Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Apr 10, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #5,911 of 6,404
@H20Fidelity-LMAO, that's funny brother!!! I can't believe I sold my original one, still. What was I thinking?? Never again. Unless, for some reason, I'm the only person that prefers the OG Ref 1.

Did you ever listen to the new one? Sorry, I can't recall. If not any intentions? Or the new 1p2? I'm interested in hearing the new 1plus2 as well as the P5 obviously. Been I while since a BA driver iem made me smile.

I haven't heard Ref.1 Too, I just knock my Ref.1 around little harder than I should until they break down one day.

Gavin, we need to talk...

Of course, there's no rush on this, I quite enjoy them, honestly enjoy them.

I might get to hear the new Tralucent releases, you never know. 
wink.gif

I guess with purely BA drivers you can never get the special deep lows that a (well tuned) DD can produce
smily_headphones1.gif

Any special (auditioning) candidates in mind for tomorrow?

Oh, I don't know, I never tried IE800 last time I was there, maybe some more of the Adel line up. I want to try KSE1500 again to confirm a few things. I just walk in there and say 'hand me the big guns' otherwise there's no point, honestly.

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #5,912 of 6,404
Seems Kiats is enjoying 2.2 more than Plus5? Not sure this was the plan. :p  Those vocals have him hooked. 

I really hope your Ref.1 arrive soon Warrior. I'm eager to hear your thoughts.

Tomorrow (or the next day) I may head to the audio store and demo some earphones. I do this occasionally just to remind myself there's no point in buying any of them. :rolleyes:

Heheh! At this stage, what I will say is that I am very pleasantly surprised by the 2.2. The Plus5 is likely to be my new travel companion, alongside the ACS Encore, when I find myself on the road again. :)

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #5,913 of 6,404
I guess with purely BA drivers you can never get the special deep lows that a (well tuned) DD can produce :)

Any special (auditioning) candidates in mind for tomorrow?

Heheh! When you get an opportunity to try the 5 BA Plus5, you may change your mind about BAs and bass. I did... :)

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #5,914 of 6,404
I had the 64 ears U8. Although it sounded nice, I wasn't grabbed by it. Going from memory, it wasn't in the same league as either the 1p2 or ref 1. It had very nice treble extension, the first to come close to what the Ref 1 did for me, but again that's going from memory. Needless to say, I sold it the same day I received it. I bought it to try it, and it was such a sweet deal I couldn't lose money if I tried to.

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #5,915 of 6,404
I had the 64 ears U8. Although it sounded nice, I wasn't grabbed by it. Going from memory, it wasn't in the same league as either the 1p2 or ref 1. It had very nice treble extension, the first to come close to what the Ref 1 did for me, but again that's going from memory. Needless to say, I sold it the same day I received it. I bought it to try it, and it was such a sweet deal I couldn't lose money if I tried to.

I don't know, I still haven't heard anything better than the Tralucent IEMs, I constantly say I want to be proven wrong, I am more than happy to hear something better and admit it. I just think other companies may have set budgets on research and development which may limit overall performance. Gavin on the other hand, is a perfectionist and runs his earphones budgets in excess until he achieves exactly what he wants.

Just my overall IMO feelings, and it shows when you do some comparing as you've found above.

Apr 10, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #5,916 of 6,404
H20 and Warrior1975, very much agree with what you have said. I think it's a combination of passion of someone who is personally involved in head-fi as a hobbyist and the dogged determination in implementation.

I'm doing my late night listening to some music on the 5BA Plus5. I hope you will at some point in time get an opportunity to listen to it. Since the day when the pre-production unit arrived at my office, it has been a most wonderful musical journey with the Plus5. :yum:

Apr 10, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #5,917 of 6,404
H20 and Warrior1975, very much agree with what you have said. I think it's a combination of passion of someone who is personally involved in head-fi as a hobbyist and the dogged determination in implementation.

I'm doing my late night listening to some music on the 5BA Plus5. I hope you will at some point in time get an opportunity to listen to it. Since the day when the pre-production unit arrived at my office, it has been a most wonderful musical journey with the Plus5. :yum:

All the above stands true as well, absolutely. I just didn't want to write up some intense novel (but I'm really glad you added to it)

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #5,918 of 6,404
Lol, ever since I made my post then Kiats made his, I can't stop grinning with this phrase in my head.

"The Power And The Passion" :D LOL

Oh gosh..ok,that's enough from me tonight.

Off to listen to music.

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #5,919 of 6,404
Haha! H20, that's a catchy slogan! I'm back home after my morning run driving the family to various places. And chilling to a live performance of the Late Eva Cassidy, Nightbird, a remastered expanded 2 CD of her performance at the Blues Alley jazz bar. Totally immersive off the Plus5 powered by the LPG.

It's a tough choice between the Tralucent IEMs... I am so glad I don't have to make a decision between them. :)

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #5,921 of 6,404
I definitely want to hear the P5... I'm not much of a fan of BA drivers these days. Last few TOTL ones I heard, I wasn't overwhelmed.

Definitely, Warrior1975. There was much hype about quite a few TOTL BA IEMs (or least they were marketed as such). All I will say is I thought they were quite meh... I've been a big fan of FitEar and their range. I have the MH335DW which packs the biggest punch in their range. When I auditioned the SR mod to the 335, after I had listened to the Plus5, I decided to pass on the SR mod... I didn't see the point since I was picking up the Plus5 anyway. :)

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #5,922 of 6,404
I agree. The last BA driver IEM I loved was Heir Audio 8.a... I still own it and there was something special about it to me. One of my shells unfortunately broke... I need to ship it off for repair, just been too damn lazy.

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #5,923 of 6,404
I agree. The last BA driver IEM I loved was Heir Audio 8.a... I still own it and there was something special about it to me. One of my shells unfortunately broke... I need to ship it off for repair, just been too damn lazy.

If you liked the 8 A you'd drool over the SE5 :wink:.

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #5,924 of 6,404

How did that happen?
Maybe due to a combination of too much power and passion?
blink.gif

If you liked the 8 A you'd drool over the SE5 :wink:.

#1 on my current (short) ciem wishlist, no budget for it atm though...
Mainly because some members, with impressive totl (c)iem collections (that I can only dream of) often say that it's their favorite ciem

But who knows, maybe the (new) P5 is in the same sq league
rolleyes.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #5,925 of 6,404
se5 must be the bomb , however it is way too expensive , and the high reshell price is a turn off , and not just in a money way

besides there are too many TOTL (c)iems around , so i'd rather find the best bang-for-buck 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back