Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Apr 11, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #5,926 of 6,404
If you liked the 8 A you'd drool over the SE5 :wink:.

So I've heard. Would love to hear it one day.

Kerouac-I broke it in the most foolish way. Loaded. Up my pelican case with a DAP, amp, and aftermarket cables... Figured I could put my IEMS in there as well. No problem, till I closed it. Just enough pressure to put a hairline Crack in it, then eventually it broke.

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #5,927 of 6,404
So I've heard. Would love to hear it one day.

Kerouac-I broke it in the most foolish way. Loaded. Up my pelican case with a DAP, amp, and aftermarket cables... Figured I could put my IEMS in there as well. No problem, till I closed it. Just enough pressure to put a hairline Crack in it, then eventually it broke.

Looks like you need a larger pelican case, Warrior1975. Any news on when the Ref1 Too arrives? Should be soon? :)

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #5,928 of 6,404
Probably need less crap in there. Pelican 1040 I believe. Lol.

I'm thinking it will be shipped this week. I have a LPG coming in on loaner next week too. Exciting times!! If ref 1 too pairs well with it, I'm buying it just for the Ref.

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #5,929 of 6,404
The other day when I mesmerised myself using 1Plus2 (found here) I think I overcooked it. Not the earphone itself but my ears.

They were quite sensitive the next day. The only issue is the extreme clarity deeply embedded in my soul wants more.

The ears however, do not.

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #5,930 of 6,404
Probably need less crap in there. Pelican 1040 I believe. Lol.

I'm thinking it will be shipped this week. I have a LPG coming in on loaner next week too. Exciting times!! If ref 1 too pairs well with it, I'm buying it just for the Ref.

Haha! Or do what I do: keep them separate. My player is always kept separate from my IEMs and cables.

Indeed!!! The LPG is a pocket battleship. And it's got excellent SQ too. At least I think so. :) Love to hear your impressions in due course.

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #5,931 of 6,404
The other day when I mesmerised myself using 1Plus2 (found here) I think I overcooked it. Not the earphone itself but my ears.

They were quite sensitive the next day. The only issue is the extreme clarity deeply embedded in my soul wants more.

The ears however, do not.

Heheh! Careful there, H20. We need to keep our ears in good condition. This gives a new spin to the "Spirit is willing but flesh is weak" saying. :)

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #5,932 of 6,404
Heheh! Careful there, H20. We need to keep our ears in good condition. This gives a new spin to the "Spirit is willing but flesh is weak" saying.
smily_headphones1.gif

Very good saying there about the soul/flesh!

I guess there were no warning signs and that caught me off guard. Meaning no distortion, no squealing from the earphone of displeasure as I ventured higher into the danger zone. (but I will be careful, absolutely)

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #5,933 of 6,404
Haha! Or do what I do: keep them separate. My player is always kept separate from my IEMs and cables.

Indeed!!! The LPG is a pocket battleship. And it's got excellent SQ too. At least I think so.
smily_headphones1.gif
Love to hear your impressions in due course.

Hmm...you keep on mentioning LPG amongst your huge collection.  How does it flare against Tera & AK240 while you have all of them...curious to learn.

Apr 11, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #5,934 of 6,404
Hmm...you keep on mentioning LPG amongst your huge collection.  How does it flare against Tera & AK240 while you have all of them...curious to learn.

Haha! Apologies, Flymetothemoon. I do tend to use the LPG as my default DAP when I travel. Along with the paw5k and Tera.

Between the 240, Tera and the LPG, what I'll say is that the LPG has the densest sound - good depth of soundstage and good layering. It's also crystal clear. It has plenty of driving power. The 240, whilst it has the widest soundstage, can be a bit thin sounding and doesn't have as deep a soundstage. It however has the upper hand in that it comes with balanced output (whereas in the Lotoo range, only the paw5k has that option).

Insofar as the Tera is concerned, well purely in terms of SQ, I think the LPG is more dynamic, full range in the sound spectrum and is more detailed.

I hope the above helps. :)

Apr 11, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #5,935 of 6,404
Haha! Apologies, Flymetothemoon. I do tend to use the LPG as my default DAP when I travel. Along with the paw5k and Tera.

Between the 240, Tera and the LPG, what I'll say is that the LPG has the densest sound - good depth of soundstage and good layering. It's also crystal clear. It has plenty of driving power. The 240, whilst it has the widest soundstage, can be a bit thin sounding and doesn't have as deep a soundstage. It however has the upper hand in that it comes with balanced output (whereas in the Lotoo range, only the paw5k has that option).

Insofar as the Tera is concerned, well purely in terms of SQ, I think the LPG is more dynamic, full range in the sound spectrum and is more detailed.

I hope the above helps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Great thanks Kiats.

Probably we are in the wrong thread to discuss this.  I'll PM you to discuss further if you don't mind.

Cheers

Apr 11, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #5,936 of 6,404
Great thanks Kiats.

Probably we are in the wrong thread to discuss this.  I'll PM you to discuss further if you don't mind.

Cheers

No worries at all, Flymetothemoon. Haha! I can talk about synergy with the 1plus2... :yum:

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #5,937 of 6,404
No worries at all, Flymetothemoon. Haha! I can talk about synergy with the 1plus2... :yum:

Hmmm...prettty tempting on the LPG...seems like good value for the money.  

Yes.  I do find Ak240 lacks a bit of density and punch while Tera falls short of resolution and dimensions.  

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #5,938 of 6,404
I'll have the LPG along with new ref 1 too in a week or two. Looking forward to it. It would be difficult to purchase, I don't think I can get past the looks unless it sounds that good, and rarely do things sound that good.

Apr 12, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #5,939 of 6,404
It's a tough choice between the Tralucent IEMs... I am so glad I don't have to make a decision between them.
smily_headphones1.gif

I definitely want to hear the P5... I'm not much of a fan of BA drivers these days. 

Don't suppose anyone be at London Canjam in August with the new 1plus2, or either of the Refs? Or the Plus5?
biggrin.gif

I'm about to try and close deal for my 1Plus2 which I've had on loan and was my favourite thing I heard at Canjam 2015. But would love to hear some of these first before jumping in. Having said that, I love the exciting sound of first gen 1P2, don't want more mid-bass, so maybe first gen best for me?

Apr 12, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #5,940 of 6,404

Don't suppose anyone be at London Canjam in August with the new 1plus2, or either of the Refs? Or the Plus5?
biggrin.gif

I'm about to try and close deal for my 1Plus2 which I've had on loan and was my favourite thing I heard at Canjam 2015. But would love to hear some of these first before jumping in. Having said that, I love the exciting sound of first gen 1P2, don't want more mid-bass, so maybe first gen best for me?

I should be there this year...........

PM me nearer the date
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back