Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #5,881 of 6,404
  I know the obvious area people would want improvement is the handling of vocal sibilance, this I understand.

For my setup/source its a non-issue with 1Plus2.

Tera Player in fact is a perfect pal to the original 1Plus2 with its rounded sound signature.  

Apr 9, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #5,882 of 6,404
  Tera Player in fact is a perfect pal to the original 1Plus2 with its rounded sound signature.  

Musicday would approve.

Of course, if I push 1Plus2 at extremely loud volumes its going to start pig farting sibilance, its not some 'magic genie' pair or anything. What I'm getting across its maintainable at basically all my listening levels and rolls off nicely with iBasso DX90.

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #5,883 of 6,404
Oh man...all this 1Plus2 talk over the past few days makes me miss mine even more atm
redface.gif

Especially over the last period when I started listening with it from my X5 + Headstage Arrow 5P stack, I enjoyed it so much! It seemed to come totally alive with some beautiful kinda 3D holographic sound, that I've never heard in any other iem so far...

Almost can't believe that the 2.2 could be even an upgrade over what I heard back then
rolleyes.gif

Apr 9, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #5,884 of 6,404
If they increase the clarity any further your feet would lift off the ground and you'll instantly gravitate towards the moon...

Apr 9, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #5,885 of 6,404
Musicday would approve.

Of course, if I push 1Plus2 at extremely loud volumes its going to start pig farting sibilance, its not some 'magic genie' pair or anything. What I'm getting across its maintainable at basically all my listening levels and rolls off nicely with iBasso DX90.

1plus2 is my favourite iem listen, using DX90 into Mojo (well Hugo is better but that's in lounge for cans). You favouring DX90 without Mojo, sure you got one recently?

Apr 9, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #5,886 of 6,404
1plus2 is my favourite iem listen, using DX90 into Mojo (well Hugo is better but that's in lounge for cans). You favouring DX90 without Mojo, sure you got one recently?

I did own Mojo briefly and cannot doubt its excellent performance. But the overall voicing or tonal balance was too warm for me personally with the Tralucent 1Plus2 and Ref.1. There were a few other things I noticed such as stage width being a limiting factor and a little compression in layering on the left and right channels.

When I use 1Plus2 or Ref.1 with my sources and there's a climax in a track, if its in the recording the dynamics hit, all the instruments expand and the stage explodes (so to speak) outwards right around me, its quite immersing, a combination of stage width and great layering, Mojo could not meet this requirement personally imo.

But please, please enjoy your Mojo pairing as it still sounds great. :)

Apr 9, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #5,887 of 6,404
I did own Mojo briefly and cannot doubt its excellent performance. But the overall voicing or tonal balance was too warm for me personally with the Tralucent 1Plus2 and Ref.1. There were a few other things I noticed such as stage width being a limiting factor and a little compression in layering on the left and right channels.

When I use 1Plus2 or Ref.1 with my sources and there's a climax in a track, if it's in the recording the dynamics hit, all the instruments expand and the stage explodes (so to speak) outwards right around me, it's quite immersing, a combination of stage width and great layering, Mojo could not meet this requirement personally imo.

But please, please enjoy your Mojo pairing as it still sounds great. :)

It's all opinions, and that's great. I love the naturalness that the Chords produce, but the Mojo does lack the openess of the Hugo as well as adding that slight warmth. Think that's why I now prefer 1plus2s with Mojo as against Shure 846s as 1plus2s certainly don't add unwanted warmth. Then again, so many others like warmth and slower bass, different ears or expectations!

Apr 9, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #5,888 of 6,404
It's all opinions, and that's great. I love the naturalness that the Chords produce, but the Mojo does lack the openess of the Hugo as well as adding that slight warmth. Think that's why I now prefer 1plus2s with Mojo as against Shure 846s as 1plus2s certainly don't add unwanted warmth. Then again, so many others like warmth and slower bass, different ears or expectations!

Some of the bass drops with Ref.1 were pretty insane though.. :wink:

Apr 9, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #5,890 of 6,404
That's what I'm waiting to experience brother!!

Checking into a new interconnect from Gavin for mojo to X7. Figure, why not?

If you want to feel an intense pressure inside your head and have sub-bass begin reaching down your throat its very likely to occur with your intended combination. Only fear being the dynamic drivers exploding out the rear acrylic housing. The entire time thinking 'f#&@ me'

Makes 1Plus2 bass very tame.

Apr 9, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #5,892 of 6,404
Lol. That's my exact intention. :smile::smile::smile:. How would you compare that setup to the ASG G2?

Ref.1 reaches lower in extension but I'll let you decide on the impact. With the Aurisonics I don't mind hammering them but the Tralucent IEMs due to the investment involved I try not to push them over the edge extensively.

I'll send you the Michel Jonasz track one day that caused the experience.

I really want to hear more about 1Plus2.2 but no one else is so far. :frowning2:

Apr 9, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #5,893 of 6,404
From memory, their impact seemed equal with the bass port open half way. I could be off a bit, but that was what I recall.

Agreed, I never push the Ref 1 like the G2. I'd be pretty upset with myself if I damaged my Ref 1. I'd get over the G2 being damaged.

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #5,894 of 6,404

When I use 1Plus2 or Ref.1 with my sources and there's a climax in a track, if its in the recording the dynamics hit, all the instruments expand and the stage explodes (so to speak) outwards right around me, its quite immersing, a combination of stage width and great layering, Mojo could not meet this requirement personally imo.

But please, please enjoy your Mojo pairing as it still sounds great.
smily_headphones1.gif

@H20Fidelity,

With what kind of source that you are referring to to arrive the above impressions?  This [impression] was a similar conclusion that I derived at the time I need to decide which DAP [Tera vs. AK240] is to be let go...the result was Tera as it was just a tad lesser than Ak240 in every aspect except warmer which is similar to your description on the Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back