Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
May 23, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #5,701 of 6,404
Basically, very quick pros / cons 1Plius2 vs SE846

1Plus2 Pros:

Much better treble / top end definition, the SE846 sound blurred / smeared in comparison
More musical generally
Better cohesion of sound (which is odd, considering hybrid vs all BA)
Better PraT
Better soundstage
No hiss (
smily_headphones1.gif
)

SE846 Pros:

No wind noise (this is a killer for me after six months of exclusive SE846 usage)
Less cable microphonics
No worries about the units coming detached from the cable (this pair of 1Plus2 I have here has the loose right hand connection I have seen mentioned here)
Better isolation (subjective, but with the 1Plus2, using more isolating tips seems to crush that delicious treble)
Tunable (not that much of a pro, seeing that the 1Plus2 seems to have tonality bang on for my liking!)

I will go into further detail in the future when I've had the 1Plus2 for longer than the two weeks I've had them so far, however despite the SE846 having quite a few pros (one of them being fundamentally important - not wanting to lose the actual units!) - I absolutely love the music that the 1Plus2 gently trickle into my ears - fantastic
smily_headphones1.gif

in other words , 1plus2 DESTROYS 846 (which we know it is a terribly overrated iem, especially if you hear some other better iems like 1plus2 or K3003)

thanx for your honest take
beerchug.gif

May 23, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #5,702 of 6,404
Basically, very quick pros / cons 1Plius2 vs SE846

1Plus2 Pros:

Much better treble / top end definition, the SE846 sound blurred / smeared in comparison
More musical generally
Better cohesion of sound (which is odd, considering hybrid vs all BA)
Better PraT
Better soundstage
No hiss (
smily_headphones1.gif
)

SE846 Pros:

No wind noise (this is a killer for me after six months of exclusive SE846 usage)
Less cable microphonics
No worries about the units coming detached from the cable (this pair of 1Plus2 I have here has the loose right hand connection I have seen mentioned here)
Better isolation (subjective, but with the 1Plus2, using more isolating tips seems to crush that delicious treble)
Tunable (not that much of a pro, seeing that the 1Plus2 seems to have tonality bang on for my liking!)

I will go into further detail in the future when I've had the 1Plus2 for longer than the two weeks I've had them so far, however despite the SE846 having quite a few pros (one of them being fundamentally important - not wanting to lose the actual units!) - I absolutely love the music that the 1Plus2 gently trickle into my ears - fantastic
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for your ''quick'' 1p2 vs SE846 impression and now I understand the ''things you detest'' on your 1p2 and why I couldn't find them myself:

1. Wind noise => I almost never take them out of the house
  2. Microphonics => I have my Silver Widow on the 1p2 (guess you have yours on the SE846). Almost no microphonics + SW has great synergy with the 1p2 imo
  3. The connection on my 1p2 is save and secure => doesn't detache easily and never came loose out of itself
  4. Isolation/seal/fit is very good for me with JVC (M) Spiral Dot tips...I can wear the 1p2 for hours without hardly noticing it's in my ears
  5. So, only one left: tunable...no it isn't, but I don't consider it a big loss as I also like the soundsignature as it is...

I've also tried somebody else's SE846 some months ago (with my DX90) and I must say that I liked it a lot. I think the owner said he had the blue filter on it. Although I still prefered the 1p2, I thought the SE846 came pretty close and surely wasn't destroyed (like proedros wrote) by it imo.

Btw, nice to read that with X5+Chord Hugo (high on my wishlist) there's also no hiss...

May 23, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #5,703 of 6,404
Thanks for your ''quick'' 1p2 vs SE846 impression and now I understand the ''things you detest'' on your 1p2 and why I couldn't find them myself:

• Wind noise => I almost never take them out of the house

• Microphonics => I have my Silver Widow on the 1p2 (guess you have yours on the SE846). Almost no microphonics + SW has great synergy with the 1p2 imo

• The connection on my 1p2 is save and secure => doesn't detache easily and never came loose out of itself

• Isolation/seal/fit is very good for me with JVC (M) Spiral Dot tips...I can wear the 1p2 for hours without hardly noticing it's in my ears

• So, only one left: tunable...no it isn't, but I don't consider it a big loss as I also like the soundsignature as it is...

I've also tried somebody else's SE846 some months ago (with my DX90) and I must say that I liked it a lot. I think the owner said he had the blue filter on it. Although I still prefered the 1p2, I thought the SE846 came pretty close and surely wasn't destroyed (like proedros wrote) by it imo.

