Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions Thread
Jun 6, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #5,731 of 6,404
That is the kicker for me...

They sound absolutely fantastic with the ZX2 (using silver coated copper 8N cable) sublime in fact, never heard better from a one box portable setup, but, this combination has made more costly setups (my second setup in my signature as prime example) sound quite mediocre...

Good, no, FANTASTIC in some ways, but detrimental in others.

Yeah, its not really fair is it? 
mad.gif
  Happened to me once before when I home auditioned 1Plus2 going back a while.

I'm not prepared to start blowing $1k-$2k per week finding the ulitmate upgrade either. I'll just sit here thanks. 
wink.gif

Maybe a source upgrade eventually.

hey guys, do the spiral dots fit well on the 1+2?

I've always used the ortfon tips and like them very much, but the right side keeps getting stuck in my ear when I take off the iems and it's starting to piss me off! any solution you guys know for this?

Sure they do fit. =)

Jun 6, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #5,732 of 6,404

I've always used the ortfon tips and like them very much, but the right side keeps getting stuck in my ear when I take off the iems and it's starting to piss me off! any solution you guys know for this?

Sure they do fit. =)

no mods or anything?

It's been a long time since I owned the JVC 850 (or 800?), but I remember them having a bigger nozzle than the 1+2? well from memory anyways 
rolleyes.gif

I'll start looking for some, I might have a spare pair somewhere left behind form back then. On another note, how can I buy Ortofon tips delivered to the U.S.? anybody know?

Thanks!

Jun 6, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #5,733 of 6,404
  no mods or anything?

It's been a long time since I owned the JVC 850 (or 800?), but I remember them having a bigger nozzle than the 1+2? well from memory anyways 
rolleyes.gif

I'll start looking for some, I might have a spare pair somewhere left behind form back then. On another note, how can I buy Ortofon tips delivered to the U.S.? anybody know?

Thanks!

I don't know of any mods to secure tips onto IEM nozzles, it might be that your shell has an inadequate lip, or too smooth surface. Maybe you could cut the stem from another tip placing it on the nozzle first to thicken it? Wrap a bit of plumbing tape around there?  
tongue.gif
 You could also try some craft glue which dries clear to thicken up the edge of the nozzle or even apply some then the tip. its non-toxic and won't hurt the acrylic.  My tips don't come off luckily. 

You can order single sets of Ortofon tips from this member shipped worldwide.

http://www.head-fi.org/u/375848/dopaminer

Jun 6, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #5,734 of 6,404

no mods or anything?

rolleyes.gif

Thanks!

I don't know of any mods to secure tips onto IEM nozzles, it might be that your shell has an inadequate lip, or too smooth surface. Maybe you could cut the stem from another tip placing it on the nozzle first to thicken it? Wrap a bit of plumbing tape around there?  
tongue.gif
 You could also try some craft glue which dries clear to thicken up the edge of the nozzle or even apply some then the tip. its non-toxic and won't hurt the acrylic.  My tips don't come off luckily. 

You can order single sets of Ortofon tips from this member shipped worldwide.

http://www.head-fi.org/u/375848/dopaminer

thank you brother, very helpful!

I remembered people would put nail polish or something like that on their custom iems to thicken up the shells a bit, but I didn't wanna do this to a universal and hurt it resell value, so that was a no go. The craft glue might do the trick, and as long as it doesn't bond permanently then that's ok with me.

Ah yes, I bought some spin fit from him recently for my 1+2... meh, didn't like 'em for these iems.

Jun 6, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #5,735 of 6,404
That is an annoyance of mine actually, whilst rooting around, I found my JVC FX500 (remember when they were great??) Anyhow, they had these random tips on, kind of like comply tips but firmer, they take the 1p2 to another level, perfect seal, magical, but not got a clue where I got them from :frowning2:

Jun 6, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #5,736 of 6,404
  thank you brother, very helpful!

I remembered people would put nail polish or something like that on their custom iems to thicken up the shells a bit, but I didn't wanna do this to a universal and hurt it resell value, so that was a no go. The craft glue might do the trick, and as long as it doesn't bond permanently then that's ok with me.

Ah yes, I bought some spin fit from him recently for my 1+2... meh, didn't like 'em for these iems.

Also, you should know from experience - lifting the IEM housing breaking seal before removal is really effective in this regard. By lightly lifting the housing upwards the seal breaks from the canel and the tip simply backs out.

Its the airtight pressure causing the tip to come off. Be sure to practice this all the time. 

I'll leave you to it.

Jun 6, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #5,737 of 6,404

I've always used the ortfon tips and like them very much, but the right side keeps getting stuck in my ear when I take off the iems and it's starting to piss me off! any solution you guys know for this?

In my ears the fit was very good with the spiral dots. The ref 1 not as good due to suction issues.

Jun 6, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #5,738 of 6,404
That is an annoyance of mine actually, whilst rooting around, I found my JVC FX500 (remember when they were great??) Anyhow, they had these random tips on, kind of like comply tips but firmer, they take the 1p2 to another level, perfect seal, magical, but not got a clue where I got them from
frown.gif

Here's what I'm using.

Basically an aftermarket/clone Sennheiser CX300 tip.

I think I ordered 50 of them for $3 or something from China.

No fancy Spiral dots here, I didn't like how they diffused the mid-range center channel.

Jun 7, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #5,741 of 6,404

Also, you should know from experience - lifting the IEM housing breaking seal before removal is really effective in this regard. By lightly lifting the housing upwards the seal breaks from the canel and the tip simply backs out.

Its the airtight pressure causing the tip to come off. Be sure to practice this all the time. 

I'll leave you to it.

ha! funny you should bring this up. This is actually why I'm having this problem! I actually practice this all the time! When I go to move the 1+2 slightly upward to break the seal, the nozzle comes out and leaves the tip in my ear. When I do it straight out, I have no problem with the tip staying stuck in my ear, but the air pressure pops my ear and let's just say it doesn't feel very good!

I've always used the ortfon tips and like them very much, but the right side keeps getting stuck in my ear when I take off the iems and it's starting to piss me off! any solution you guys know for this?

In my ears the fit was very good with the spiral dots. The ref 1 not as good due to suction issues.

I had a very good fit with the spriral dots on the JVC's and when I tried them on the K3003i also, it's just that (from memory) I remember them having a wider nozzle were the iem inserts, my 1+2 is not as wide.

Jun 7, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #5,742 of 6,404
  ha! funny you should bring this up. This is actually why I'm having this problem! I actually practice this all the time! When I go to move the 1+2 slightly upward to break the seal, the nozzle comes out and leaves the tip in my ear. When I do it straight out, I have no problem with the tip staying stuck in my ear, but the air pressure pops my ear and let's just say it doesn't feel very good!

I had a very good fit with the spriral dots on the JVC's and when I tried them on the K3003i also, it's just that (from memory) I remember them having a wider nozzle were the iem inserts, my 1+2 is not as wide.

They fit the 1Plus2 very well. I could take the IEMs out with me walking and not lose the seal the majority of the time. The seal I felt was similar to that of a CIEM. It fit that well in my ears.

Jun 19, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #5,745 of 6,404

Does this uber cable give a huge upgrade in sq for your 1p2 (or is it the Ref.1)?
If so, how would you describe the improvements?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back