me a seal and those are supposedly the largest tips available :wink:.

Jan 6, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #1,164 of 6,404
Quote:
Welcome, one and all, to the V-ZERO impressions extraordinaire! Today we have a heavyweight bout, and the card is as follows:

Round 1: "Be Still and Know", Machine Head - Death Metal (Instrument Separation)

Thanks for the impressions! Although Machine Head being Death metal kinda surprised me. Thought they were along the same lines as Sevendust  ahaha.

Quote:
I tend to leave my tips on the tip of the nozzle instead of pushing it deep on the IEM itself. Could be tip related though since I'm waiting on the orthofons to see if that does the trick. I'd prefer a deeper fit but strangely enough the sound stage is bigger and more to my liking with them sticking out a bit further :p.

What are these orthofon tips people are mentioning? I couldn't find any on ebay.

Jan 6, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #1,165 of 6,404
Quote:

Thanks for the impressions! Although Machine Head being Death metal kinda surprised me. Thought they were along the same lines as Sevendust  ahaha.

What are these orthofon tips people are mentioning? I couldn't find any on ebay.

Gavin includes the Orthofons standard on the 1Plus2. But he may be revising it since even I was an exception to this rule (Dumboo ears :wink:. If you have large ear canals I'd say they won't work for you. Thus my question if they are made in Japan? :wink:.

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #1,166 of 6,404
Quote:
The most benefit of Studio V IMO is its terrific battery life which is unbeatable.
It's ultra portable and light weighted, but heck it is still DAP that brings a good SQ.
The only two sides that I have noticed are the hiss (audible when not playing) and its week UI( comparing to other Hi-End DAP.
Nothing is perfect because the products are keep getting better
biggrin.gif

Honestly I don't think that is the Studio V 3rd ANV best aspect. Its sound quality is its number 1 aspect IMO. Then followed by batter life. But it also has micro SD card support for lots of storage options. The UI isn't perfect as you state but very easy to use to be honest. Its quirky but useable. I purely use the resource menu to access music like playlists and it works good in that regard. They could definitely improve upon the UI I agree. But I found this player much more user friendly and faster to use than the dreaded Sflo2 while sounding a lot better as well :wink:. Fact is I feel when paired with the 1Plus2 (with silver cable) I am getting more detail and musical enjoyment than I did even on the DX100. I came to realize this while lying in bed listening to the pairing. That is saying a lot.

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #1,167 of 6,404
Hi Lee

My best portable dap set up for 1+2 pair with AK 100

This morning I try these set up for my 1+2 :

Source : iPhone 4 S
Dac : cyberlab class - dB
Amp : alo Rx 3 b
Cable : alo balance for class dB to alo Rx 3 b
Moon audio silver dragon v1 for class dB to iPhone 4 S
Sound quality fantastic like you hear from your home rigs
I love this set up

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #1,169 of 6,404
Quote:
Hi Lee
My best portable dap set up for 1+2 pair with AK 100
This morning I try these set up for my 1+2 :
Source : iPhone 4 S
Dac : cyberlab class - dB
Amp : alo Rx 3 b
Cable : alo balance for class dB to alo Rx 3 b
Moon audio silver dragon v1 for class dB to iPhone 4 S
Sound quality fantastic like you hear from your home rigs
I love this set up

Hey Rudi that looks interesting. Do you know what ALO MKIII output impedance is? I was under the impression it was only suitable for hard to drive headphones? Would be interesting to see the impedance info :). Edit: Well I didn't find the info on it but it seems the older model is less than 1 ohm so I'd assume the MKIII should be the same? Well I was thinking otherwise from people complaining about the hiss lol.

Anyways I've been spending more time with my 1Plus2 and the Studio V 3rd ANV and I have to admit I am getting as much enjoyment from this pairing as I do from my desktop rig. For me that is simply amazing. The presentations are definitely different. But I can say I don't miss the desktop set up at all when using this combo. Particularly when lying down and just enjoying the whole experience. Listening to Roberta Flack brought me to tears. That doesn't happen often and speaks for itself in terms of the emotional connection I got from the 1Plus2 and Studio V 3rd ANV. To be quite frank I don't miss the DX100 at all now with this pairing as it's the overall better pairing. Even when factoring in the T1 amp added to the DX100 I still feel the Studio V is the better unit with the 1Plus2. I'm actually wondering now if the RWA AK100 is worth keeping. We'll see but I am really of that mind set now. They just pair so well together....

What particularly draws me to this unit is the imaging and separation. It is the best I've heard in any DAP period. I can listen at low volume and be satiated. This is a big win for me as that means my hearing is gonna be preserved (I'm not tempted to blast music like on most other devices). With the Studio V it is natural for me to listen at lower volumes and not feel the need to raise it much at all. As a matter of fact depending on the tracks I may even lower it even more lol. In terms of detail extraction it is effortless. While I may even find myself straining to listen to all the little nuances in certain songs (even in vocals) on other setups. The Studio V just portrays it so easily. You hear everything and it's effortless on the 1Plus2.
o2smile.gif
Listening to Spanish tracks where they are talking real fast is still easy to keep up with on the ANV. While I lose track of what is being said on other setups lol. That type of thing for me is very important.

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #1,170 of 6,404
Quote:
I think choosing balance cable is sort of wasting money. Lol you end up with a single end output on 1plus2. Anyway, as long as it sounds "right" and does the trigger, it's worth it
smily_headphones1.gif

Better balance it then, shall we?

But to be honest xinghui, I personally found balancing IEMs on the portable to be of little benefit. I found balancing the backend IC to yield a much bigger reward than balancing the the IEM side. This was true for my FitEar TO GO! 334 (with the 000 cables even), as well as my Unique Melody SE530x8.

The 1+2 is too recent so make any verdicts yet but after 2 other balanced IEM experiences, I don't think balancing the IEM side is necessary. Just FYI, this isn't just my opinion, I had 2 other Tokyo Head-Fiers do the comparisons - one of them used his FitEar MH334. So that's total of 3xbalanced IEMs tested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back