Btw, nice to read that with X5+Chord Hugo (high on my wishlist) there's also no hiss...
Confirmed, ZERO hiss on Hugo :)

May 25, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #5,707 of 6,404
I've just purchased some 1plus2s from another head-fi member as a replacement for my Heir 8a customs. Not through choice if im honest, but because one side of my customs became detached whilst I was out and I lost it!!! Totally gutted!!! They were my pride and joy :frowning2:

Anyway, I've been considering the 1plus2s for a while, so now's my chance. I'll be pairing them with my Toxic silver widow balanced cable, so hopefully that will be a nice match

Can anyone suggest a good place to order Spiral dots from in the UK? I've had a good look around, but I've not found a reseller

May 26, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #5,708 of 6,404
  I've just purchased some 1plus2s from another head-fi member as a replacement for my Heir 8a customs. Not through choice if im honest, but because one side of my customs became detached whilst I was out and I lost it!!! Totally gutted!!! They were my pride and joy :frowning2:

Anyway, I've been considering the 1plus2s for a while, so now's my chance. I'll be pairing them with my Toxic silver widow balanced cable, so hopefully that will be a nice match

Can anyone suggest a good place to order Spiral dots from in the UK? I've had a good look around, but I've not found a reseller

Sorry to hear about your customs. I would be pretty devastated about that. 

My 1Plus2 are on their way to me. For me its going to hit the wallet pretty hard, but I can only think how much money it should save in future purchases with some luck. My little collection is basically complete bare this final piece.

Cannot advise on any UK sellers but ebay USA has them.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR4.TRC1.A0.H0.Xspiral%20dot%20tips.TRS0&_nkw=spiral%20dot%20tips&_sacat=0#item27fe8cd091

May 26, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #5,710 of 6,404
Ah ha ha hahahah ha ha!

Oh wait, you're serious?

Ha ha ha hahaha!

This is headfi, the collection is never complete :p

Yup! This is it! The grande finale, when I turn my back with a little hankie knapsack hanging off a stick walking into the sunset.

Credits rolling, everyone applauding. This is the Boom Shankar.

H20Retirement - plan.

May 28, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #5,711 of 6,404

Sorry to hear about your customs. I would be pretty devastated about that. 

My 1Plus2 are on their way to me. For me its going to hit the wallet pretty hard, but I can only think how much money it should save in future purchases with some luck. My little collection is basically complete bare this final piece.

Cannot advise on any UK sellers but ebay USA has them.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR4.TRC1.A0.H0.Xspiral%20dot%20tips.TRS0&_nkw=spiral%20dot%20tips&_sacat=0#item27fe8cd091

Cheers mate,

I felt physicaly sick when I realised what had happened :frowning2:

Oh well. Onwards and upwards...

May 28, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #5,712 of 6,404

Cheers mate,

I felt physicaly sick when I realised what had happened :frowning2:

Oh well. Onwards and upwards...

I tried Spiral Dot tips today actually on 1Plus2. I think they give some of the best fitting I've had, really snug, tight, well sealed. It also does grand things to the soundstage, spreads it out opening up the presentation. What I didn't like was a slight emphasis in vocal sibilance showing up at times. Also, I prefer something a little more intimate in the mids, rather than that explosive stage which kind of takes over pushing the mids back for me. Keep in mind everyone's ears are different, the depth, seal etc its going to vary between users.

I would give them 10/10 for the fit though.

May 29, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #5,713 of 6,404
I just received a pair of spiral dots and I just have to say those spirals make the sound of the 1+2 just sound amazing.

I'm even thinking about keeping them if the fit is good enough for 6 to 7 hours use

/cheers to dopaminer for sending the spirals for me

May 29, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #5,714 of 6,404

I tried Spiral Dot tips today actually on 1Plus2. I think they give some of the best fitting I've had, really snug, tight, well sealed. It also does grand things to the soundstage, spreads it out opening up the presentation.

I would give them 10/10 for the fit though.

I just received a pair of spiral dots and I just have to say those spirals make the sound of the 1+2 just sound amazing.

I'm even thinking about keeping them if the fit is good enough for 6 to 7 hours use

/cheers to dopaminer for sending the spirals for me

We all need to thank Lee730 for the Spiral Dot 'discovery'...he's the one who started the recommendation awhile ago. Thanks Jimmy!

May 30, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #5,715 of 6,404
Imo Spiral Dot tips work great on other iems also.
Last year I got them with a JVC FX650 that I bought on the classifieds. When I tried them on my RTi1 I also heard a big improvement and now I use them on both my 1Plus2 and XBA-Z5...

Still wondering how they compare to Spinfits though...should order/try those also sometimes I guess...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back