Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Apr 7, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #5,851 of 6,404

The babies are home... The bottom pair with the silver & copper tips, and fitted with the latest iteration of the Uber Too cables, are the 1Plus2.2. :)

Apr 7, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #5,852 of 6,404

The babies are home... The bottom pair with the silver & copper tips, and fitted with the latest iteration of the Uber Too cables, are the 1Plus2.2.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice and congrats!
rolleyes.gif

Mine (1P2 original) are out for repair atm...

Is there a (big?) difference in sq / signature between the original 1P2 and V2.2?

Apr 7, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #5,853 of 6,404
Nice and congrats! :rolleyes:
Mine (1P2 original) are out for repair atm...

Is there a (big?) difference in sq / signature between the original 1P2 and V2.2?

Thanks! I'll be able to tell you more over the course of the next week or so once I've given them a further listen. :)

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #5,854 of 6,404
Big caveat is that these are quick first impressions of the 1Plus2.2. It is not burnt in by quite a mile. I believe that there are others who have had this IEM a bit longer and may be better able to offer their impressions.

OK. After a couple of hours on this and listening to a few albums, I'll quickly set down my initial thoughts before I duck back into listening. I'm also trying to find time to listen to the Plus5 with the new stock cable.

Hmm... What really characterises the original 1Plus2 is its wide open soundstage (though not as deep), gobs of details and perhaps slightly on the austere side. Especially when you set it next to the Ref1 Too.

The 1Plus2.2 (for short, I may call it the "2.2") is quite a different creature. For starters, the 2.2 has quite a bit more pith to its sonic signature: no one would accuse it of having width but not much depth. Another thing which has struck me at this early stage is the 2.2 has very extended yet controlled trebles. The bass seems to be more controlled now - in a sense it may even rival the Ref1's, save that it's bass is more controlled and has a quicker decay. I suspect that some people may still prefer the bass decay of the Ref1 Too if they find that more natural. 

With regard to the mids, my initial impression is the vocals are more engaging and present in the 2.2, compared to the original. Yet I would not quite call it forward. I suspect the added depth and texture in the soundstage gives rise to the perception of more accessible vocals. I should also note that the timbre on strings are excellent and the piano sounds realistic. 

At the end of the day, while I do enjoy my 1Plus2, I think the 2.2 shows great promise in its musical presentation. I am actually enjoying it very much right out of the box. Thanks to Awry whose initial impressions gave me the impetus to take the leap of faith. 
atsmile.gif

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #5,855 of 6,404
  Big caveat is that these are quick first impressions of the 1Plus2.2. It is not burnt in by quite a mile. I believe that there are others who have had this IEM a bit longer and may be better able to offer their impressions.

OK. After a couple of hours on this and listening to a few albums, I'll quickly set down my initial thoughts before I duck back into listening. I'm also trying to find time to listen to the Plus5 with the new stock cable.

Hmm... What really characterises the original 1Plus2 is its wide open soundstage (though not as deep), gobs of details and perhaps slightly on the austere side. Especially when you set it next to the Ref1 Too.

The 1Plus2.2 (for short, I may call it the "2.2") is quite a different creature. For starters, the 2.2 has quite a bit more pith to its sonic signature: no one would accuse it of having width but not much depth. Another thing which has struck me at this early stage is the 2.2 has very extended yet controlled trebles. The bass seems to be more controlled now - in a sense it may even rival the Ref1's, save that it's bass is more controlled and has a quicker decay. I suspect that some people may still prefer the bass decay of the Ref1 Too if they find that more natural. 

With regard to the mids, my initial impression is the vocals are more engaging and present in the 2.2, compared to the original. Yet I would not quite call it forward. I suspect the added depth and texture in the soundstage gives rise to the perception of more accessible vocals. I should also note that the timbre on strings are excellent and the piano sounds realistic. 

At the end of the day, while I do enjoy my 1Plus2, I think the 2.2 shows great promise in its musical presentation. I am actually enjoying it very much right out of the box. Thanks to Awry whose initial impressions gave me the impetus to take the leap of faith. 
atsmile.gif

Let's see how your 1Plus2.2 goes once burnt in.

I can imagine there'll be a civil war going on between the Tralucent IEMs to beg for your usage time LOL.

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #5,856 of 6,404
Let's see how your 1Plus2.2 goes once burnt in.

I can imagine there'll be a civil war going on between the Tralucent IEMs to beg for your usage time LOL.

Indeed, Flymetothemoon. Two who are very jealous & demanding... Heavens help me! :innocent:

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #5,857 of 6,404
Indeed, Flymetothemoon. Two who are very jealous & demanding... Heavens help me! :innocent:

Please keep updating us on the progress of the "war".

Apr 7, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #5,858 of 6,404
Apr 7, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #5,859 of 6,404
I am a little lucky to own 2.2 slightly longer.

To my ears, treble extends very nicely. Bass is punchy with fast decay and good impact. Vocal is emotive. Timbre of instruments is excellent. I love the 2.2 with strings and vocal.

This little gem is very revealing and shines with good sources.

Currently, it is running off the silver gold cable, and am eagerly waiting for the stock to arrive which is quite tasty during my short audition previously.

Hey Kiats, you have made a wise choice :)

Apr 7, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #5,860 of 6,404
I am a little lucky to own 2.2 slightly longer.

To my ears, treble extends very nicely. Bass is punchy with fast decay and good impact. Vocal is emotive. Timbre of instruments is excellent. I love the 2.2 with strings and vocal.

This little gem is very revealing and shines with good sources.

Currently, it is running off the silver gold cable, and am eagerly waiting for the stock to arrive which is quite tasty during my short audition previously.

Hey Kiats, you have made a wise choice :)

Thanks, Sabre2! Indeed it appears so. Happy days... :)

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #5,861 of 6,404

Just a quick shot of the 1plus2 (bottom) and the 1plus2.2. Apologies if the shot is less than ideal: it was taken with my iphone. :yum:

I think you will notice that the shells of the 2.2 is now more compact compared to the original 1Plus2. In fact it compares very favourably to that of the Plus5, as can be seen from the previous photo of the two of them juxtaposed to each other.

The other pleasing thing is the Tralucent team has made great strides in the finish of their IEMs and the polish is top class. :)

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #5,862 of 6,404

Just a quick shot of the 1plus2 (bottom) and the 1plus2.2. Apologies if the shot is less than ideal: it was taken with my iphone. :yum:

I think you will notice that the shells of the 2.2 is now more compact compared to the original 1Plus2. In fact it compares very favourably to that of the Plus5, as can be seen from the previous photo of the two of them juxtaposed to each other.

The other pleasing thing is the Tralucent team has made great strides in the finish of their IEMs and the polish is top class.
smily_headphones1.gif

New plugs as well?

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #5,864 of 6,404
Bug difference in the size of the housing. Well done. Is that for the Ref 1 Too? Smaller housing?

Hmmm... I think the Ref1 Too is slightly smaller than the Ref1. But it's been quite a while now. Hence I would take my memory with a large dose of salt. Age...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back